Re: En Garde

  • jsyedidia@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2001
      --- In Unity_Games@y..., Mark Edwards <dangermouse@m...> wrote:

      > En Garde: Ben and Mark
      > With time for filler we launched into another, but much lighter,
      Knizia
      > game. Ben scored the first point when he forced me into my end of
      the
      > board as the round ended. I then reeled off 4 points in a row via
      some
      > well-laid traps in blind shithouse luck. Ben was able to salvage
      some
      > pride by taking the next round, but then I finished him off.
      >
      > Nothing too deep here, but it actually seems to fit the theme fairly
      > well. I should've grabbed my pewter Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul
      > though. Those little cubes bite, as does that board made of cards.
      How
      > much is that first edition with the roll out mat going for these
      days?

      En Garde is one of my favorite games, but I always insist on playing
      with the discards open. Otherwise, one simply must count the cards if
      one wants to play well. It's not too hard, as one just needs to track
      5 numbers, but I hate counting cards.

      I much prefer the first edition to the second edition. I bought a
      first edition copy for $40, which isn't cheap. But you should just
      wait a little while--I remember seeing that Rio Grande was going to
      publish an edition with a roll out mat soon.

      Jonathan