December SNOB announcement

  • Matthew Gray
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      SNOB (Slightly North of Boston) gaming occurs every Monday night
      starting around 7pm and going until around 11 pm at Your Move Games in
      Somerville. This month, it will presumably happen every week, with
      the probable exception of the 24th, as I'm not even sure if YMG is
      open then. Directions to the store are at:
      http://www.yourmovegames.com/tournaments/directions/ymg_somerville.html
      SNOB is not announced weekly. Simply show up.

      Your Move Games, who provides the space for us stocks a variety of
      games, focused heavily on collectible card games and miniatures, but
      with a solid inventory of "German" games. Additionally, they're happy
      to order/stock anything that is requested.

      Your Move Games also offers a 10% discount off of everything to Unity
      Games members. If you want to use the Unity Games 10% discount at
      Your Move Games you need to do two things:

      1) You need to have your name on the Unity Games Contact List. I will
      print this occasionally and give them a copy at the store.

      2) You need an ID. You can print your own ID using the URL below.
      Enter your name and print out the resulting page. Then, you need a
      sleeve. You can either use your own magic card sleeve, if you've
      got one, or get one from me, either at SNOB, SSG or on some other
      occasion.

      Unity Games Contact List:

      URL to print your own ID:
      http://www.boardgamestuff.com/cgi-bin/ugid.pl

      Additionally, if you are interested in them ordering any games, they
      will happily do it, and for single games, it's usually cheaper than
      the online options. They need the name of the game and the publisher.
      Feel free to email me and I will convey any order wishes to them.

      ...Matthew
    • Karl von Laudermann
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
        --- In Unity_Games@y..., Matthew Gray <matthew@g...> wrote:

        > Your Move Games also offers a 10% discount off of everything to
        Unity
        > Games members. If you want to use the Unity Games 10% discount at
        > Your Move Games you need to do two things:
        >
        > 1) You need to have your name on the Unity Games Contact List. I
        will
        > print this occasionally and give them a copy at the store.
        >
        > 2) You need an ID. You can print your own ID using the URL below.
        > Enter your name and print out the resulting page. Then, you
        need a
        > sleeve. You can either use your own magic card sleeve, if you've
        > got one, or get one from me, either at SNOB, SSG or on some other
        > occasion.

        I made my own ID card based on the design of the one that the
        provided URL generates. But I made it standard business card size,
        and I redid the text so that it is not blurry. I will gladly make up
        a similar ID card for anyone who wants one, for no charge, laminated
        even! Just email me prvately with your name as you want it to appear
        on the card.

        As for getting it to you, the only Unity event I attend regularly is
        SSG, though it would be no problem for me to drop in at SNOB for the
        purpose of dropping off an ID. For anyone who doesn't attend either
        of these, I'm sure I could pass it along via a third party who
        attends more events.

        - Karl