BREAKING NEWS-MEDICAL MARIJUANA BILL INTRODUCED IN MICHIGAN LEGISLATURE!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      FROM THE DESK OF REV.STEVE...............................I have waited a long time to make this announcement!! Our hard work is finally starting to pay off and I want to personally thank each and everyone of you that came out of your closet and got involved,did not give up,and worked your asses off to make this happen. Now,more than ever,we need your continued support by joining MINORML if you haven't done so yet,or if it is time for you to renew. Go to www.minorml.org and "HELP US HELP YOU" by signing up. Don't put it off.....do it now!! Be a part of a winning team!!
      The following is from our Executive Director,Mr. Tim Beck:

      My friends, it is a wonderful day here in Michigan.
      A medical mj bill was introduced in the Michigan House of Representatives today, by State Representative LaMar Lemmons III (D-Detroit) whom I am proud to say, is MY very own state representative. At this time, we have a total of 8 co-sponsors, and we hope to ad a few more in the next 48 hours.
      On December 2nd, the bill will be assigned a number and formally referred to committee, either Judiciary or hopefully, Government Operations.
      The possibility also exists, that we will find a member of the State Senate, to introduce a companion bill.
      Anyway, some "thank yous" are in order:
      1. To the various Michigan NORML activists "on the ground" who worked their rear ends off to pass medical mj initiatives in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Ferndale and Traverse City.
      2.To our very good friends at the Marijuana Policy Project, for providing model legislation, technical support and money to fund the four ballot initiatives noted above.
      3. To the NORML PAC, and some other very generous persons on the ARO list (you know who you are) who answered my call last year, to donate money to Representative Lemmons election campaign. Our good friend LaMar, was NOT an incumbent, and was running for an open House seat and he won.
      Your generosity and willingness to take a risk, was duly noted by this fine brother.
      Will keep you posted, and again, my humble thanks and good wishes to one and all.

      Best Regards,

      Tim Beck
      Executive Director, MI-NORML
      First National Building
      660 Woodward Ave., Ste. 1141
      Detroit, MI 48226
      (313) 881-8995

      Rev.Steven B.Thompson,Director

      GENESIS 1; 11,12: And God said,"Let the earth burst forth with every sort of grass and seed-bearing plant." And so it was,and God was pleased.
      GENESIS 1; 29,31: "And look! I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth for your food." Then God looked over all that he had made,and it was excellent in every way.
      Taken from "THE LIVING BIBLE"