Re: Games for Sale

  • jake talley
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 4, 2001
      i'll buy your copy of octi if nobody else has claimed it yet. not
      sure when i'm going to see you next though. let me know -- jake.
    • jake talley
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 4, 2001
        dammit. i hate it when this happens.

        --- In Unity_Games@y..., "jake talley" <scud@t...> wrote:
        > i'll buy your copy of octi if nobody else has claimed it yet. not
        > sure when i'm going to see you next though. let me know -- jake.
      • Richard Spoonts
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 18, 2003
          For the first time in my life, I am interested in
          selling more than one or two games from my collection.
          All of the games are in excellent condition except as
          noted, with some being unpunched or unplayed. Please
          let me know (off-list) if you have any questions or
          want to make any offers. Note that offers need not be
          limited to the games listed. I will indeed be at UG6,
          if you would like to complete your transaction there.

          Atlantic Star (Queen) $12
          Bailiwick (original editiion) $10
          Blindes Huhn (Berliner Spielkarten) $5
          Bohnanza Erweiterungs Set (Amigo) $5
          El Caballero (Rio Grande, out of print) $15
          Canasta Caliente (Winning Moves) $5
          Canal Grande (Adlung, 2 sets) $5 each or $9 for both
          Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers (Rio Grande) $10
          Cosmic Encounter (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $20
          Elfengold (Amigo) $15
          Elfenland (Amigo) $20
          Hellas (Rio Grande) $10
          History of the World (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $25
          Kendo (Ravensburger) $8
          Labyrinth Card Game (Ravensburger) $5
          Mind Trap (Pressman) $10
          Paris Paris (Abacus) $13
          Peppino the Clown (Ravensburger, very cute game for
          very young kids) $10
          Pig Pile (R&R Games) $8
          Play on Words (Winning Moves) $5
          Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25
          Set (Set Enterprises) $6
          Stocks and Bonds (3M, slightly worn box) $8
          Toscana (Rio Grande/Piatnik) $12
          Wizard (US Games) $4

          Thanks for reading.

          Richard

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Mark J. Edwards
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 18, 2003
            At 03:20 PM 9/18/2003 -0700, Richard Spoonts wrote:
            >Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25

            Richard,

            I'll take that Quandary (if still available). It'll make a great prize
            table item.

            Mark

            "Just look at him. Square. The shape of *EVIL*" - Plankton
          • Felix Rodriguez
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 19, 2003
              I'll take Canal Grande and Toscana if they are still available.

              >For the first time in my life, I am interested in
              >selling more than one or two games from my collection.
              > All of the games are in excellent condition except as
              >noted, with some being unpunched or unplayed. Please
              >let me know (off-list) if you have any questions or
              >want to make any offers. Note that offers need not be
              >limited to the games listed. I will indeed be at UG6,
              >if you would like to complete your transaction there.
              >
              >Atlantic Star (Queen) $12
              >Bailiwick (original editiion) $10
              >Blindes Huhn (Berliner Spielkarten) $5
              >Bohnanza Erweiterungs Set (Amigo) $5
              >El Caballero (Rio Grande, out of print) $15
              >Canasta Caliente (Winning Moves) $5
              >Canal Grande (Adlung, 2 sets) $5 each or $9 for both
              >Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers (Rio Grande) $10
              >Cosmic Encounter (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $20
              >Elfengold (Amigo) $15
              >Elfenland (Amigo) $20
              >Hellas (Rio Grande) $10
              >History of the World (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $25
              >Kendo (Ravensburger) $8
              >Labyrinth Card Game (Ravensburger) $5
              >Mind Trap (Pressman) $10
              >Paris Paris (Abacus) $13
              >Peppino the Clown (Ravensburger, very cute game for
              >very young kids) $10
              >Pig Pile (R&R Games) $8
              >Play on Words (Winning Moves) $5
              >Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25
              >Set (Set Enterprises) $6
              >Stocks and Bonds (3M, slightly worn box) $8
              >Toscana (Rio Grande/Piatnik) $12
              >Wizard (US Games) $4
              >
              >Thanks for reading.
              >
              >Richard

            • W. Eric Martin
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 19, 2003
                > I'll take that Quandary (if still available). It'll make a great prize
                > table item.
                >
                > Mark

                .<*sput, sput*>. Gah, I miss a chance to get Quandary because I'm in
                freakin' digest mode. Better I should bear the weight of a hundred
                individual messages than miss such a chance again.

