The Watchers

  • GraceWatcher@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2003

      The Watchers

      Who were the Watchers?They have been called 'ancient astronauts', 'angels', 'demons' and 'gods'. In the book 'From The Ashes Of Angels', Andrew Collins goes to great lengths to demonstrate that the beings variously called the Nephilim, the Watchers, the ir, grigori, Serpents, Anunnaki, and Anakim are actually our most ancient ancestors - beings of flesh and blood. Because of their tremendous and long-term influence upon our collective knowledge/memory as a race, they took on the status of divine beings. In the older pantheistic religions of Egypt, Sumer, Akkad and Babylon, they served as gods and the progenitors/consorts of the kingly and priestly classes. To the Yezidi of Kurdistan, with whom the Watchers mingled as neighbors, they became the angel/demons of their religious tradition.What did they look like?

      Using a description of angelic beings from a 'reconstructed apocalyptic fragment' known as the Testament of Amram (the father of Moses), Collins begins to unfold for us the physical appearance of the Watchers:[I saw Watchers] in my vision, the dream-vision. Two (men) were fighting over me, saying...and holding a great contest over me. I asked them, 'Who are you, that you are thus empo[wered over me?' They answered me, 'We] [have ben em]powered and rule over all mankind.' They said to me, 'Which of us do yo[u choose to rule (you)?' I raised my eyes and looked.] [One] of them was terr[i]fying in his appearance, [like a s]erpent, [his] c[loa]k many-colored yet very dark... [And I looked again], and...in his appearance, his visage like a viper, and [wearing...] exceedingly, and all his eyes...]

      Another account from Enoch, who is approached by two Watchers closely parallels the way in which Amram perceived them:And there appeared to me two men very tall, such as I have never seen on earth. And their faces shone like the sun, and their eyes were like burning lamps; and fire came forth from their lips. Their dress had the appearance of feathers: ... [purple], their wings were brighter than gold; their hands whiter than snow. They stood at the head of my bed and called me by name.It is clear from these descriptions that the Watchers were taller than their contemporaries and therefore often refered to as 'giants'. The Watchers are refered to in more texts than one as being 'like white men', with white skin and a ruddiness to their complexions. Their 'serpent' like physiognomy seems to refer to the fact that their faces were long, with high-cheekbones and wide heavily-lidded or 'slitty' eyes. Skulls of such type have been found in Egypt and other ancient (often royal) burial sites, that have a considerably larger cranial dome than those of contemporary skulls found nearby. Their eyes, said to 'shine like burning lamps most likely attests to the fact that they were either possessed of light-reflective irides - as are some animals, or their eyes were golden or amber in color. From The Book of Noah, which describes Noah's birth, his father Lamech states, 'the hair of his head as white as wool and his demdema ('long curly hair') beautiful... I have begotten a strange son. He is not like an (ordinary) human being, but he looks like the children of the angels of heaven to me...It does not seem to me that he is of me, but of angels...' Collins goes on to surmise that the long, thick curly white hair 'perhaps matted to form long dreadlocks'.

      Perceived from the point of view of the darker skinned, dark haired, relatively small in stature indigenous cultures who met up with these beings, they would indeed appear alien and frightening.The idea of 'wings' on angels most likely comes from the fact that these were vulture shamans who wore cloaks of vulture, eagle and bustard feathers. Two Factions of WatchersThere were, apparently two factions of Watchers - those who believed that their great knowledge was not to be shared with the lesser mortals who shared the world with them, and those who believed that it should be shared. Due to the fact that their intellect and knowledge came from the longevity of their culture, it far outweighed that of those primitive peoples they found in their journeys across the earth. They would have seemed 'magical' and very powerful in the matters and deeds which they could accomplish.The Blood of KingsCollins gives many arguments for the concept that they were a shamanic culture, whose main totems were the serpent and the vulture.

