SR: GSG 10/30

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
      Roll Call: Dan, Dave B, Ben, Rich, Dave C, Zack and Mark

      Short report, been very busy this week with life in general and I
      was pretty miserable with a cold during our session and the days
      afterward.

      Honey Bears: Dan, Dave B, Ben, Zack and Mark

      We started HB and played a couple of hands until Rich showed up. I
      was in the lead when we called it so I'll take the asterisk win because
      it's the closest I'd come to a real one during the night.

      Dvonn: Ben and Rich
      Dave B taught the game while we set up Traumfabrik in the other
      room. Both Ben and Rich seemed to enjoy the game and played it at least
      twice.

      Traumfabrik: Dan, Dave B, Zack and Mark
      Zack went and got it (I've gotta teach him some other games, namely
      Ra!) and so we set it up and off we went. Dave leapt out to an early
      lead, completing a fine green film during the first quarter which held
      up as best film for the first 2 quarters. Zack decided to make one
      whopper green film, capturing the best film award in the 3rd quarter,
      but he then basically went into Bob mode and refused to spend any
      further money. Dan never seemed to hit stride, while I felt pretty much
      the same way early on. But as the final quarter came to a close I knew
      I had a chance. The only thing standing in my way was grabbing best
      yellow film off of Dave. He had a 13+ yellow, and all I needed was a
      2-star camera to garner me a 14-point yellow. It came down to the last
      party, and I had first pick. And I got the 2-star camera! Wooohoo!
      Unfortunately for me I had neglected the fact that there were no
      14-point counters left, so my 14-point award winner became a 13-point
      also ran. Doh!!!
      Final Scores:
      Dave: 89 (Dave had 1 contract left)
      Mark: 78 (I had 2 contracts left)
      Zack: 60 (including 26 contracts)
      Dan: 59 (Dan had the rest)

      Auf Heller und Pfennig: Dan, Ben, Rich and Dave C
      Dave C arrived sometime during Traumfabrik and Dave B decided to
      call it an early night (you getting any sleep yet Dave?). I was doing
      child care and eating while this game took place. But I overheard
      plenty of screwage going on. Ben's rambling monologues about what he
      and other players should be doing, Dave C's bitching at Ben for the
      unwanted advice, Rich's patent "Doh! I've been hit!" whine and Dan,
      well he was actually pretty quiet. Worn down by allergies I suppose.
      I believe Dave C took the win despite his non-accoutant approach to
      the game. ;-)

      Medici: Dan, Ben, Rich, Dave C and Mark
      Not the best closer we could've chosen (by this time my brain felt
      like throbbing mud), but far be it for me to turn down a game of
      Medici. Ben launched out into an early lead and never looked back. He
      was well around the corner from the rest of us when the final scores
      were tallied. His cold calculations paying off. I came in a distant
      last, fully deserving of it I might add. Nonetheless it was enjoyable
      as always. I hadn't realized that it was Dan's first play of Medici.
      He enjoyed it, but astutely pointed out that it's not a good game to
      finish the evening off with.

      Mark

      If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass
      area, check out Unity Games!

      "Hey dad? ... wanna have a catch?"
    • david cousins
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
        What? you must have been ill! No mention at all about how much
        pre-halloween candy Rich, Dan and I ate! Nor anything about how Rich and
        I were so buzzed on sugar by the end of the night that neither of us
        could focus on medici! That was the real reason why Ben won, no
        competition (Rich and I buzzed out, Dan on his first game, and you --
        well you are just you).

        Dave
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2001
          I didn't want to mention the amount of gluttony that was displayed
          as this is a family list. It was a horrific though, that I can tell
          ya. The candy wrappers were piled high and the sugar induced highs were
          frightful to watch. ;-)

          --
          Mark Edwards
          dangermouse@...