Friends & Enemies,
I want to share the following with you from a friend and fellow activist from my THC-Ministry group list because I believe that it is very important for us to reflect on what has happened as we start a new year. If we are truely to remain a free people in a free country, let us start 2006 heading in the right direction....the just & good direction....and re-claim our rights & privacies as citizens and show the rest of the world that we are a compassionate nation leading by example. It is past-due time to get rid of the politicians (no matter what party affilliation) that do not represent us,but instead,represent themselves, those with the fattest checkbook, or whoever can get them re-elected. As a Christian, I like to think of it as how Jesus drove out the greedy people from his Father's Holy Temple and constantly exposed the "religious" leaders for the hypocrites that they were. It is time to "clean house" in Washington D.C.,our state capitals,and right down to our local
communities. It is time for us to hold our represenatives accountable for their actions (or non-actions).
It is time for us to get "actively" involved in OUR governing process or reap what we have sowed by allowing OUR reps to get away with what they have done (or not done).
If you agree with what James has to say, why not drop him an email and tell him so.....tell him that Rev.Steve sent you!
May we live in peace & harmony with each other as we start taking our lives back in 06!!
And please feel "free" to share this far & wide.
james Karl <bong_jamesbong2001@...
Everyone should think about exactly what it means when George W. Bush bypasses the required judge-issued warrants for wiretaps on people's phones and computers.
It's obvious that this man now thinks he is completely the law unto himself, and that NO ONE can limit his power. He thinks the Constitution is some sort of toilet paper which has no effect on his office whatsoever. He confuses himself with God.
The important thing to remember is that WE ARE LETTING HIM GET AWAY WITH IT. Don't go on about how nothing can be done: YOU AND I ARE DOING NOTHING: WE, AS AMERICAN CITIZENS, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR FORMING THE RESISTANCE TO TYRANNY, AND WE EACH AND COLLECTIVELY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTINUATION OF DEMOCRACY AND THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE. BUSH MUST BE ELIMINATED. VOTED OUT, OR TOTED OUT. THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE.
Let's ask what Bush can do now that he has acquired STASI-type powers:
1. No industrial secret is now safe from the government. Bush has said he can spy on anyone "in the interest of freedom." But who oversees him? The government can rip off any technological secrets from the internet or the phones, and cannot be called into account for it. No business can call itself safe from the government now.
2. Bush can now use private information gained from his eavesdropping to blackmail anyone. This especially includes REPUBLICANS, but runs to the entire nation as well. Are you a Republican who disagrees with Bush? Forget about public office. Bush will have the goods on you and your family. Same with the Demos, or anyone else for that matter. Soon the voice of all dissenters will be snuffed out, if not through eavesdropping and blackmail, then through "war necessity."
3. Bush has now said that he will go after whoever leaked the information that he was acting illegally in eavesdropping without the Constitutionally-required warrant. How can he go after anyone for reporting a crime? What will happen to the unfortunate who actually believed in the Constitution, and reported Bush to the press? Where is the freedom in this? He will now be able to go after ANYONE who supports the Constitution's limitation on Presidential power if he gets away with this. He obviously doesn't care a whit for the other branch of government or the Constitution: do you think he cares about your rights?
4. Bush has said he did this latest of his crimes because of the war. What war? The Iraq war is illegal, and the "War Against Terrorists" does not even have an identifiable enemy. Who are we fighting? Bush seems to think its his own countrymen, the ones that he is spying on. He says this spying has saved American lives? Which? There have scarcely been any arrests as a result of the Patriot Act, and even far less convictions resulting from those arrests. So why the phoney spy bit, Bush?
5. In East Germany, before it was freed of Soviet tyranny (by its own people's resistance, by the way) one out of 10 people was an informer for the STASI. Files were held on nearly everyone. Bush will likewise use his phone taps to blackmail people into becoming informers, just like STASI did in East Germany before 1989. Look for an increase in snitches, and state/government-sponsered domestic terrorism, and the resulting increase in torture and internment camps.
When Bush goes after the leaker, he will not bother with the Court system, for which he already has proven he has complete disdain by the very fact that he evades the Constitutionally-required judicial warrants. Bush and the Justice Department will become the Court system. Goodbye fair trials, or even trials at all. Hello torture, internment camps, dictatorship, and Washington-originated terrorism in the USA.
End the oppression of cannabis and its consumers. Self defense is always correct, and it is never illegal. b_jb2001
6215 Smeltzer Rd.
GENESIS 1; 11,12: And God said,"Let the earth burst forth with every sort of grass and seed-bearing plant." And so it was,and God was pleased.
GENESIS 1; 29,31: "And look! I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth for your food." Then God looked over all that he had made,and it was excellent in every way.
Taken from "THE LIVING BIBLE"
Yahoo! for Good - Make a difference this year.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]