Re: Games for Sale

  • Campbell MacInnes
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2001
      DOH!

      Erm, yeah, that was supposed to go to Bob only.

      Sorry.

      --Campbell

      --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Campbell MacInnes" <haleon@s...> wrote:

      > > E-mail me privately if interested, at bobshoock@m..., or if
      > > you have any questions.
      > >
      > Hey Bob, I'd be interested in a few of these ;)
      >

      > > Der Weisse Lotus $30 - TM Spiele - Martin Wallace's game of
      > > conflict in ancient China.
      > >

      > This looks interesting, with a hefty dollop of intrigue. I'd be
      > interested in it.
      >

      > > Die Weinhaendler $30 - Piatnik - Dominque Erhard's game of
      > > competing to transport wine and travelers along the Rhine River.
      > > Gameplay similar to his Condottiere game.
      > >
      > > Entdecker $30 - Goldsieber - Old version. One of my favorite
      > > games, about exploring uncharted waters to discover islands. In
      > > shrink wrap.
      > >
      > Most definitely interested in this.
      >

      > > Rette Sich Wer Kann $30 - Walter Mueller Spiele - Known as "The
      > > Lifeboat Game", a negotiation game that did Survivor long before
      > > the TV show. In shrink wrap.
      > >

      > Negotiation! I'm there! Put me down as interested in this one ;)
      >

      > Let me know if any have been claimed already. I'm sure we can find a
      > common game session to swap cash and goods ;)
      >
      > --Campbell
    • David T
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2001
        If you don't find a customer shave off a lil I'd take all that are left.

        :)
        David

        > Hey Bob, I'd be interested in a few of these ;)
        >

        > > Der Weisse Lotus $30 - TM Spiele - Martin Wallace's game of
        > > conflict in ancient China.
        > >

        > This looks interesting, with a hefty dollop of intrigue. I'd be
        > interested in it.
        >

        > > Die Weinhaendler $30 - Piatnik - Dominque Erhard's game of
        > > competing to transport wine and travelers along the Rhine River.
        > > Gameplay similar to his Condottiere game.
        > >
        > > Entdecker $30 - Goldsieber - Old version. One of my favorite
        > > games, about exploring uncharted waters to discover islands. In
        > > shrink wrap.
        > >
        > Most definitely interested in this.
        >

        > > Rette Sich Wer Kann $30 - Walter Mueller Spiele - Known as "The
        > > Lifeboat Game", a negotiation game that did Survivor long before
        > > the TV show. In shrink wrap.
        > >

        > Negotiation! I'm there! Put me down as interested in this one ;)
        >

        > Let me know if any have been claimed already. I'm sure we can find a
        > common game session to swap cash and goods ;)
        >
        > --Campbell

        > Unity Games turns 1 on July 1, 2001! Thanks to everyone for making
        Eastern MA the best place to game!

      • jake talley
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 4, 2001
          i'll buy your copy of octi if nobody else has claimed it yet. not
          sure when i'm going to see you next though. let me know -- jake.
        • jake talley
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 4, 2001
            dammit. i hate it when this happens.

            --- In Unity_Games@y..., "jake talley" <scud@t...> wrote:
            > i'll buy your copy of octi if nobody else has claimed it yet. not
            > sure when i'm going to see you next though. let me know -- jake.
          • Richard Spoonts
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 18, 2003
              For the first time in my life, I am interested in
              selling more than one or two games from my collection.
              All of the games are in excellent condition except as
              noted, with some being unpunched or unplayed. Please
              let me know (off-list) if you have any questions or
              want to make any offers. Note that offers need not be
              limited to the games listed. I will indeed be at UG6,
              if you would like to complete your transaction there.

              Atlantic Star (Queen) $12
              Bailiwick (original editiion) $10
              Blindes Huhn (Berliner Spielkarten) $5
              Bohnanza Erweiterungs Set (Amigo) $5
              El Caballero (Rio Grande, out of print) $15
              Canasta Caliente (Winning Moves) $5
              Canal Grande (Adlung, 2 sets) $5 each or $9 for both
              Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers (Rio Grande) $10
              Cosmic Encounter (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $20
              Elfengold (Amigo) $15
              Elfenland (Amigo) $20
              Hellas (Rio Grande) $10
              History of the World (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $25
              Kendo (Ravensburger) $8
              Labyrinth Card Game (Ravensburger) $5
              Mind Trap (Pressman) $10
              Paris Paris (Abacus) $13
              Peppino the Clown (Ravensburger, very cute game for
              very young kids) $10
              Pig Pile (R&R Games) $8
              Play on Words (Winning Moves) $5
              Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25
              Set (Set Enterprises) $6
              Stocks and Bonds (3M, slightly worn box) $8
              Toscana (Rio Grande/Piatnik) $12
              Wizard (US Games) $4

              Thanks for reading.

              Richard

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • Mark J. Edwards
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 18, 2003
                At 03:20 PM 9/18/2003 -0700, Richard Spoonts wrote:
                >Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25

                Richard,

                I'll take that Quandary (if still available). It'll make a great prize
                table item.

                Mark

                "Just look at him. Square. The shape of *EVIL*" - Plankton
              • Felix Rodriguez
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 19, 2003
                  I'll take Canal Grande and Toscana if they are still available.

