SSG tomorrow

  • Joseph Czapski
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 29, 2001
      Hi, folks. I'm going to SSG. Some games I'd be into trying for the first
      time (in no particular order of preference): Tigris & Euphrates,
      Traumfabrik, Das Amulet, San Marco.

      Joe Czapski
      Arlington, Mass.
      czapski@...
    • Joseph Czapski
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 6, 2001
        I'll be at SSG. Some games I'd enjoy trying, if anyone who has a copy would
        like to play: San Marco, La Citta, die Magier von Pangea.

        Joe Czapski
        Arlington, Mass.
        czapski@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 6, 2001
          Joe wrote:

          > I'll be at SSG. Some games I'd enjoy trying, if anyone who
          >has a copy would like to play: San Marco, La Citta, die
          >Magier von Pangea.

          Joe always comes prepared with a list! San Marco and Pangea have hit the
          table a bit recently - I'm definitely up for another game of Pangea this
          week should it happen...

          I was just talking to Andrew about how we haven't played La Citta in some
          time. I think it's a fine game if played with 4 or less (I actually prefer
          3 players) mainly due to the time it takes to complete. With 5, the game is
          too long for my tastes. I'm sure it won't be much of a problem getting a
          small group together for La Citta.

          I don't know if Dave R is coming this week - but he mentioned Members Only
          as a game he enjoyed and would like to play again - and Mark and I jumped on
          the bandwagon as it's a game we also greatly enjoy although it hasn't hit
          the table in some time (mostly because there are not many copies floating
          around so it just fell out of the rotation in the game totes). It's a
          somewhat lesser known Knizia title from Blatz (now out of business I
          think?!?) and a very neat game.

          SSG turnout looks good this week!

          dber@...
        • Aleka & GrillCake
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 6, 2001
            --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Dave Bernazzani" <dber@g...> wrote:
            > Joe wrote:
            >
            > > I'll be at SSG. Some games I'd enjoy trying, if anyone who
            > >has a copy would like to play: San Marco, La Citta, die
            > >Magier von Pangea.
            >

            > I was just talking to Andrew about how we haven't played La Citta

            I've been carrying La Citta around for about a month now with no
            success pushing it. Mostly for bad timing and not that no-one has
            wanted to play.

            I'll have it with me if I come this week. But my chances of actually
            making it are probably down to about 38%

            Ben
          • elkind_rob@emc.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 6, 2001
              I'll bring a game I just bought at a garage sale called Hauberk. Anyone
              ever heard of it?

              -Rob

            • Eric
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 25, 2005
                It looks like Lucia and I are probable for tomorrow.
                Others going to SSG?

                __________________________________
              • ScottH.
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 25, 2005
                  I'll be there, but don't tell anyone, it will just scare them away.
                  Any interest in a Bonaparte at Marengo or Hammer of the Scots game
                  from any potential SSGers tomorrow?
                  ScottH.

                  --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Eric <swift_4@y...> wrote:

                  > It looks like Lucia and I are probable for tomorrow.
                  > Others going to SSG?

                  > __________________________________
                  > http://brand.yahoo.com/cybergivingweek2005/

                • Eric
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 26, 2005
                    Due to a Christmas list mixup, I find myself with two
                    copies of Wings of War: Burning Drachens.

                    This is the latest expansion to the Wings of War
                    series. It can also be played solo.

                    This is a new, still in shrink, copy. Price is $20 or
                    best offer. Delivery at UG or through the usual
                    channels.

                    Eric

                    __________________________________
                  • Eric
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 26, 2005
                      > I'll be there, but don't tell anyone, it will just
                      > scare them away.
                      > Any interest in a Bonaparte at Marengo or Hammer of
                      > the Scots game
                      > from any potential SSGers tomorrow?

                      Hammer of the Scots is one of those block games,
                      right? I've been interested in those. If it isn't a 3
                      hour game, I'd be interested. That is, assuming I'm
                      there. It all depends on when the relatives decide to
                      get here and leave.

                    • ScottH.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 26, 2005
                        It is a Columbia Block game and is playable in 2 hours. Rules
                        explanation will add a bit to that. Rules are on the web and someone
                        wrote a quick strategy guide for new players. It is posted on BGG
                        Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/90850
                        (Sorry for the gratuitous horn touting.)