Adv Civ at B2O

  • Kelli Phillips
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2001
      I won't be able to make it down until 8:30 but I definately still
      want to play in the Adv Civ game. Any chance we can have a start
      time of maybe 9:00. Those that want to get in a few other games may
      be able to do so before then. If not, I'll have to sit this one
      out. :(

      Kelli
    • Campbell MacInnes
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
        Is there any opinion on this from anyone else? It means the game will
        be shorter (as it likely won't end-up starting until closer to 10pm).

        --Campbell

        --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Kelli Phillips" <jaelin@m...> wrote:
        > I won't be able to make it down until 8:30 but I definately still
        > want to play in the Adv Civ game. Any chance we can have a start
        > time of maybe 9:00. Those that want to get in a few other games
        may
        > be able to do so before then. If not, I'll have to sit this one
        > out. :(
        >
        > Kelli
      • Adam Smiles
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
          I don't think it will hold us up too much.
          We could have the board set up, the civilization's assigned and pretty much
          be ready to start as soon as Kelli walks in the door.

          We should start with something that we know would finish before 8:30 and
          then play something light (like ricochet robot or set) until Kelli arrives.

          Also, there are usually at least 4 or 5 cell phones at B2O. I don't know if
          Kelli has one or how close she lives, but if we're pressed for time, she
          could let us know exactly when she might be arriving.

          We could also play her first few turns for her. As most significant player
          interaction doesn't happen until turns 5 or 6.

          Ideally, we would start at 7, but I don't think its a huge deal. I also
          think the game loses depth as you remove players. So it may be worth an
          extra hours wait to play with 6 instead of 5, or whatever the final numbers
          turn out to be.

          I'll be there by 7 and if we start with civ or play another game first
          doesn't really matter to me.

          -Adam

          Is there any opinion on this from anyone else? It means the game will
          be shorter (as it likely won't end-up starting until closer to 10pm).

          --Campbell

          --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Kelli Phillips" <jaelin@m...> wrote:
          > I won't be able to make it down until 8:30 but I definately still
          > want to play in the Adv Civ game. Any chance we can have a start
          > time of maybe 9:00. Those that want to get in a few other games
          may
          > be able to do so before then. If not, I'll have to sit this one
          > out. :(
          >
          > Kelli

        • Campbell MacInnes
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
            Hokay, I guess this is the way we will do it then.

            I'm not going to be down there until sometime past sevenish then. I
            will definitely be there before 9.

            --Campbell

            http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp