RE: [Unity_Games] (mini)SR- B2O

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      La Citta
      Excellent game. We stumbled on the rules a bit early on, but once we got
      rollin', this game went pretty fast. Scott concentrated on a mega-city in
      the center while his mining city on the side went pretty much unmolested. I
      tried to build up both starting cities evenly... one was losing citizens to
      Scotty-town and the other was pulling them from Billville so my net gain in
      citizens for most of the game was near 0. Toward the end, we all got a
      little more agressive and made naked attempts to steal each other's people.

      It was very tight the whole game with Scott pulling out a well-deserved win.
      Had I been able to feed my populace, I would have won, but I made some
      last-minute calculations.
      Elapsed time: 120 minutes -- this reinforces the notion that the game takes
      about 1/2 hour per player.
      Scott: 32, Matt: 30, Brian:20, Bill: 23

      This game should come out more often. I think part of the reason it takes so
      long (and is therefor not requested much) is that the rules are a little
      complicated and so explanation eats into time. Experienced players should be
      able to finish a game at about 20 minutes/player.

      Ricochet Robot
      Scott ran away with this one. I think I was the only person with chips
      besides him at the end.

      Wyatt Earp
      Pretty close game. Most of us were in the low 20's going into the 4th round.
      This was the first game of WE that I've played that went that far. Scott
      took the win.

      Battle Line (x2)
      Brian and I sat down for some BL around 11:30pm. They were both close
      matches, with Brian reaching for that durned tactics deck a coupla times. I
      managed to sneak by with the wins (5-4, 5-3).

      The night ended earlier than usual for B20 -- around 12:30.