Re: Games for Sale

  • jake talley
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 4, 2001
      dammit. i hate it when this happens.

      --- In Unity_Games@y..., "jake talley" <scud@t...> wrote:
      > i'll buy your copy of octi if nobody else has claimed it yet. not
      > sure when i'm going to see you next though. let me know -- jake.
    • Richard Spoonts
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 18, 2003
        For the first time in my life, I am interested in
        selling more than one or two games from my collection.
        All of the games are in excellent condition except as
        noted, with some being unpunched or unplayed. Please
        let me know (off-list) if you have any questions or
        want to make any offers. Note that offers need not be
        limited to the games listed. I will indeed be at UG6,
        if you would like to complete your transaction there.

        Atlantic Star (Queen) $12
        Bailiwick (original editiion) $10
        Blindes Huhn (Berliner Spielkarten) $5
        Bohnanza Erweiterungs Set (Amigo) $5
        El Caballero (Rio Grande, out of print) $15
        Canasta Caliente (Winning Moves) $5
        Canal Grande (Adlung, 2 sets) $5 each or $9 for both
        Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers (Rio Grande) $10
        Cosmic Encounter (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $20
        Elfengold (Amigo) $15
        Elfenland (Amigo) $20
        Hellas (Rio Grande) $10
        History of the World (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $25
        Kendo (Ravensburger) $8
        Labyrinth Card Game (Ravensburger) $5
        Mind Trap (Pressman) $10
        Paris Paris (Abacus) $13
        Peppino the Clown (Ravensburger, very cute game for
        very young kids) $10
        Pig Pile (R&R Games) $8
        Play on Words (Winning Moves) $5
        Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25
        Set (Set Enterprises) $6
        Stocks and Bonds (3M, slightly worn box) $8
        Toscana (Rio Grande/Piatnik) $12
        Wizard (US Games) $4

        Thanks for reading.

        Richard

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Mark J. Edwards
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 18, 2003
          At 03:20 PM 9/18/2003 -0700, Richard Spoonts wrote:
          >Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25

          Richard,

          I'll take that Quandary (if still available). It'll make a great prize
          table item.

          Mark

          "Just look at him. Square. The shape of *EVIL*" - Plankton
        • Felix Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 19, 2003
            I'll take Canal Grande and Toscana if they are still available.

            >For the first time in my life, I am interested in
            >selling more than one or two games from my collection.
            > All of the games are in excellent condition except as
            >noted, with some being unpunched or unplayed. Please
            >let me know (off-list) if you have any questions or
            >want to make any offers. Note that offers need not be
            >limited to the games listed. I will indeed be at UG6,
            >if you would like to complete your transaction there.
            >
            >Atlantic Star (Queen) $12
            >Bailiwick (original editiion) $10
            >Blindes Huhn (Berliner Spielkarten) $5
            >Bohnanza Erweiterungs Set (Amigo) $5
            >El Caballero (Rio Grande, out of print) $15
            >Canasta Caliente (Winning Moves) $5
            >Canal Grande (Adlung, 2 sets) $5 each or $9 for both
            >Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers (Rio Grande) $10
            >Cosmic Encounter (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $20
            >Elfengold (Amigo) $15
            >Elfenland (Amigo) $20
            >Hellas (Rio Grande) $10
            >History of the World (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $25
            >Kendo (Ravensburger) $8
            >Labyrinth Card Game (Ravensburger) $5
            >Mind Trap (Pressman) $10
            >Paris Paris (Abacus) $13
            >Peppino the Clown (Ravensburger, very cute game for
            >very young kids) $10
            >Pig Pile (R&R Games) $8
            >Play on Words (Winning Moves) $5
            >Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25
            >Set (Set Enterprises) $6
            >Stocks and Bonds (3M, slightly worn box) $8
            >Toscana (Rio Grande/Piatnik) $12
            >Wizard (US Games) $4
            >
            >Thanks for reading.
            >
            >Richard

          • W. Eric Martin
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 19, 2003
              > I'll take that Quandary (if still available). It'll make a great prize
              > table item.
              >
              > Mark

              .<*sput, sput*>. Gah, I miss a chance to get Quandary because I'm in
              freakin' digest mode. Better I should bear the weight of a hundred
              individual messages than miss such a chance again.

