Gaming@my house on Sat 9/29!

  • Constantine von Hoffman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2001
      Due to Dave's foolish idea to actually have a non-gaming life there is no
      SSG this week, so I thought I'd throw open the doors to Casa de La Maison
      von Hoffman House for gaming tomorrow night. It will start at 6 and i have
      table space for about 10 and many more chairs than that, if anyone would
      like to bring a card table, that would be appreciated. Also folks may want
      to brings snacks and beverages. If you know ahead of time, please drop me a
      line if you're coming so i know how many people to expect, on the other
      hand if Saturday night rolls around and you just feel like coming by anyway
      please do.

      Directions (amended since campbell and Matt told me what was wrong with the
      last batch:

      I live at 50 Dighton St. in Brighton Center.

      By Mass transit:

      By Bus: Take the 86 bus from Harvard Square or the 56 bus from Kenmore
      Square to Market Street/Chestnut Hill Ave in Brighton Center. Walk up the
      hill on Chestnut Hill Ave. Dighton Street is first street on your right,
      we're the first driveway on the left. It's a white house and is all the way
      in back.

      By T: Take the Boston College edition of the Green Line to Chestnut Hill
      Ave. Walk up over the hill about 1/2 mile, past a fire station on your
      right and a court house. Dighton Street is diagonally across the street
      from the court house. We're the first driveway on the left. House is all
      the way in back.

      By Car:

      From Cambridge and Somerville: Take Mem Drive to Soldiers Field Road, get
      off at Brighton exit. Go straight-ish off the ramp up a hill and over a
      bridge and up another long hill. You are now on Market Street. Stay
      onMarket Street until it crosses Washington St and becomes Chestnut Hill
      Ave. (There's a Kablooms flower shop on the left hand corner and Mirror
      Cafe on the right hand corner). Dighton Street is first street on your
      right, we're the first driveway on the left. It's a white house is all the
      way in back. Lots of parking on the street.

      From out of town:
      Coming from the West:
      Rt 128 to the Pike. Get off at exit 17 and follow signs to Brighton. This
      will put you on Washington Street. Follow Washington for about a mile to a
      mile and a half, through Oak Square and up a small hill, past a CVS on your
      left. The next set of lights after the CVS is Chestnut Hill Ave. Take a
      right there. Dighton Street is first street on your right, we're the first
      driveway on the left. It's a white house and is all the way in back. Lots
      of parking on the street.

      Coming from The East:
      93 to the Pike, get off at exit marked "allston/Brighton." Go right off
      exit and stay on that road over a small bridge, past the allston sports
      depot on your right and then, about a half mile later, there will be a
      firehouse on your left. This will put you at an absolute quagmire of an
      intersection--proceed straight through onto washington street. Follow
      Washington Street about 3/4 to 1 mile past St. Elizabeth's Hospital on your
      left, until it intersects with Chestnut Hill Ave. Go Left on Chestnut Hill
      Ave., Dighton Street is first street on your right, we're the first
      driveway on the left. It's a white house is all the way in back. Lots of
      parking on the street.

      If you're coming from somewhere else or if these directions make no sense,
      drop me a line or call at 617-562-8642.

      Constantine

      "Bluto's right, psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these
      bastards. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons, but that could
      take years, and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have
      to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really
      futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."