                Eric-4

                --
                W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
                * Fight intrusive advertising! - http://www.BadAds.org *
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 21, 2003
                  Felix,

                  Both games are yours, if you still want them. Your
                  total is $17. Will you be at UG6? If not, I am often
                  in the Davis Square area and could arrange to drop
                  them off at your apartment.

                  Thanks.

                  Richard Spoonts

                  --- Felix Rodriguez <far3@...> wrote:

                  > I'll take Canal Grande and Toscana if they are still
                  > available.

                  http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                • acgreenwald
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 27, 2005
                    I am selling the games listed below. This is my one time only
                    listing and it will not be repeated. Except for noted items at the
                    end, all games were published by Simulation Publications Inc. (SPI),
                    an outfit that went bankrupt about 1980 whose assets were purchased
                    by TSR, whose assets were later purchased by WOC. SPI was a
                    competitor to Avalon Hill. Their games were generally not available
                    in stores, only by direct mail order. Virtually all of these games
                    are "wargames" or historical simulations (as the company referred to
                    them) of great battles.

                    All are 2 player games unless other wise indicated. All of the
                    games consist of a rules booklet (8-16 pages) a paper map and sheet
                    of cardboard counters. The company put out a magazine six times a
                    year that contained a game, generally with a smaller map (8.5 by 11
                    inches to double that size) and with fewer pieces (100 to 200) than
                    larger boxed games that they offered for sale - map size 22 by 34"
                    with 400 pieces. Not included on this list are their monster games –
                    map size a few square feet with 2000 to 4000 counters taking two
                    teams of 3 players each a few hundred hours to complete. These are
                    not exaggerations, playing all of world war 2 on a small scale takes
                    a lot of time. The boxed games contain a die (or 2) and I took some
                    empty boxes and put 2 or 3 of the smaller magazine games in each.
                    The boxes are about 11 by 22" with 24 compartments for sorting the
                    cardboard pieces and covers to keep things in place. All games
                    (unless noted) are complete to the best the best of my knowledge.

                    I will not be UG9. I normally attend the MVGA group in Holliston
                    and will arrange to deliver games elsewhere. I have not yet listed
                    these on EBAY and may just wholesale sell them to a dealer. I have
                    not set prices. The magazines alone list (ebay) for $2 each and
                    most games are $5 to $8. Some items are more desirable. Please
                    contact me off line at acgreenwald@... I will be traveling
                    this weekend (why I am not at UG9) and will get back to interested
                    parties next week.

                    Game title publication date

                    Firefight `76
                    Invasion America '76 (future fiction)
                    Mech War `77
                    Modern Battles '75 (4 small games together-Chinese Farm, Golan,
                    Wurzburg, Mukden)
                    Patrol `74
                    Sinai `73
                    Sniper `73
                    Sorcerer '75 (fantasy fiction-can be played by more
                    than 2)
                    Starforce '74 (future fiction)
                    Strategy I '71 (senarios from ancient to future)
                    Westwall '76 (4 small games, Arnhem, Hurtgen Forest,
                    Bastogne, Remagen)

                    The following games are from S&T or Aries magazine. Magazine
                    included unless noted.
                    Many games boxed together (+) but can be separated.

                    The Plot to Assassinate Hitler + Conquistador (early version of new
                    world explorer games)
                    Kampf Panzer + Tank
                    PanzerArmee Afrika + The East is Red + Sixth Fleet
                    Combined Arms
                    "CA" + magazine + "Moves" issue on game
                    Battle for Germany (2, 3 or 4 player)
                    Operation Olympic (imagined invasion of Japan in WW2) no magazine
                    Panzergruppe Guderian
                    The American Civil War + Road to Richmond

                    Albion – (fantasy combat)
                    Vector 3 + World Killer (Sci FI)
                    Voyage of the BSM Pandora + Wreck of the BSM Pandora (Sci Fi –
                    inspired by the movie "Alien")

                    And the only one I might keep:
                    Star trader + DeltaVee (first is for up to 6 players, second is
                    detailed tactical combat of first from the role playing
                    game "universe") no magazine for Star Trader

