I'm back and this is not a "Gutter" Post

  • AlanRMoon@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
      Howdy all,

      I've been away for a few weeks. Been trying to catch up on Unity. Seems like
      nothing much has changed though. The Three Musketeers (or is that The Three
      Stooges?) Mark, Craig, and Walter continue to amuse. Richard and Andrew
      continue to be, well...., Richard and Andrew. Matt continues to be Mr.
      Statistic. And David Bernazzani, despite being less than 90 days from
      becoming Mr. Maini, continues to reign above it all. Missed you guys. In case
      anyone is wondering, I'm still not having a baby.

      I'll be writing up a report on the SdJ Award Dinner which I'll post in the
      next few days. Andrew, stop that fake yawning.

      For now, I just wanted to let everyone know that Carol Monica from the Games
      People Play in Cambridge just called me and said she is having a Francis
      Tresham Party on July 11th from 6-9pm at her store. You are all invited.
      Francis is, of course, the designer of CIVILIZATION and the 18XX Series among
      other things. I consider him to be one of the best designers ever! Hope to
      see some of you there.

      I meant to post this morning and let you know that Aaron and I were going to
      appear on WBOQ live with Dana Hersey. But I forgot and I guess it's too late
      now. What you missed was Dana, Aaron, me, and another DJ playing a little bit
      of SAN MARCO on the radio. I spent most of the time laughing of course.

      Finally, let me say that I need a SPADES fix bad.

      Alan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
        Alan wrote:

        > Howdy all,

        Welcome back Alan!

        > I'll be writing up a report on the SdJ Award Dinner which I'll post in the
        > next few days.

        Looking forward to it.

        > For now, I just wanted to let everyone know that
        > Carol Monica from the Games People Play in
        > Cambridge just called me and said she is having
        > a Francis Tresham Party on July 11th from 6-9pm
        >at her store. You are all invited.

        Walter had let us know the same info. It's now officially on the Unity
        Games calendar.

        > I meant to post this morning and let you know
        > that Aaron and I were going to appear on WBOQ
        > live with Dana Hersey.

        Maybe they have the audio portion archived online? Some radio stations do
        this - I'm sure Mark Edwards will track it down if it is!

        dber@...
      • Richard Spoonts
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
          Welcome back, Alan! You'll be thrilled, I'm sure, to
          hear that I have been practicing Crokinole in your
          absence and that I suck at it a bit less now. In
          fact, I doubt you'll be able to beat me by more than
          80 points now. :-)

          --- AlanRMoon@... wrote:
          > Richard and Andrew
          > continue to be, well...., Richard and Andrew.

          I try at all times to be none other than myself,
          though I must confess to impersonating Dave Rapp
          occasionally because he is just sooooooooooo cool.

          Richard

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • AlanRMoon@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001

            <<

            --- AlanRMoon@... wrote:
            > Richard and Andrew
            > continue to be, well...., Richard and Andrew.

            I try at all times to be none other than myself,
            though I must confess to impersonating Dave Rapp
            occasionally because he is just sooooooooooo cool.

            Richard

            >>Richard, when I first read this, I thought you were just flirting. Then I
            remembered Dave is my CROKINOLE partner and I figured out that you are just
            trying to throw him off his game with a little reverse psychology. Now that
            might work with your usual, everyday, pseudo Shrink. But Dave is much more of
            a special Head Shrinker. You gotta mess with his head a lot more than that to
            really mess with his head, if ya know what I mean?
          • AndAgainMA@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
              The prodigal Moon writes:
              >I'll be writing up a report on the SdJ Award Dinner which I'll >post in the
              next few days. Andrew, stop that fake yawning.

              Nothing fake about it...

              Yes, I'm still me. And the 3 stooges are still suing you for likening them
              to Mark, Craig, and Walter.

              As to the Tresh-fest on the 11th, I won't be there, but I will be happy to
              welcome to that evening's BLAH anyone who wants to head a few miles down Mass
              Ave to my place after being at GPP.

              I don't plan to host this Wednesday, since I believe that there is some kind
              of celebration happening along the river that most attendees have to cross to
              get to my place.

              Andrew.

            • Walter Hunt {the HOtC}
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 3, 2001
                Andrew:

                >I don't plan to host this Wednesday, since I believe that there is some kind
                >of celebration happening along the river that most attendees have to cross to
                >get to my place.

                As a Brit friend of mine quipped when asked by a fairly brainless American
                when the British celebrate Thanksgiving, "we celebrate it on the Fourth of
                July."

                Walter, "oooh, a wise guy", looking forward to hearing about SdJ
              • Craig Massey
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 3, 2001
                  --- AndAgainMA@... wrote:

                  > I don't plan to host this Wednesday, since I believe
                  > that there is some kind
                  > of celebration happening along the river that most
                  > attendees have to cross to
                  > get to my place.

                  Andrew, just because you're British and lost the war
                  back in 1770 something, doesn't mean you can't
                  acknowledge the holiday. I promise to acknowledge Guy
                  Fawkes day or something like that when it comes
                  around.

                  Craig

                  =====
                  Craig W. Massey
                  cwmassey@...

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 3, 2001
                    Craig "Minuteman" Massey addresses me thus:
                    >Andrew, just because you're British and lost the war
                    back in 1770 something, doesn't mean you can't
                    acknowledge the holiday. I promise to acknowledge Guy
                    Fawkes day or something like that when it comes
                    around.
                    <

                    Hey, I'm not that old! But I will acknowledge the holiday celebrated on the 4th of July. Most Americans seem to call it... the 4th of July. Or Independence Day.

                    Andrew, who will buy dinner for everyone on the list - when the tyranny of taxation without representation no longer casts its shadow on this great nation. (Offer void in Texas. Limit one dinner per UGer. Offer expires 2/2/2002.)

                    Craig flashes his cultural literacy with the Guy Fawkes references. Guy tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament, along with some conspirators. (Not co-conspriators, a coinage that displays unnecessary redundancy.) As to when it is celebrated:
                    Remember, remember, the fifth of November
                    Gunpowder, treason and plot

                    That's Brit firework night.

                    Andrew, who on Sunday dined at an "Australian" steakhouse, after being a Japanese warlord described as Canadian by an American with an Italian name.
                  • AlanRMoon@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 3, 2001
                      AndAgainMA@... writes:

                      <<
                      Andrew, who will buy dinner for everyone on the list - when the tyranny of
                      taxation without representation no longer casts its shadow on this great
                      nation. (Offer void in Texas. Limit one dinner per UGer. Offer expires
                      2/2/2002.)

                      >>Dave B., please save this message forever. I'd love to see Andrew have to
                      buy dinner for 150 people. What, you don't have an 8 pound lobster tonight!