RE: [Unity_Games] Settler's Variant [was Danger Planet SR]

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2001
      Oddly enough, I agree with Dave on everything he said. I too own the 6
      player expansion but have not played it.

      The once-around variant appears to just make the game last longer but
      doesn't add anything to the satisfaction of playing it. Since Settlers
      relies so much on the role of the dice anyway, the shorter it is the better,
      for the unlucky.

      For another variant, lots of people play the Java version online with a "no
      trading" policy, which makes it interesting because you really have to
      spread yourself out and ports become a strategic focul point rather than an
      afterthought. And another variant is the "two trade" variant where the
      active player is allowed to make two trade offers only. Shortens the game
      considerably.