Traumfabrik Studios and Lord of the Rings news

  • David Fontes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
      Well, I went and posted my "Americanized" Traumfabrik decals to r.g.b., in
      response to someone's comment about translations, and I got an email from
      someone who is on Reiner Knizia's development team in England! He likes the
      stickers alot, and in fact the original idea was to have real studios
      associated with the films, but that could not be done for legal reasons. He
      was the one who actually came up with the studio/film pairings. Turns out
      that Vertigo, the one film that didn't seem to fall into place, actually
      *was* released by Paramount first. Subsequent rereleases were done by
      Universal Studios. So, in fact, all the stickers are historically accurate.

      And also, he dropped an interesting little tidbit - he is currently helping
      to revise the rules on the *second* expansion for Lord of the Rings!

      -David
      =====================
      David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
      dfontes@...
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
        How cool, we've got an in with the Knizia posse now! Do some more
        schmoozing David! ;-)

        Speaking of Traumfabrik, Matt H have you got any pics on how your modified
        copy of TFab are coming along? I saw a couple of the tiles today and I'm sure
        the whole list would love to see a pic or two and hear the details of how your
        results were arrived at! ;_)

        Mark

        --
        Mark Edwards
        dangermouse@...

        If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass area,
        check out Unity Games!
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
          Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:

          >Speaking of Traumfabrik, Matt H have you
          >got any pics on how your modified copy
          >of TFab are coming along? I saw a couple
          >of the tiles today and I'm sure the whole list
          >would love to see a pic or two and hear the
          >details of how your
          >results were arrived at! ;_)

          Absolutely! I wish I had taken a picture of that one warped,
          battered and decimated tile as proof of how amazing this
          Traumfabrik transformation was. It was like a Fox channel
          episode of "When Good Games Go Bad..."

          dber@...