                    Magazine games not in boxes (large envelopes):
                    The Battle for Cassino (WW II)
                    Kharkov (WW II)
                    The Chinese War (What if Russia and China went to war)
                    Cobra (WWW II)
                    Patton's Third Army, no magazine
                    Stonewall (Civil War) unbroken counter sheet
                    Rescue from the Hive (Sci-fi) unbroken counter sheet, no magazine
                    The Return of the Stainless Steel Rat (Sci-fi) unbroken counter sheet

                    From Avalon Hill (boxed):
                    Guadalcanal
                    Battle of the Bulge
                    Stalingrad
                    Third Reich (first edition)
                    Starship Troopers

                    Other publishers
                    "Alien Space Battle Manual" (miniatures with cardboard pieces, to be
                    played on large floor, you have to guess exact angles (protractors
                    included) for shooting
                  • Phil Alberg
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 25, 2009
                      I am putting a number of games up for sale, with delivery occurring at
                      UG XV. Please let me know via private email which games you would
                      like.

                      The List:

                      $30 Games
                      ========
                      BattleLore (opened, but all components still in shrink)
                      Hameln

                      $20 Games
                      ==========
                      Battle Masters (includes a second set for spare parts)
                      Russian Campaign
                      Speed Circuit (contains several additional tracks)
                      Tombouctou (a.k.a. Timbuktu. Rules are in English)

                      $10 Games
                      ==========
                      Australian Rails (in a tube)
                      Bioviva
                      Circus Minimus
                      Drunter & Druber
                      Mammoth Hunters (Rio Grande version)
                      Master Labyrinth
                      Scotland Yard

                      $5 Games
                      =========
                      221B Baker Street
                      Anybody's Guess
                      Bible Pictionary
                      Cartagena (Venice Connection edition)
                      Control Nut
                      Crazy Derby
                      Deluxe Wizard (US Game Systems edition, contains dials that indicate
                      player bids)
                      Demons AND Death Maze (2 old SPI games that I combined into one box)
                      Encore
                      Freight Train (Mayfair edition, missing 1 locomotive and 1 Tank card)
                      I Bet I Know
                      Mine!
                      Outburst
                      Paris Paris
                      Powerplay
                      Rainbows
                      Scream Machine
                      Teraforming
                      Top Secret (A TSR roleplaying game)
                      Upwords
                      Wooly Bully

                      $2 Games
                      =========
                      Annihilator/One World
                      Big Top
                      Flinch
                      Fury of the Norsemen
                      Helltank
                      Ice War
                      Lords of Underearth
                      Moby Pick
                      Rivets
                      Starleader Assault
                      Sticks and Stones
                      Won Over

                      You may view an up-to-date listing of these games by navigating to my
                      Trade List on Boardgamegeek:
                      http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Spielfreak?own=1&ff=1

                      Thank you for your consideration.

                      - Phil

                      --
                      Eastern MA Gaming
                      http://www.unitygames.org/

                      "But how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?"

                      important, not the winning."
                      - Reiner Knizia
                    • Phil Alberg
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 11, 2010
                        I am putting a number of games up for sale, with delivery occurring at
                        UG XVI. Please let me know via private email which games you would
                        like.

                        The List:

                        $50 Games
                        ==========
                        Fast Food Franchise (in shrink)

                        $20 Games
                        ==========
                        Antler Island
                        Die Neuen Entdecker (English translation included)
                        Medieval
                        Settlers of Canaan
                        Settlers of the Stone Age

                        $15 Games
                        ==========
                        Manhattan
                        Perikles (in shrink)
                        Streetcar

                        $10 Games
                        ==========
                        Bioviva
                        Gheos

                        $5 Games
                        ==========
                        Anybody's Guess
                        Bible Pictionary
                        Castle (includes second copy, which is in German)
                        Control Nut
                        Crazy Derby
                        Encore
                        I Bet I Know
                        Outburst
                        Rainbows
                        Teraforming
                        Upwords

                        $2 Games
                        ==========
                        Flinch
                        Moby Pick

                        http://boardgame.geekdo.com/collection/user/Spielfreak?trade=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

                        Thank you for your consideration.

                        - Phil

                        --
                        Eastern MA Gaming
                        http://www.unitygames.org/

                        "When the whole world fits inside of your arms
                        Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm?"
                        - Jack Johnson

                        important, not the winning."
                        - Reiner Knizia