Re: CforC Update

  • Steven Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2004
      Friends & Enemies,
      Want to share this with you.If you do not care to read,hit the "delete" button.
      Rev.Steve

      jini@... wrote:
      Greetings-

      I am in the process of updating the CforC site to a content management system which will enable the site to be more proactive. The system admin for DrugPolicyCentral has installed the software for me and is helping me work the bugs out. When it is done, and that should not take too long for the software used is extremely easy to configure and add needed plugins, the site will be set up for community interaction and hopefully we will all find the time to play a role. Any and all suggestions for the new site would be appreciated, and if anyone has any design ideas, plese pass them on.

      I also wanted to mention that in the rural area I live in that we have seen a huge increase in over doses, suicide attempts and suicides. There was an attempted o.d. around the corner from me and a suicide three houses down. Most recently one of our teens' friends over dosed on morphine due to his fiancee dying of over dose last month and then the next day his father hung himself. Has anyone else seen an increase in tragedies in their area?

      I was very encouraged to find Revolution Ministries this week, http://www.vivalarevolution.org Below is part of the ideology behind the ministry.

      The Idea of Revolution
      To show all people the unconditional love and grace of Jesus without any reservations because of their lifestyle or religious background, past or future. This love has no agenda behind it (I Cor. 13:5). This grace sets no timeline on personal change or standards for spiritual growth (Romans 4:4-5). The idea is to be a part of people�s lives because we truly care for them rather than to fulfill a religious duty; to walk with them through all their struggles as a part of their life, not as a religious outsider.

      There are also a few emails I want to share.

      From Luke:

      "Hey the supreme court is meeting tomorrow to hear the case on medical cannabis. Make sure to pray that they will uphold state's rights and patient's, and allow it."
      http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/26/scotus.medical.marijuana.ap/index.html

      From Maria:

      A great day to you all, sir/ma'm!!!
      It's me again, Maria Juanita Dela Cruz from the Philippines. I'm an underground Marijuana Activist. You know ma'm, after I've talked to my friends and groups, a congressman from the Ifugao region, Rep. Solomon Chungalao wrote a bill to legalize the sacred hemp!! They heard me, ma'm!!! AND NOW IS THE RIGHT TIMING, SIR/MA'M, PLEASE ADVISE US ON WHAT STEPS SHOULD WE DO NEXT. YOUR ORGANIZATION EXPERIENCED THIS TOO, RIGHT? THAT MEANS YOU KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THESE SITUATIONS. PLEASE SUPPORT US IN ANY WAY, OH GREAT SIR/MA'M. PLEASE CONTACT ME, AND I CAN EVEN WORK FOR YOU.
      SMOKERS OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!! ALRIGHT!
      Peace, love and rock n roll,
      MJ

      From John:

      HELLO FELLOW CHRISTIAN,
      I AM VERY SICK IN TENNNESSEE WITH HEPATITIS C, SECERE SPINAL INJURY, DDD, PTSD, FIBROMIALGA, PERIFREAL NEURAPATHY,
      AGENT ORANGE, INSOMNIA AND MORE. I GOT THES MALIDIES IN SERVICE TO THE US ARMY IN THE VIETNAM WAR. THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION WILL NOT HELP ME. I SMOKED MARIJUANA TILL ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO AND MY PAIN IS NOW UNBEARABLE. MY CIVILIAN DOCTOR SAID WHEN HE WAS IN CALIFORNIA HE GAVE PERSCRIPTIONS TO PEOPLE WITH HEP C AND MY SPINAL PAIN, BUT TENNESSEE WILL NOT ALOW IT.WHAT DO I DO? I FELT SO B ETTER WHEN I SMOKED IT. THE VA AND TENN-CARE DRUG TEST ME. I WOUOLD RATHER SMOKE A WEE BIT THAN TAKE THE 80MG OF METHADONE FOR MY PAIN. KLONIPIN AND DALAMANE, MUSSEL RELAXERS, ETC., EACH DAY. JESUS AND I ARE ON GOOD STANDINGS . WE LOVE EACH OTHER. SURELY HE WOULD RATHER SEE ME SMOKE JUST A LITTLE BIT THAN BE ADDICTED TO THESE CHEMICALS AND OPATES. PLEASE HELP ME.

      From Robbi:

      Hi there,
      I just wanted to say that I think your website is awesome and what you stand for really rocks. As an ex-christian recording artist from the 80's & 90's, I have delt with a lot of criticism for my cannabis prescription and people have thrown stones, but for the few who endeared hardships and come throught them, only to find out that cannabis can help them in their daily life, not to mention put them in touch with the spirit in a very un-inhibited way. One of my friends in particular comes to mind.

      Anyway, just wanted to say and and give my respect to a worthwhile thing.

      Check out my music online, if you'd like. My music has grown a lot since my early days....

      http://www.robbispencer.com/
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/spencerrobertsmusic.htm
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/robbispencersradiophobiamusic.htm
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/robbispencersfreakeasymusic.htm
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/robbispencersafterthoughtsmusic.htm

      One Love,
      Robbi

      Thank you all for reading and God bless.

      love and peace,
      -jini