Maulers Maul Noseguards!!!!!

  • Joseph McSweeney
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      MAULER'S MAUL NOSEGUARD'S 59 - 38 IN OPENER FOR BOTH TEAMS!!!!!

      North Berwick, Maine : In their first game under coach Joe McSweeney the expansion Maine Mauler's opened their season with a resounding win over the Noseguard's at Lobster Stadium. Coach McSweeney unveiled the feared "Down East Offense" in it's full fury. Early in the game both teams seemed to have an easy time scoring as shown by the 17 -17 score at halftime, however it was a different story in the second half. The Maulers scored 42 points in the second half and had most of their fourth stringers in the game by the fourth quarter.

      "Once we lulled the Noseguards into a false sense of security we unleashed the "Down East Offense" and it was all over but the shouting" said coach McSweeney. "This was a crucial inter-divisional game that shows we not only belong in this league but are clearly one of the favorites to play in the MassClass Bowl. We are not going to let those city slickers push us around!!!" The 100,000 plus fans that were at the brand new Lobster Stadium were treated to a great show of offensive firepower. Each fan was given a free foam lobster claw and waved them continuously throughout the game. Each time the Mauler's scored a touchdown the PA system played Rock Lobster as well.

      The Mauler's next game will be against the undefeated Southampton Saints led by Coach Alan Moon. As the game neared the end the fans could be heard screaming bring on the Saints!!!