quick Adv Civ question

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2001
      I think I read it on this list, although I could be wrong... was there a
      change to turn order in Advanced Civ from basic Civ? Also, can can anyone
      confirm the turn order in Advnaced Civ being (from memory):

      1. Collect Taxes (revolt)
      2. Population Expansion
      3. Census
      4. Build & Support Ships
      5. Movement
      6. Conflict resolution
      7. Build Cities
      8. Acquire Trade Cards
      9. Trade
      10. Acquire Civ cards
      11. Reduce unsupported cities
      12. Alter AST

      Sorry for inane questions, but I have only own the basic version and don't
      have it with me. I know, I should carry it around so I can write signs
      begging for money on the inside cover of the box. Thanks!

      ------- -- -----
      Matthew J. Horn
    • Adam Smiles
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2001
        The correct order for Adv Civ:

        1. Collect Taxes (revolt)
        2. Population Expansion
        3. Census
        4. Build & Support Ships
        5. Movement
        6. Conflict resolution
        7. Reduced unsupported Cities/Population
        8. Build Cities
        9. Acquire Trade Cards
        10. Trade
        11. Resolve Calamities/Reduce unsupported Cities
        12. Acquire Civ cards
        13. Alter AST

        The change from Basic to Adv Civ was to invert number 11 and 12.

        In the basic game you could recieve epidemic, purchase medicine and then
        resolve the calamity. This is not allowed in the Advanced Game.

        -Adam

      • Walter H. Hunt
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2001
          Adam Smiles wrote:

          > The correct order for Adv Civ:
          >
          > 11. Resolve Calamities/Reduce unsupported Cities
          > 12. Acquire Civ cards

          This is the most important feature of the turn order - in Advanced Civ, you
          can't acquire a
          Civ card to fix a coming calamity. In regular Civ you can.

          Walter.
        • David Fontes
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2001
            > 7. Reduced unsupported Cities/Population
            > 8. Build Cities

            Shouldn't this be the other way around? If you have to reduce excess
            population before building cities, you'd never be able to build a city!

            -David
            David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
            dfontes@...