(mini)SR- B2O

  • ScottH.
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2001
      B2O Sept. 28, 2001 - Cole Hall, Bridgewater, Ma.

      Attendance- ScottH., Bill, Matt, Brian, Craig, Max and guest star
      Scott A.

      Games Played- La Citta, Ricochet Robot, Lord of the Rings: The
      Search, Wyatt Earp and Battle Line

      When Bill and I left at midnight, Brian and Matt were starting a
      Battle Line game. They may have continued late into the night.

      ScottH.
    • Matthew Horn
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        La Citta
        Excellent game. We stumbled on the rules a bit early on, but once we got
        rollin', this game went pretty fast. Scott concentrated on a mega-city in
        the center while his mining city on the side went pretty much unmolested. I
        tried to build up both starting cities evenly... one was losing citizens to
        Scotty-town and the other was pulling them from Billville so my net gain in
        citizens for most of the game was near 0. Toward the end, we all got a
        little more agressive and made naked attempts to steal each other's people.

        It was very tight the whole game with Scott pulling out a well-deserved win.
        Had I been able to feed my populace, I would have won, but I made some
        last-minute calculations.
        Elapsed time: 120 minutes -- this reinforces the notion that the game takes
        about 1/2 hour per player.
        Scott: 32, Matt: 30, Brian:20, Bill: 23

        This game should come out more often. I think part of the reason it takes so
        long (and is therefor not requested much) is that the rules are a little
        complicated and so explanation eats into time. Experienced players should be
        able to finish a game at about 20 minutes/player.

        Ricochet Robot
        Scott ran away with this one. I think I was the only person with chips
        besides him at the end.

        Wyatt Earp
        Pretty close game. Most of us were in the low 20's going into the 4th round.
        This was the first game of WE that I've played that went that far. Scott
        took the win.

        Battle Line (x2)
        Brian and I sat down for some BL around 11:30pm. They were both close
        matches, with Brian reaching for that durned tactics deck a coupla times. I
        managed to sneak by with the wins (5-4, 5-3).

        The night ended earlier than usual for B20 -- around 12:30.

        B2O Sept. 28, 2001 - Cole Hall, Bridgewater, Ma.

        Attendance- ScottH., Bill, Matt, Brian, Craig, Max and guest star
        Scott A.

        Games Played- La Citta, Ricochet Robot, Lord of the Rings: The
        Search, Wyatt Earp and Battle Line

        When Bill and I left at midnight, Brian and Matt were starting a
        Battle Line game. They may have continued late into the night.

        ScottH.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=168643.1620686.3168692.1261774/D=egroupmai
        l/S=1705052896:HM/A=799560/rand=280914936>

        UNITY GAMES III is Nov 10, 2001! http://www.gis.net/~dber/ug3/ug3.htm
        <http://www.gis.net/~dber/ug3/ug3.htm>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .