(Very OT) This woke me up at 4am, since the bank is at the bottom of my street.

  • AlanRMoon@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
      Another brilliant criminal!

      Salem woman faces burglary
      charges after Beverly bank
      break

      By JILL HARMACINSKI

      News staff

      BEVERLY -- A Salem woman was high on
      cocaine and looking for cash when she allegedly
      smashed in a glass door at Fleet Bank's Cabot
      Street branch this weekend, police said.

      Moments later, as alarms tripped throughout the
      bank, the woman was confronted by numerous
      patrolmen.

      "I'm the one you're looking for. ... I'm strung out
      on coke," Deborah Knorr, 37, told officers,
      according to a police report.

      Knorr would later tell detectives she tried to
      make false deposits into Fleet's ATM. When the
      automated teller ate her card, Knorr got the tire
      jack out of her car and smashed the glass at the
      bank, police said.

      Knorr, of 14 Essex St., was to be arraigned in
      Salem District Court today on several charges,
      including breaking and entering in the nighttime to
      commit a felony, possession of burglarious tools
      and malicious destruction of property.

      Knorr was held over the weekend at the Beverly
      police station on $500 bail.

      At 4 a.m. Sunday, police were sent to the Fleet
      branch at 165 Cabot St. when the bank's
      entrance alarms sounded. Patrolmen who arrived
      found Knorr's red car left in a "no parking zone"
      in the front of the bank, according to a report
      filed by Patrolman Mark Panjiwani.

      As they investigated, they found a glass door in
      the bank's ATM area broken. Knorr's black
      purse was also left on the counter next to the
      cash machine, police said.

      Inside the bank, police found a 2-foot-long steel
      tire jack left on the floor. In the basement, they
      found the tearful Knorr.

      "Her hands were noted to have small cuts on
      them as if they were cut on glass," Panjiwani
      wrote. Despite the minor cuts, Knorr did not
      suffer any serious injury in the break, police said.

      Knorr later told detectives she was high on
      cocaine and under the influence of alcohol when
      she committed the burglary, according to police.
      She was trying to get into the bank to get cash so
      she could buy more cocaine, police said.
      Although she broke into the bank, Knorr told
      detectives she didn't steal anything.

      After Knorr was taken into custody, police
      conducted a thorough search of the bank. Two
      canine officers, Sgt. Gary Mastrangelo and
      Officer George Gikas, from the Essex County
      Sheriff's Department, were called in to search the
      bank.

      Fleet Vice President Bradford Gaige was also
      called to the bank Sunday morning to check the
      damage and see if anything was missing. Several
      file cabinets and drawers were left open, but
      nothing was taken from the bank, Panjiwani
      wrote.

      Police also recovered a bank surveillance video.
      The tape allegedly revealed Knorr committing
      the burglary.
    • David Rapp
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
        > Police also recovered a bank surveillance video.
        > The tape allegedly revealed Knorr committing
        > the burglary.

        Alan, please don't use this newsgroup to advertise your current membership
        in a video dating service.

      • david cousins
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2001
          Sounds like a great idea for a game:

          Don't wake Alan!

          (Hmm. on second thought maybe it has been done already....)
          Dave