              Eric-4

              --
              W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
              * Fight intrusive advertising! - http://www.BadAds.org *
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 21, 2003
                Felix,

                Both games are yours, if you still want them. Your
                total is $17. Will you be at UG6? If not, I am often
                in the Davis Square area and could arrange to drop
                them off at your apartment.

                Thanks.

                Richard Spoonts

                --- Felix Rodriguez <far3@...> wrote:

                > I'll take Canal Grande and Toscana if they are still
                > available.

                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
              • acgreenwald
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 27, 2005
                  I am selling the games listed below. This is my one time only
                  listing and it will not be repeated. Except for noted items at the
                  end, all games were published by Simulation Publications Inc. (SPI),
                  an outfit that went bankrupt about 1980 whose assets were purchased
                  by TSR, whose assets were later purchased by WOC. SPI was a
                  competitor to Avalon Hill. Their games were generally not available
                  in stores, only by direct mail order. Virtually all of these games
                  are "wargames" or historical simulations (as the company referred to
                  them) of great battles.

                  All are 2 player games unless other wise indicated. All of the
                  games consist of a rules booklet (8-16 pages) a paper map and sheet
                  of cardboard counters. The company put out a magazine six times a
                  year that contained a game, generally with a smaller map (8.5 by 11
                  inches to double that size) and with fewer pieces (100 to 200) than
                  larger boxed games that they offered for sale - map size 22 by 34"
                  with 400 pieces. Not included on this list are their monster games –
                  map size a few square feet with 2000 to 4000 counters taking two
                  teams of 3 players each a few hundred hours to complete. These are
                  not exaggerations, playing all of world war 2 on a small scale takes
                  a lot of time. The boxed games contain a die (or 2) and I took some
                  empty boxes and put 2 or 3 of the smaller magazine games in each.
                  The boxes are about 11 by 22" with 24 compartments for sorting the
                  cardboard pieces and covers to keep things in place. All games
                  (unless noted) are complete to the best the best of my knowledge.

                  I will not be UG9. I normally attend the MVGA group in Holliston
                  and will arrange to deliver games elsewhere. I have not yet listed
                  these on EBAY and may just wholesale sell them to a dealer. I have
                  not set prices. The magazines alone list (ebay) for $2 each and
                  most games are $5 to $8. Some items are more desirable. Please
                  contact me off line at acgreenwald@... I will be traveling
                  this weekend (why I am not at UG9) and will get back to interested
                  parties next week.

                  Game title publication date

                  Firefight `76
                  Invasion America '76 (future fiction)
                  Mech War `77
                  Modern Battles '75 (4 small games together-Chinese Farm, Golan,
                  Wurzburg, Mukden)
                  Patrol `74
                  Sinai `73
                  Sniper `73
                  Sorcerer '75 (fantasy fiction-can be played by more
                  than 2)
                  Starforce '74 (future fiction)
                  Strategy I '71 (senarios from ancient to future)
                  Westwall '76 (4 small games, Arnhem, Hurtgen Forest,
                  Bastogne, Remagen)

                  The following games are from S&T or Aries magazine. Magazine
                  included unless noted.
                  Many games boxed together (+) but can be separated.

                  The Plot to Assassinate Hitler + Conquistador (early version of new
                  world explorer games)
                  Kampf Panzer + Tank
                  PanzerArmee Afrika + The East is Red + Sixth Fleet
                  Combined Arms
                  "CA" + magazine + "Moves" issue on game
                  Battle for Germany (2, 3 or 4 player)
                  Operation Olympic (imagined invasion of Japan in WW2) no magazine
                  Panzergruppe Guderian
                  The American Civil War + Road to Richmond

                  Albion – (fantasy combat)
                  Vector 3 + World Killer (Sci FI)
                  Voyage of the BSM Pandora + Wreck of the BSM Pandora (Sci Fi –
                  inspired by the movie "Alien")

                  And the only one I might keep:
                  Star trader + DeltaVee (first is for up to 6 players, second is
                  detailed tactical combat of first from the role playing
                  game "universe") no magazine for Star Trader

