Sunday Die Macher!?!

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2001
      Yep it's me again, still begging for a player or two to fill out to
      five in Die Macher this Sunday, July 1st. For those that don't know Die
      Macher is one of the most "involved" of the German style games there
      is. It has a few subsystems that all come together around the theme of
      the German electoral system. You represent one of the parties in that
      system and by manipulating your party's stand on various issues and the
      media, using some underhanded means of manipulating your opponents'
      parties, publishing polls, allying with your opponents when needed,
      taking money from special interests, etc. you strive to become the
      victor. While the learning curve is a bit steeper than most of these
      games we play once you've got it you'll be surprised how easily it
      flows. It's all actually fairly intuitive.
      It's a negotiation game but there's really no backstabbing involved,
      just cut-throat politics! No, no, just kidding, it's more along the
      lines of how can I get ahead by climbing in bed with so and so.

      Start time is 1pm (sharp! And that means you Campbell! ;-)),
      location is in Norwood MA, right off route 1 just a couple of miles
      north of the Walpole Mall and conveniently located near an Outback
      Steakhouse for dinner afterwards. So far I've got myself, Matt H,
      Campbell, possibly Bill R and we're looking for a 5th (and possibly a
      fill in for Bill since I haven't heard back from him after he expressed
      interest on Tuesday).

      Email me and I'll fill in the details.

      Mark

      If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass
      area, check out Unity Games!

      "Hey dad? ... wanna have a catch?"