Universal Healing Rainbow: Legend and Lesson

  • GraceWatcher@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      From the Desk of GraceWatcher@...
      "We Are Spiritual Beings Having a Human Experience"

      Once upon a time the colors of the world started to quarrel;
      all claimed that they were the best, the most important,
      the most useful, the favorite.

      GREEN said, "Clearly I am the most important. I am the sign
      of life and of hope. I was chosen for grass, trees, leaves...
      without me, all animals would die. Look over the countryside
      and you will see that I am in the majority."

      BLUE interrupted. "You only think about the earth, but
      consider the sky and the sea. It is the water that is the
      basis of life and drawn up by the clouds from the deep sea.
      The sky gives space and peace and serenity. Without my
      peace, you would all be nothing."

      YELLOW chuckled, "You are all so serious. I bring
      laughter, gaiety, and warmth into the world. The sun
      is yellow, the moon is yellow, the stars are yellow.
      Every time you look at a sunflower, the whole world
      starts to smile. Without me there would be no fun."

      ORANGE started next to blow her trumpet. "I am the color
      of health and strength. I may be scarce, but I am precious...
      for I serve the needs of human life. I carry the most important
      vitamins. Think of carrots, pumpkins, oranges, mangoes, and
      pawpaws. I don't hang around all the time, but when I fill the
      sky at sunrise or sunset, my beauty is so striking that no one
      gives another thought to any of you!"

      RED could stand it no longer. He shouted out,
      "I am the ruler of all of you - I am blood - life's blood!
      I am the color of danger and of bravery. I am willing
      to fight for a cause. I bring fire into the blood. Without
      me, the earth would be as empty as the moon. I am
      the color of passion and of love, the red rose,
      the poinsettia and the poppy."

      PURPLE rose up to his full height. He was very tall
      and spoke with great pomp. "I am the color of royalty
      and power. Kings, chiefs, and bishops have always
      chosen me for I am the sign of authority and wisdom.
      People do not question me - they listen and obey."

      Finally, INDIGO spoke, much more quietly than all the others,
      but with just as much determination: "Think of me. I am the
      color of silence. You hardly notice me, but without me you
      all become superficial. I represent thought and reflection,
      twilight and deep water. You need me for balance and
      contrast, for prayer and inner peace."

      And so the colors went on boasting, each convinced
      of his or her own superiority. Their quarreling became
      louder and louder.

      Suddenly there was a startling flash
      of bright lightening - thunder rolled and boomed. Rain
      started to pour down relentlessly The colors crouched
      down in fear, drawing close to one another for comfort.

      In the midst of the clamor, rain began to speak:
      "You foolish colors, fighting amongst yourselves, each
      trying to dominate the rest.

      Don't you know that you were each made for a special purpose, unique
      and different?

      Join hands with one another and come to me!"

      Doing as they were told, the colors united and joined hands.

      The rain continued: "From now on, when it rains,
      each of you will stretch across the sky in a great bow
      of color as a reminder that you can all live in peace.
      The rainbow is a sign of hope for tomorrow."

      And so, whenever a good rain washes the world,
      and a rainbow appears in the sky, let us remember
      to appreciate one another.

      ~based on a Native American legend

      Love and Light
      Paul E Jones
      email addresses/
      GraceWatcher@...
      GraceWatcher@...
      gracewatcher@...
      Instant Messagners/
      AIM- GraceWatcher
      Yahoo- GraceWatcher
      MSN- GraceWatcher
      Paltalk- GraceWatcher
      ICQ- 10929390
      Web Site/
      UFOs, Paranormal, Lightwork, Ascension, Keys of Enoch, Theosophy, Kabbalah
      Ascended Masters, Angels, Star-Seeds, Walk-Ins, Pyramids, Earth Mysteries
      http://hometown.aol.com/gracewatcher
      other web sites of interest/
      SpiritWeb  http://www.spiritweb.org
      The Witches Voice  http://www.witchvox.com