More UG3 Prize Donations - Danger Planet Games & Hobbies

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
      In addition to the fine prizes all the folks are donating (thanks!!) and the
      help of UG friends Scholars and Boulder Games, we've just received word that
      a third game store in the area will be providing some nice gift
      certificates for the Unity Games III prize table. I figured the donation
      was worth a mention here as I didn't know this store existed and maybe some
      of you didn't either. Someone should really start a UG-friendly store list
      database! Although the UG list is non commercial, I will take the time to
      thank them for the donation and will give them a plug:

      Danger Planet Games & Hobbies
      Waltham - 781-894-6792

      The apparently stock war games and minis, but my understanding is that they
      have a fair number of the German//Euro/Designer games as well.

      Brian was the guy I talked with and was very receptive towards Unity Games
      III and UG in general. I think they have game nights hosted during the week
      but I'm not 100% sure.

      By the way - did anyone approach Your Move Games for donations to the UG3
      prize table?

      dber@...
    • Brian Lasiewski
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
        Hi All,

        My name is Brian Lasiewski. For those that don't know me I'm one of the
        owners and current store manager at Danger Planet in Waltham, MA.

        Thanks Dave for your post ; )

        We do have a selection of German//Euro//Designer games at DP. We also have
        open game nights for them on Tuesdays and Thursdays usually starting around
        6:30 - 7:00. The guys who are playing now are really a great group and are
        always looking for new players to jump in. Please feel welcome to drop by
        and check out the scene if you're in town or just passing by.

        Nice to meet you all. Good luck with your upcoming event!

        Good gaming,

        >In addition to the fine prizes all the folks are donating (thanks!!) and the
        >help of UG friends Scholars and Boulder Games, we've just received word that
        >a third game store in the area will be providing some nice gift
        >certificates for the Unity Games III prize table. I figured the donation
        >was worth a mention here as I didn't know this store existed and maybe some
        >of you didn't either. Someone should really start a UG-friendly store list
        >database! Although the UG list is non commercial, I will take the time to
        >thank them for the donation and will give them a plug:
        >
        >Danger Planet Games & Hobbies
        >Waltham - 781-894-6792
        >
        >The apparently stock war games and minis, but my understanding is that they
        >have a fair number of the German//Euro/Designer games as well.
        >
        >Brian was the guy I talked with and was very receptive towards Unity Games
        >III and UG in general. I think they have game nights hosted during the week
        >but I'm not 100% sure.
        >
        >By the way - did anyone approach Your Move Games for donations to the UG3
        >prize table?
        >
        >--
        >Dave Bernazzani
        >dber@...
        >http://www.gis.net/~dber (South Shore Gamers)

      • Craig Massey
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
          --- Brian Lasiewski <blasiewski@...> wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > My name is Brian Lasiewski. For those that don't
          > know me I'm one of the
          > owners and current store manager at Danger Planet in
          > Waltham, MA.
          >
          > Thanks Dave for your post ; )
          >
          > We do have a selection of German//Euro//Designer
          > games at DP. We also have
          > open game nights for them on Tuesdays and Thursdays
          > usually starting around
          > 6:30 - 7:00. The guys who are playing now are
          > really a great group and are
          > always looking for new players to jump in. Please
          > feel welcome to drop by
          > and check out the scene if you're in town or just
          > passing by.

          Welcome aboard the UG list Brian. What kinds of stuff
          hit the game tables on Tuesdays and Thursdays

          > Nice to meet you all. Good luck with your upcoming
          > event!

          Thanks for your support of the event. Hope you get a
          chance to swing by the event for a game or two.

          Craig

          =====
          Craig W. Massey
          cwmassey@...

          Find a job, post your resume.
          http://careers.yahoo.com
        • Anthony Sciola
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
            >Danger Planet Games & Hobbies
            >Waltham - 781-894-6792

            I happened to be looking for a couple of games to take with
            me to Arizona (got back last night) and wandered past their store on
            the way back to my car. They had a pretty good selection even though
            they'd been open for a couple weeks and I bought a couple of Cheapass
            games as well as Hera & Zeus (oh, and finally learned a little about
            Warhammer 40,000). :)

            Anthony
            --
            The Creation of the Universe was made possible by a grant from Texas
            Instruments. -- PBS
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
              i went out to danger planet last sunday and was very impressed. very clean
              (sorry YMG, but it's a pit--and I like the store). friendly folks who are
              more than willing to chat. i'm hoping to get out there this thursday for
              the games.

              Constantine

              And then he turned and headed straight for home, but he took the long
              way--around the world.
              --Fritz Lieber