Re: [Unity_Games] More UG3 Prize Donations - Danger Planet Games & Hobbies

  • Brian Lasiewski
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hi All,

      My name is Brian Lasiewski. For those that don't know me I'm one of the
      owners and current store manager at Danger Planet in Waltham, MA.

      Thanks Dave for your post ; )

      We do have a selection of German//Euro//Designer games at DP. We also have
      open game nights for them on Tuesdays and Thursdays usually starting around
      6:30 - 7:00. The guys who are playing now are really a great group and are
      always looking for new players to jump in. Please feel welcome to drop by
      and check out the scene if you're in town or just passing by.

      Nice to meet you all. Good luck with your upcoming event!

      Good gaming,

      >In addition to the fine prizes all the folks are donating (thanks!!) and the
      >help of UG friends Scholars and Boulder Games, we've just received word that
      >a third game store in the area will be providing some nice gift
      >certificates for the Unity Games III prize table. I figured the donation
      >was worth a mention here as I didn't know this store existed and maybe some
      >of you didn't either. Someone should really start a UG-friendly store list
      >database! Although the UG list is non commercial, I will take the time to
      >thank them for the donation and will give them a plug:
      >
      >Danger Planet Games & Hobbies
      >Waltham - 781-894-6792
      >
      >The apparently stock war games and minis, but my understanding is that they
      >have a fair number of the German//Euro/Designer games as well.
      >
      >Brian was the guy I talked with and was very receptive towards Unity Games
      >III and UG in general. I think they have game nights hosted during the week
      >but I'm not 100% sure.
      >
      >By the way - did anyone approach Your Move Games for donations to the UG3
      >prize table?
      >
      >--
      >Dave Bernazzani
      >dber@...
      >http://www.gis.net/~dber (South Shore Gamers)

    • Craig Massey
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
        --- Brian Lasiewski <blasiewski@...> wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > My name is Brian Lasiewski. For those that don't
        > know me I'm one of the
        > owners and current store manager at Danger Planet in
        > Waltham, MA.
        >
        > Thanks Dave for your post ; )
        >
        > We do have a selection of German//Euro//Designer
        > games at DP. We also have
        > open game nights for them on Tuesdays and Thursdays
        > usually starting around
        > 6:30 - 7:00. The guys who are playing now are
        > really a great group and are
        > always looking for new players to jump in. Please
        > feel welcome to drop by
        > and check out the scene if you're in town or just
        > passing by.

        Welcome aboard the UG list Brian. What kinds of stuff
        hit the game tables on Tuesdays and Thursdays

        > Nice to meet you all. Good luck with your upcoming
        > event!

        Thanks for your support of the event. Hope you get a
        chance to swing by the event for a game or two.

        Craig

        =====
        Craig W. Massey
        cwmassey@...

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com
      • Anthony Sciola
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
          >Danger Planet Games & Hobbies
          >Waltham - 781-894-6792

          I happened to be looking for a couple of games to take with
          me to Arizona (got back last night) and wandered past their store on
          the way back to my car. They had a pretty good selection even though
          they'd been open for a couple weeks and I bought a couple of Cheapass
          games as well as Hera & Zeus (oh, and finally learned a little about
          Warhammer 40,000). :)

          Anthony
          --
          The Creation of the Universe was made possible by a grant from Texas
          Instruments. -- PBS
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
            i went out to danger planet last sunday and was very impressed. very clean
            (sorry YMG, but it's a pit--and I like the store). friendly folks who are
            more than willing to chat. i'm hoping to get out there this thursday for
            the games.

            Constantine

            And then he turned and headed straight for home, but he took the long
            way--around the world.
            --Fritz Lieber