Re: [Unity_Games] stats, Iron Dragon, etc

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2001
      Matthew Horn wrote:

      > IRON DRAGON---------------
      > Mark E, I played Iron Dragon last nite. My sister and her fiance were
      > kind
      > enough to teach me and then whupp my ever-lovin ass at it. I liked it
      > but it
      > lacks player interaction which is why I really play games. I'd be
      > willing to
      > play with you sometime. With rules ex, the game lasted about 3 hours
      > with
      > three of us.

      Sounds good to me Matt. I've yet to play one of these train games
      so I'm still curious.

      --
      Mark Edwards
      dangermouse@...

      If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass
      area, check out Unity Games!

    • Campbell MacInnes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2001
        --- In Unity_Games@y..., Matthew Horn <mhorn@m...> wrote:

        > B20---------------
        > So, is anyone else planning on going this Friday? I have "maybes"
        from my
        > sister and her fiance. They are mostly train game fans, but have
        started
        > playing Settlers, Carcassonne, and Battle Line. I can take credit
        for the
        > latter two. I think they would really like Union Pacific, so I'm
        hoping I
        > can pick on up from Alan on the cheap to give as a gift. They live
        in Oregon
        > so this would be a nice way to show 'em what east coast gaming is
        all about.

        Unfortunately, as I was fairly confident that interest would be low
        this week, I picked up the late shift for friday. So even if I did
        go, I could not be there before 10:45pm or so. And likely I'd be so
        tired from the extra-long workday (and the fact that I am inherently
        lazy), that I wouldn't go at all.

        Definitely regretting the shift though, as I managed not to touch a
        single game since the Monster Day and am starting to suffer
        withdrawal pangs. Hurry-up and get here SSG!

        --Campbell, not a hamster by most modern standards.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2001
          Campbell wrote:

          >Definitely regretting the shift though, as I managed
          >not to touch a single game since the Monster Day and
          >am starting to suffer withdrawal pangs.
          >Hurry-up and get here SSG!

          Does this mean you're going to SSG? I hadn't heard the standard
          "I'm XX% sure I'll be there" from you yet!! heh!

          Looks like Alison and David are going to give it a try this week.
          Alison is off bed-rest at least temporarily and may be able to
          make a short visit on Saturday!! Got quite a few people going -
          if anyone else potentially interested in making the SSG this
          week, let me know!

          I'm hoping to make B20 next Friday (July 13th) but won't know for
          sure until mid next week!

          dber@...
        • Campbell MacInnes
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2001
            --- In Unity_Games@y..., Dave Bernazzani <dber@g...> wrote:

            > Does this mean you're going to SSG? I hadn't heard the standard
            > "I'm XX% sure I'll be there" from you yet!! heh!

            85% siryessir!! And sans pager (well, one that I HAVE to respond to,
            anyone) too! Yay!

            Here's hoping Pitt makes an appearance, so I can kick his butt in
            Football again (or did he run away and hide at that "Origins" thing?)

            See ya there.

            --Campbell

            I'm tempted to put a "@" before every other word I write, so Yahoo
            Groups can strip away everything but the first letter of each word
            <mutter>

            --@Campbell
          • Brian
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6, 2001
              Unfortunately, I too will be unable to make today.

              Brian

              http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/