      Even though he does point out that they were most probably the first royalty of the Egyptians, I don't think that he mentions that these two icons are also often part of the headress of the Pharohs - a sign of their 'divine status' and procession from the gods. He also indicates a belief that it was perhaps the Watchers and their advanced knowledge that constructed such wonders of the ancient word as the Sphinx, the Valley Temple, the Osireion and the pyramids at Giza as long ago as 10,500 B.C.!! Survivors of the Ice AgeCollins gives two propositions for the genesis of the Watchers. First, that they were possibly the survivors of the advanced Atlantean culture - as many legends of Egypt and the Near East speak of their earliest ancestors as having come from a mythic land. In the chapter titled 'Amnesia of the Masses', Collins states: It is therefore quite conceivable that before the end of the last Ice Age there existed in different parts of the world an ocean-going, high civilization with international cities and ports, thus implying that the Egyptian elder culture had simply been one of its many foreign colonies. There is another possibility, however; and this is that the elder culture did develop in Egypt, or north Africa at least, and that after its apparent fragmentation in the tenth millenium B.C., remnants of the race not only entered and settled in the Near East, but also travelled to other parts of the world searching for safe havens where they could excape the on-going series of cataclysms. Some of these isolated colonies would certainly have disappeared without trace.

      Yet others may well have been responsible for the rise of civilizations - the Watchers of Kurdistan being a prime example.
      Lords of the UnderworldCollins also theorizes that some factions of the Watchers might have constructed the vast honeycomb of underground cities that exist in Cappadocia (Turkey) and were only recently discovered in 1964. The volcanic nature of the region and it's strange, otherworldly geology lend well to the myths of 'fiery rains', Hell on earth and the stories of the Lords of the Underworld from Sumerian/Akkadian/Babylonian myth. The tufacious ash was easily worked and hollowed out from the earth to form these labyrinthine underground cities that could have been one of those aforementioned 'safe havens' from the cataclysms of flooding, glaciation and volcanic activities at the end of the Ice Age. Many of the passageways were also sealed by millstone type doors or valves that could be opened only from the inside - sounding very much like the 'gates' one must pass to reach the provinces of Ereshkigal, Nergal and the Land of No Return. Added to this are the 'fairy chimney' formations in the area, which were believed to mark above-ground the homes of the djinn. It is most likely, Collins asserts, that the Watchers were equated with the djinn, for their distinctive physical traits and seemingly magical knowledge.

      The Orion Connection...It is well known from The Book of Enoch that the fallen angels were bound for their transgressions against Man and God and thrown into the earth - with the exception of Azazel, who was bound and thrown into the fiery abyss. However, other versions of this story assert that Shemyaza also suffered a different fate than that of his brothers. That is, he was bound and hung in the heavens as a warning for all to see and remember, as the constellation of Orion. See Enoch's sojourn to the Second Heaven in The Book of Enoch. What were they watching?

      It has been assumed by many that the Watchers are so named, because they were set to the task of watching Man. However, if you read The Book of Enoch, where he speaks of being taken to the First and Sixth Heavens by the angels, you will see that they are watching the stars and the heavens - counting and measuring the motions of said stars and planets and cycles of time, as well as climatology and seismology. This fits in very well with the idea that the Watcher culture was responsible for the building of the Sphinx and the icons of Osiris/Orion in the Age of Leo, and perhaps gave a great measure of their knowledge to the astronomer-priests of Sumer, Akkad and Babylon.
      'From The Ashes Of Angels' by Andrew Collins  Universal Library ~This site designed & maintained by The GateKeeper © 2003~

      This came from the Desk of GraceWatcher Ministries
      "We Are Spiritual Beings Having a Human Experience"
      **************************
      Love and Light
      Paul E Jones
      email addresses
      GraceWatcher@...
      GraceWatcher@...
      AIM- GraceWatcher
      Yahoo- GraceWatcher
      MSN- GraceWatcher
      ICQ- 10929390
      Web Site
      UFOs, Paranormal, Lightwork, Ascension, Keys of Enoch, Theosophy, Kabbalah
      Ascended Masters, Angels, Star-Seeds, Walk-Ins, Pyramids, Earth Mysteries
      http://www.gracewatcher.com

      For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.
      For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.
      For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.