Help from German speaker wanted

  • Andy Latto
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
      So I sent my game, Cross Purposes, to the Hippodice competition,
      and it got accepted! I'm so excited! But the reply they sent me is
      in German, and it's a little beyond what Babelfish can cope with.
      So if someone who speaks german can read this for me and tell me what
      I'm supposed to do now, I'd really appreciate it. If you'd be willing
      to do this, please send me email. All that's involved is that
      I'll send you what they sent me (about a page of text), and you
      tell me what it says (probably easier to just call me up than to
      retype the whole thing in english).

      For those who wonder what I'm talking about:

      The Hippodice club is a german gaming club (meaning a gaming club in
      Germany, rather than a club that plays german games) that has an annual
      game design competition. You send them the rules and a brief description
      of your game, and if they like it, they ask you to send them a prototype.
      (I just passed this first cut; typically they get about 150 submissions,
      and only ask for prototypes for about a third of them, so I'm quite pleased).
      Then they play the prototypes for months, and decide on 10 finalists.
      The 10 finalists get played and judged by a jury of people from game
      publishers. The winner often gets published, and it's not unusual for
      other games in the top 10 to get published as well. For example, last year,
      Dragon Delta, and Auf falscher Faerte both got published after doing
      well in the Hippodice competition. So I'm very excited to have made
      the first cut, and to have the Hippodice club playing my game.

      By the way, if anyone here is interested in trying Cross Purposes, let
      me know, and I'll start bringing a copy to gaming sessions I attend.
      It's a simple, half-hour two-player game (I'd really like to sell it
      to Kosmos for they're two-player game line!) with a train theme.

      Andy
    • Walter H. Hunt
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
        Send it along to us, Andy. BTW, I humbly yield to David and Alison if they want
        to do it.

        Walter.