                  Magazine games not in boxes (large envelopes):
                  The Battle for Cassino (WW II)
                  Kharkov (WW II)
                  The Chinese War (What if Russia and China went to war)
                  Cobra (WWW II)
                  Patton's Third Army, no magazine
                  Stonewall (Civil War) unbroken counter sheet
                  Rescue from the Hive (Sci-fi) unbroken counter sheet, no magazine
                  The Return of the Stainless Steel Rat (Sci-fi) unbroken counter sheet

                  From Avalon Hill (boxed):
                  Guadalcanal
                  Battle of the Bulge
                  Stalingrad
                  Third Reich (first edition)
                  Starship Troopers

                  Other publishers
                  "Alien Space Battle Manual" (miniatures with cardboard pieces, to be
                  played on large floor, you have to guess exact angles (protractors
                  included) for shooting
                • Phil Alberg
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 25, 2009
                    I am putting a number of games up for sale, with delivery occurring at
                    UG XV. Please let me know via private email which games you would
                    like.

                    The List:

                    $30 Games
                    ========
                    BattleLore (opened, but all components still in shrink)
                    Hameln

                    $20 Games
                    ==========
                    Battle Masters (includes a second set for spare parts)
                    Russian Campaign
                    Speed Circuit (contains several additional tracks)
                    Tombouctou (a.k.a. Timbuktu. Rules are in English)

                    $10 Games
                    ==========
                    Australian Rails (in a tube)
                    Bioviva
                    Circus Minimus
                    Drunter & Druber
                    Mammoth Hunters (Rio Grande version)
                    Master Labyrinth
                    Scotland Yard

                    $5 Games
                    =========
                    221B Baker Street
                    Anybody's Guess
                    Bible Pictionary
                    Cartagena (Venice Connection edition)
                    Control Nut
                    Crazy Derby
                    Deluxe Wizard (US Game Systems edition, contains dials that indicate
                    player bids)
                    Demons AND Death Maze (2 old SPI games that I combined into one box)
                    Encore
                    Freight Train (Mayfair edition, missing 1 locomotive and 1 Tank card)
                    I Bet I Know
                    Mine!
                    Outburst
                    Paris Paris
                    Powerplay
                    Rainbows
                    Scream Machine
                    Teraforming
                    Top Secret (A TSR roleplaying game)
                    Upwords
                    Wooly Bully

                    $2 Games
                    =========
                    Annihilator/One World
                    Big Top
                    Flinch
                    Fury of the Norsemen
                    Helltank
                    Ice War
                    Lords of Underearth
                    Moby Pick
                    Rivets
                    Starleader Assault
                    Sticks and Stones
                    Won Over

                    You may view an up-to-date listing of these games by navigating to my
                    Trade List on Boardgamegeek:
                    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Spielfreak?own=1&ff=1

                    Thank you for your consideration.

                    - Phil

                    --
                    Eastern MA Gaming
                    http://www.unitygames.org/

                    "But how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?"

                    important, not the winning."
                    - Reiner Knizia
                  • Phil Alberg
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 11, 2010
                      I am putting a number of games up for sale, with delivery occurring at
                      UG XVI. Please let me know via private email which games you would
                      like.

                      The List:

                      $50 Games
                      ==========
                      Fast Food Franchise (in shrink)

                      $20 Games
                      ==========
                      Antler Island
                      Die Neuen Entdecker (English translation included)
                      Medieval
                      Settlers of Canaan
                      Settlers of the Stone Age

                      $15 Games
                      ==========
                      Manhattan
                      Perikles (in shrink)
                      Streetcar

                      $10 Games
                      ==========
                      Bioviva
                      Gheos

                      $5 Games
                      ==========
                      Anybody's Guess
                      Bible Pictionary
                      Castle (includes second copy, which is in German)
                      Control Nut
                      Crazy Derby
                      Encore
                      I Bet I Know
                      Outburst
                      Rainbows
                      Teraforming
                      Upwords

                      $2 Games
                      ==========
                      Flinch
                      Moby Pick

                      http://boardgame.geekdo.com/collection/user/Spielfreak?trade=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

                      Thank you for your consideration.

                      - Phil

                      --
                      Eastern MA Gaming
                      http://www.unitygames.org/

                      "When the whole world fits inside of your arms
                      Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm?"
                      - Jack Johnson

                      important, not the winning."
                      - Reiner Knizia