Re: [Unity_Games] Games 100 for 2002 Released

  • Walter H. Hunt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
      watchfulfog@... wrote:

      > I'm not sure how interested this group would be in this, but the
      > Games 100 is now out (I found it on the newsstand of the newsstand in
      > Harvard, the one next to the coop.)
      >
      > Evo is Game of the Year.

      Evo is really unimpressive, frankly. It's not Ursuppe, it's not Quirks. I've
      played it a few times and didn't buy it.

      > Java/Die Magier Von Pangaea (Advanced Strategy)

      I like Java, but not enough to give it an award. Same with Pangea - though
      it has a singular problem: better play it all with novices or all with
      veterans, because one play is enough to toast players who haven't seen it
      before. By the time you get the hang of it, you can't win.

      > Babel/Who Stole Ed's Pants? (Family Cards)

      Babel doesn't strike me as a family card game. Anything Andy Latto has a
      black belt at can't be a family game :-)

      > Lord of the Rings/San Marco (Family Strategy)

      Good choices. Though San Marco doesn't strike me as a family strategy game
      either.

      Walter.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
        Walter wrote:

        > Evo is really unimpressive, frankly. It's not Ursuppe,
        > it's not Quirks. I've played it a few times and didn't buy it.

        I'm on the other side of the fence with Evo - liking it so long as it is
        played with the one less gene rule (so it creates some bidding tension).
        But, admittedly, this one is not very popular these days and doesn't see
        much play-time.

        dber@...