JESUS & MEDICAL MARIJUANA (Letter to the Editor)

  • Steven Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2004
      Since before the election,I have read many letters on the subject of Jesus and where he would stand on politics today and I can stay silent no more. Is he a liberal or a conservative? I am sick of labels!
      Jesus is LOVE and I Corinthians,chapter 13 teaches us that LOVE never fails. What does this mean? Are we Bible-believing Christians suppose to set ourselves up as judge & jury and condemn all other humans that do not think like we do,or are we suppose to LOVE our fellow human-beings like Jesus loved us? I am not talking about a "patronizing" type of love,but a real,genuine,lay down your life,"agape"
      love (unconditional). We are all "equal" in the sight of God and...yes...
      Jesus loves pro-abortion people,gay people,pot-smoking people,believers and non-believers alike and he did not give any of us the authority to hate & fear anyone and if you think he did,then you had better re-read his teachings with the help of the Holy Spirit and seek forgiveness.
      Let me show you an example of "real Christian love". Today,November
      29,2004,the U.S.Supreme Court is hearing arguements on medical
      marijuana in Ashcroft v. Raich. Because of this,Bible-believing,pot-smoking Christians are fasting & praying all over the world for "agape"
      love to prevail.We are even praying for our enemies who would like to see us jailed or worse,killed! Why? Because people are hurting & dying
      without the use of this "miracle" plant even as I write this and if you think that is ok,then you had better have a little talk with Jesus' dad (God) who created this plant and told us to use it! It is ok if you don't want to use it...we who do will not rub off on you or cause your faith to fail. We are God-created human beings just like you so LOVE us just like Jesus loves you!! When you do...when you finally "get it"...then the revival or healing (whichever you want to call it) will sweep over this land and spread through out the world and we can "truthfully" be called "A Nation Under God" once again.
      Rev.Steven B. Thompson
      Director,Benzie County NORML
      Benzonia,MI 49616
      1-231-882-9721