New Member

  • Brume, Gregory
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 12, 2001
      I joined the Unity Games mailing list a few days ago, and was going to send
      a new member introduction yesterday, but it didn't seem appropriate after
      the disaster in NYC.

      However, following Matt Horn's advice that we should try to maintain our
      normal lifestyles, I guess perhaps I should say howdy.

      My name is Greg "Foggy" Brume. I enjoy mostly board games and card games,
      and have a pretty sizeable collection at home. I hold a gaming session about
      once a month, and am looking to join other gaming sessions. I live in
      Somerville, between Porter and Davis.

      I prefer strategy games with some element of luck, as well as card games. I
      greatly enjoy Flux, Guillotine (with one other person), Chez Geek, Deadwood,
      Girl Genius: The Works (although with a house variant). I'm itching to try
      out Chez Dork.

      I'm 31 years old, work for Liberty Mutual, and perform a variety of
      computer-related functions for my department (from tech writing and
      debugging to programming and design). I enjoy Buffy, MST3K, and sad to say,
      Reality TV Shows like Murder in Small Town X. I read Atlantic, Harpers, Dr.
      Dobbs, Brill's Content, and numerous games magazines. I'm working on a
      long-term project to teach myself Java by creating a modular on-line,
      off-line gaming programming based on esoteric games, including Cheapass
      Games and SJGames.
    • AlanRMoon@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 12, 2001
        In a message dated 9/12/01 10:14:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        gregory.brume@... writes:

        <<
        However, following Matt Horn's advice that we should try to maintain our
        normal lifestyles, I guess perhaps I should say howdy.

        My name is Greg "Foggy" Brume.

        >>Now we have two Foggies. Foggy Brume and Foggy Horn. Welcome Greg.
      • slashonline0
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 17, 2007
          Hey all,

          My name is Slash and I've just joined this list and wanted to
          introduce myself. I live in western Mass (Northampton) and have been an
          avid player of board games, card games, video games, RPGs, and every
          other kind of game I can think of for as long as I can remember. I've
          been working on my own board game recently and currently have it in the
          later stages of playtesting. The game is called Salah Ad-Din and has
          players take the role of princes of middle eastern cities fighting off
          the crusaders. I've playtested it with several groups of varying sizes
          and with both casual and hardcore gamers and have generally received
          very positive feedback. I would very much like to bring it to UNITY
          GAMES XIV and have people give me some more feedback. I think by that
          stage I will be more in a Demo mode than a playtest mode. Is there a
          specific procedure I need to follow to put it on the schedule? Is there
          someone specific I can contact to see if that would be possible?

          Thank you,
          Slash
        • W. Eric Martin
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 17, 2007
            slashonline0 wrote:

            > I've been working on my own board game recently and currently have it
            > in the later stages of playtesting. The game is called Salah Ad-Din
            > and <snip> I would very much like to bring it to UNITY GAMES XIV and
            > have people give me some more feedback. I think by that stage I will
            > be more in a Demo mode than a playtest mode. Is there a specific
            > procedure I need to follow to put it on the schedule? Is there
            > someone specific I can contact to see if that would be possible?

            There's no schedule for UG XIV, other than the teaching schedule that
            Phil Alberg will announce at some point before the event. (Advanced
            peek: I'm teaching Agricola at 10am for those who want to learn this
            awesome game.)

            Other than the teaching schedule, it's open gaming and everyone fends
            for themselves. You can announce that you're going to be at UG XIV from
            hour X to hour Y, or that you plan to start a demo game at hour Z, or
            that interested parties should contact you to arrange a playing time.
            You could also just grab a table, set up your game, and try to rope
            people into playing. Other publishers have done that in the past, and
            they usually find interested parties.

            I'd be interested in learning more, so I hope to meet you there!

            Eric

            --
            W. Eric Martin
            Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 17, 2007
              Welcome to Unity Games, Slash!

              The all-day Unity Games event is primarily open gaming, so demoing
              your own game is allowed (and encouraged). But, as with all open
              gaming, this would have to be accomplished through spur-of-the-moment
              arrangements or by arranging beforehand with interested gamers, as is
              being done with Dune and Adv.Civ. The only official scheduled games
              are those being taught in the Teaching Area, which is restricted to
              games that have already been released.

              Good luck with your design, and I look forward to meeting you at UG XIV.

              - Phil

              --
              Eastern MA Gaming
              http://www.unitygames.org/

              "But how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?"

              important, not the winning."
              - Reiner Knizia
            • zergling110187
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 11, 2012
                Hey all of you unity gamers, my name is Mack and I just joined.

