UG Lowpoint

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1 6:15 AM
      Okay, Dave is back and hopefully has his head out of wedding planning
      mode, UGIII is only a month away, and Essen is in a few weeks. I hope
      this all points to a month of more and better UG posts because
      September was pitiful. The lowest post total ever! It wouldn't even
      surprise me if the autoposter was the top dog for the month (I'm sure
      Matthew will let us know).
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1 6:24 AM
        "Craig Massey" <cwmassey@...> wrote:

        >Okay, Dave is back and hopefully has his
        >head out of wedding planning mode, UGIII is only a month away,
        >and Essen is in a few weeks. I hope this all points to
        >a month of more and better UG posts because September was pitiful.
        >The lowest post total ever!

        I was definitely not in UG mode most of September. And I think
        the Sep 11 events have all of the lists I belong to in a slump.
        But that's OK - October will hopefully bring some cheery news of
        new games at Essen and we might even get to play some of them at
        UG3!

        dber@...
      • Walter H. Hunt
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1 1:31 PM
          Craig Massey wrote:

          > Okay, Dave is back and hopefully has his head out of wedding planning
          > mode, UGIII is only a month away, and Essen is in a few weeks.

          I have to admit that I haven't been able to take the time, and haven't much
          been in the mood. On the other hand, Mark's been insulting other people
          instead :-) so that's a positive. I have posed a few questions and not
          really gotten answers, I've been to damn few gaming sessions, and Alan's
          insulted my book a few times with no real riposte from this end. OTOH, the
          cover art's been posted on both bn.com and amazon.com by now, and looks damn
          good.

          What was the question again?

          Welcome back Dave&Jenn and Andrew, congrats to Ben and LeJean, best to the
          Hansels and I hope someone's getting some sleep over there. Hope to see you
          all on Thursdays in Holliston or (when I can) Saturdays at SSG.

          Walter.
        • Mark Edwards
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1 2:29 PM
            "Walter H. Hunt" wrote:

            > I have to admit that I haven't been able to take the time, and haven't
            > much
            > been in the mood. On the other hand, Mark's been insulting other
            > people
            > instead :-) so that's a positive. I have posed a few questions and not
            >
            > really gotten answers, I've been to damn few gaming sessions, and
            > Alan's
            > insulted my book a few times with no real riposte from this end. OTOH,
            > the
            > cover art's been posted on both bn.com and amazon.com by now, and
            > looks damn
            > good.

            <snip>

            ...or loosely translated... "Please kick me."

            Mark

            P.S. There, now is everybody happy? ;-)

          • AlanRMoon@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1 3:13 PM
              In a message dated 10/1/01 4:34:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              hotc@... writes:

              << and Alan's
              insulted my book a few times with no real riposte from this end.

              mean the crack about your book being DARK WING DUCKIE? Hey, I wish one of my
              games had a cute nickname like this. Maybe CAPITOL IDEA WATSON?

              OTOH, the
              cover art's been posted on both bn.com and amazon.com by now, and looks damn
              good.

              looking forward to reading it.
            • Pitt Crandlemire
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1 3:16 PM
                At 06:13 PM 10/1/01 EDT, AlanRMoon@... wrote:

                >looking forward to reading it.

                Translation: "I'm sincerely looking forward to seeing the pretty pictures
                and having someone read it to me."
              • ScottH.
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 1 3:47 PM
                  --- In Unity_Games@y..., AlanRMoon@a... wrote:
                  - snip-
                  > OTOH, the
                  > cover art's been posted on both bn.com and amazon.com by now, and
                  looks damn
                  > good.

                  > looking forward to reading it.
                  Alan sucking up to Walter!!! Who would have thunk it possible?
                  Ewwwww!! ;-)

                  ScottH.
                • AlanRMoon@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 1 3:58 PM
                    In a message dated 10/1/01 6:48:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    sahenshaw@... writes:

                    <<
                    Alan sucking up to Walter!!! Who would have thunk it possible?
                    Ewwwww!! ;-)

                    >>I love to read and I don't think I've ever read a book by a friend before.
                    Other than some textbooks by professor friends. So I REALLY am looking
                    forward to reading Walter.
                  • Walter H. Hunt
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 1 8:07 PM
                      AlanRMoon@... wrote:

                      > In a message dated 10/1/01 6:48:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      > sahenshaw@... writes:
                      >
                      > <<
                      > Alan sucking up to Walter!!! Who would have thunk it possible?
                      > Ewwwww!! ;-)
                      >
                      > >>I love to read and I don't think I've ever read a book by a friend before.
                      > Other than some textbooks by professor friends. So I REALLY am looking
                      > forward to reading Walter.

                      Go Alan Go! I realize I placed my posterior where Mark could kick it, but that
                      was intentional anyway :-)

                      I'm not sure it'll actually be available Nov 7, but I do plan to have a book
                      signing on December 8 at the Bellingham Barnes & Noble. I realize that's the
                      ass end of nowhere, but if you would like to come that evening (it's a
                      Saturday, sorry Dave but that's what B&N has available) please contact me by
                      ***private e-mail*** to let me know.

                      Walter.