Re: [Unity_Games] UG Lowpoint

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
      "Craig Massey" <cwmassey@...> wrote:

      >Okay, Dave is back and hopefully has his
      >head out of wedding planning mode, UGIII is only a month away,
      >and Essen is in a few weeks. I hope this all points to
      >a month of more and better UG posts because September was pitiful.
      >The lowest post total ever!

      I was definitely not in UG mode most of September. And I think
      the Sep 11 events have all of the lists I belong to in a slump.
      But that's OK - October will hopefully bring some cheery news of
      new games at Essen and we might even get to play some of them at
      UG3!

      dber@...
    • Walter H. Hunt
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
        Craig Massey wrote:

        > Okay, Dave is back and hopefully has his head out of wedding planning
        > mode, UGIII is only a month away, and Essen is in a few weeks.

        I have to admit that I haven't been able to take the time, and haven't much
        been in the mood. On the other hand, Mark's been insulting other people
        instead :-) so that's a positive. I have posed a few questions and not
        really gotten answers, I've been to damn few gaming sessions, and Alan's
        insulted my book a few times with no real riposte from this end. OTOH, the
        cover art's been posted on both bn.com and amazon.com by now, and looks damn
        good.

        What was the question again?

        Welcome back Dave&Jenn and Andrew, congrats to Ben and LeJean, best to the
        Hansels and I hope someone's getting some sleep over there. Hope to see you
        all on Thursdays in Holliston or (when I can) Saturdays at SSG.

        Walter.
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
          "Walter H. Hunt" wrote:

          > I have to admit that I haven't been able to take the time, and haven't
          > much
          > been in the mood. On the other hand, Mark's been insulting other
          > people
          > instead :-) so that's a positive. I have posed a few questions and not
          >
          > really gotten answers, I've been to damn few gaming sessions, and
          > Alan's
          > insulted my book a few times with no real riposte from this end. OTOH,
          > the
          > cover art's been posted on both bn.com and amazon.com by now, and
          > looks damn
          > good.

          <snip>

          ...or loosely translated... "Please kick me."

          Mark

          P.S. There, now is everybody happy? ;-)

        • AlanRMoon@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
            In a message dated 10/1/01 4:34:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            hotc@... writes:

            << and Alan's
            insulted my book a few times with no real riposte from this end.

            mean the crack about your book being DARK WING DUCKIE? Hey, I wish one of my
            games had a cute nickname like this. Maybe CAPITOL IDEA WATSON?

            OTOH, the
            cover art's been posted on both bn.com and amazon.com by now, and looks damn
            good.

            looking forward to reading it.
          • Pitt Crandlemire
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
              At 06:13 PM 10/1/01 EDT, AlanRMoon@... wrote:

              >looking forward to reading it.

              Translation: "I'm sincerely looking forward to seeing the pretty pictures
              and having someone read it to me."
            • ScottH.
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
                --- In Unity_Games@y..., AlanRMoon@a... wrote:
                - snip-
                > OTOH, the
                > cover art's been posted on both bn.com and amazon.com by now, and
                looks damn
                > good.

                > looking forward to reading it.
                Alan sucking up to Walter!!! Who would have thunk it possible?
                Ewwwww!! ;-)

                ScottH.
              • AlanRMoon@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
                  In a message dated 10/1/01 6:48:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  sahenshaw@... writes:

                  <<
                  Alan sucking up to Walter!!! Who would have thunk it possible?
                  Ewwwww!! ;-)

                  >>I love to read and I don't think I've ever read a book by a friend before.
                  Other than some textbooks by professor friends. So I REALLY am looking
                  forward to reading Walter.
                • Walter H. Hunt
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
                    AlanRMoon@... wrote:

                    > In a message dated 10/1/01 6:48:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    > sahenshaw@... writes:
                    >
                    > <<
                    > Alan sucking up to Walter!!! Who would have thunk it possible?
                    > Ewwwww!! ;-)
                    >
                    > >>I love to read and I don't think I've ever read a book by a friend before.
                    > Other than some textbooks by professor friends. So I REALLY am looking
                    > forward to reading Walter.

                    Go Alan Go! I realize I placed my posterior where Mark could kick it, but that
                    was intentional anyway :-)

                    I'm not sure it'll actually be available Nov 7, but I do plan to have a book
                    signing on December 8 at the Bellingham Barnes & Noble. I realize that's the
                    ass end of nowhere, but if you would like to come that evening (it's a
                    Saturday, sorry Dave but that's what B&N has available) please contact me by
                    ***private e-mail*** to let me know.

                    Walter.