SA: South Shore Gamers - September 1, 2001 (Kid's Night)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2001
      After a week off, The South Shore Gamers (SSG) is on again for this
      Saturday, September 1st starting at 6PM. This will feature another kids
      night.

      A word about "kids night" - the SSG has been running for 2 years and the
      concept for the group has always been for adults to play board and card
      games with other adults. It's the atmosphere I most like to play in and
      felt it was best for the group overall. This is why we have a general
      "no-kids" policy for most SSG sessions. The games and atmosphere are geared
      for adults - and many of the participants enjoy this format. There are also
      those with kids that enjoy the "night off"!

      However, kids of reasonable age (10 or so) that enjoy boardgames should be
      encouraged. And I do want to accommodate those with kids that do enjoy
      gaming. Starting this year I started a "kids night" where interested adults
      can bring interested kids who are old enough to sit and play (at least some
      of) the games we enjoy. I try to run a kids night every 5 or 6 weeks and I
      will always announce it so that those who don't want to attend a kids
      welcome session can do so discretely. We don't usually get very many kids
      (often just a couple).

      NOTES ON FUTURE SSGs:

      The SSG in September will be very spotty... After this week's SSG, there
      will definitely be a September 8th SSG which will celebrate the 2nd
      anniversary of the South Shore Gamers (actually it will be a couple weeks
      early but with the wedding I want to do it a little early). I expect
      EVERYONE to try and make the SSG on the 8th!! More to come in the next
      email...

      The SSG meets at St. John's Church is off Exit 17 (Route 128/95)
      in the Dedham/Needham area. The church hall is just a few hundred
      yards off the highway and so is fairly easy to get to. The cost
      is $4 per person. Email me and I'll send out the detailed
      directions if you need it. If you're a new gamer, the SSG at the
      open venue is a nice place to game and meet much of the crew.

      Hope to see many of you at the SSG this week! PLEASE EMAIL ME if you think
      you might be going this week...

      dber@...