                I primarily joined because as of late I have found myself disillusioned with other forms of entertainment and have picked up board games and card games.

                I own Twilight Imperium, Small World, Axis and Allies, and my old ratty copy of Monopoly. I also have Cthulhu Munchkin. I plan to expand these over the comings weeks and months with board games. I also play Magic: the Gathering.

                Are there any gamers in the Northern RI area? I am in Woonsocket.
              • Phil Alberg
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 13, 2012
                  Welcome to Unity Games, Mack!

                  Yep, there be gamers in Northern RI. Most seem to be members of private
                  groups, though, so I'll let them chime in if they want to say more.

                  I live in Cumberland, and play regularly with the Guy Stuff Gamers (GSG).
                  You can find us at Battleground Hobbies in Plainville, MA, on the first
                  Tuesday of every month. The next session will be 7-August, starting at
                  6:30pm. I hope to see you there!

                  - Phil

                  On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM, zergling110187 <zergling110187@...>wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Hey all of you unity gamers, my name is Mack and I just joined.
                  >
                  > I primarily joined because as of late I have found myself disillusioned
                  > with other forms of entertainment and have picked up board games and card
                  > games.
                  >
                  > I own Twilight Imperium, Small World, Axis and Allies, and my old ratty
                  > copy of Monopoly. I also have Cthulhu Munchkin. I plan to expand these over
                  > the comings weeks and months with board games. I also play Magic: the
                  > Gathering.
                  >
                  > Are there any gamers in the Northern RI area? I am in Woonsocket.

                  --
                  Eastern MA Gaming
                  http://www.unitygames.org/

                  important, not the winning."
                  - Reiner Knizia

                • pldr
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 13, 2012
                    Battleground Games in Plainville has game days on the 1st Tuesday and
                    the 2nd Wednesday each month. Also, there is a smaller version of
                    Totalcon in Mansfield on the 22nd. Watch the Unity Game list for
                    details on there.

                    Pete de Rosa

                    ----------

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 22, 2012
                      Hiya Mack!

                      I just joined myself and wanted to extend an invitation to you. At 5-Wits in Foxboro (just over the MA line, but I know we have employees that come from Woonsocket) we host a bi-weekly game night every second and 4th Thursday of the month to let people try out the various games we sell in the gift shop. The next one is coming up on 7/26 if you've got some free time!

                      ~megan

                      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "zergling110187" <zergling110187@...> wrote:

                      > Hey all of you unity gamers, my name is Mack and I just joined.
                      >
                      > I primarily joined because as of late I have found myself disillusioned with other forms of entertainment and have picked up board games and card games.
                      >
                      > I own Twilight Imperium, Small World, Axis and Allies, and my old ratty copy of Monopoly. I also have Cthulhu Munchkin. I plan to expand these over the comings weeks and months with board games. I also play Magic: the Gathering.
                      >
                      > Are there any gamers in the Northern RI area? I am in Woonsocket.

                    • patrick_twitchell
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 1 9:46 AM
                        Hi, wow! Welcome to Unity Games, Slash!
                        I'm a huge fan, and it's always great to find out when your favorite celebrity is also a geek too!
                        What do you do with your snake while you are playing boardgames?
                        Please tell Axel and the boys I said hello.
                        Cheers!

                        (Sorry, I couldn't resist) :)

                        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "slashonline0" <ihakki@...> wrote:

                        > Hey all,
                        >
                        > My name is Slash and I've just joined this list and wanted to
                        > introduce myself. I live in western Mass (Northampton) and have been an
                        > avid player of board games, card games, video games, RPGs, and every
                        > other kind of game I can think of for as long as I can remember. I've
                        > been working on my own board game recently and currently have it in the
                        > later stages of playtesting. The game is called Salah Ad-Din and has
                        > players take the role of princes of middle eastern cities fighting off
                        > the crusaders. I've playtested it with several groups of varying sizes
                        > and with both casual and hardcore gamers and have generally received
                        > very positive feedback. I would very much like to bring it to UNITY
                        > GAMES XIV and have people give me some more feedback. I think by that
                        > stage I will be more in a Demo mode than a playtest mode. Is there a
                        > specific procedure I need to follow to put it on the schedule? Is there
                        > someone specific I can contact to see if that would be possible?
                        >
                        > Thank you,
                        > Slash

                      • Jesse
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
                          Hey everyone! My name is Jesse Stern. I am a game designer currently doing an internship at Arcane Wonders and attending The University of Rochester. I haven't been part of a Yahoo group before so I am not entirely sure how this works, but hopefully I will figure it out and we can all have a great time discussing games =D.

                          Best,
                          Jesse