                  >For the first time in my life, I am interested in
                  >selling more than one or two games from my collection.
                  > All of the games are in excellent condition except as
                  >noted, with some being unpunched or unplayed. Please
                  >let me know (off-list) if you have any questions or
                  >want to make any offers. Note that offers need not be
                  >limited to the games listed. I will indeed be at UG6,
                  >if you would like to complete your transaction there.
                  >
                  >Atlantic Star (Queen) $12
                  >Bailiwick (original editiion) $10
                  >Blindes Huhn (Berliner Spielkarten) $5
                  >Bohnanza Erweiterungs Set (Amigo) $5
                  >El Caballero (Rio Grande, out of print) $15
                  >Canasta Caliente (Winning Moves) $5
                  >Canal Grande (Adlung, 2 sets) $5 each or $9 for both
                  >Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers (Rio Grande) $10
                  >Cosmic Encounter (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $20
                  >Elfengold (Amigo) $15
                  >Elfenland (Amigo) $20
                  >Hellas (Rio Grande) $10
                  >History of the World (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $25
                  >Kendo (Ravensburger) $8
                  >Labyrinth Card Game (Ravensburger) $5
                  >Mind Trap (Pressman) $10
                  >Paris Paris (Abacus) $13
                  >Peppino the Clown (Ravensburger, very cute game for
                  >very young kids) $10
                  >Pig Pile (R&R Games) $8
                  >Play on Words (Winning Moves) $5
                  >Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25
                  >Set (Set Enterprises) $6
                  >Stocks and Bonds (3M, slightly worn box) $8
                  >Toscana (Rio Grande/Piatnik) $12
                  >Wizard (US Games) $4
                  >
                  >Thanks for reading.
                  >
                  >Richard

                • W. Eric Martin
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 19, 2003
                    > I'll take that Quandary (if still available). It'll make a great prize
                    > table item.
                    >
                    > Mark

                    .<*sput, sput*>. Gah, I miss a chance to get Quandary because I'm in
                    freakin' digest mode. Better I should bear the weight of a hundred
                    individual messages than miss such a chance again.

                    Eric-4

                    --
                    W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
                    * Fight intrusive advertising! - http://www.BadAds.org *
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 21, 2003
                      Felix,

                      Both games are yours, if you still want them. Your
                      total is $17. Will you be at UG6? If not, I am often
                      in the Davis Square area and could arrange to drop
                      them off at your apartment.

                      Thanks.

                      Richard Spoonts

                      --- Felix Rodriguez <far3@...> wrote:

                      > I'll take Canal Grande and Toscana if they are still
                      > available.

                      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                    • acgreenwald
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 27, 2005
                        I am selling the games listed below. This is my one time only
                        listing and it will not be repeated. Except for noted items at the
                        end, all games were published by Simulation Publications Inc. (SPI),
                        an outfit that went bankrupt about 1980 whose assets were purchased
                        by TSR, whose assets were later purchased by WOC. SPI was a
                        competitor to Avalon Hill. Their games were generally not available
                        in stores, only by direct mail order. Virtually all of these games
                        are "wargames" or historical simulations (as the company referred to
                        them) of great battles.

                        All are 2 player games unless other wise indicated. All of the
                        games consist of a rules booklet (8-16 pages) a paper map and sheet
                        of cardboard counters. The company put out a magazine six times a
                        year that contained a game, generally with a smaller map (8.5 by 11
                        inches to double that size) and with fewer pieces (100 to 200) than
                        larger boxed games that they offered for sale - map size 22 by 34"
                        with 400 pieces. Not included on this list are their monster games –
                        map size a few square feet with 2000 to 4000 counters taking two
                        teams of 3 players each a few hundred hours to complete. These are
                        not exaggerations, playing all of world war 2 on a small scale takes
                        a lot of time. The boxed games contain a die (or 2) and I took some
                        empty boxes and put 2 or 3 of the smaller magazine games in each.
                        The boxes are about 11 by 22" with 24 compartments for sorting the
                        cardboard pieces and covers to keep things in place. All games
                        (unless noted) are complete to the best the best of my knowledge.

                        I will not be UG9. I normally attend the MVGA group in Holliston
                        and will arrange to deliver games elsewhere. I have not yet listed
                        these on EBAY and may just wholesale sell them to a dealer. I have
                        not set prices. The magazines alone list (ebay) for $2 each and
                        most games are $5 to $8. Some items are more desirable. Please
                        contact me off line at acgreenwald@... I will be traveling
                        this weekend (why I am not at UG9) and will get back to interested
                        parties next week.

                        Game title publication date

                        Firefight `76
                        Invasion America '76 (future fiction)
                        Mech War `77
                        Modern Battles '75 (4 small games together-Chinese Farm, Golan,
                        Wurzburg, Mukden)
                        Patrol `74
                        Sinai `73
                        Sniper `73
                        Sorcerer '75 (fantasy fiction-can be played by more
                        than 2)
                        Starforce '74 (future fiction)
                        Strategy I '71 (senarios from ancient to future)
                        Westwall '76 (4 small games, Arnhem, Hurtgen Forest,
                        Bastogne, Remagen)

                        The following games are from S&T or Aries magazine. Magazine
                        included unless noted.
                        Many games boxed together (+) but can be separated.

                        The Plot to Assassinate Hitler + Conquistador (early version of new
                        world explorer games)
                        Kampf Panzer + Tank
                        PanzerArmee Afrika + The East is Red + Sixth Fleet
                        Combined Arms
                        "CA" + magazine + "Moves" issue on game
                        Battle for Germany (2, 3 or 4 player)
                        Operation Olympic (imagined invasion of Japan in WW2) no magazine
                        Panzergruppe Guderian
                        The American Civil War + Road to Richmond

                        Albion – (fantasy combat)
                        Vector 3 + World Killer (Sci FI)
                        Voyage of the BSM Pandora + Wreck of the BSM Pandora (Sci Fi –
                        inspired by the movie "Alien")

                        And the only one I might keep:
                        Star trader + DeltaVee (first is for up to 6 players, second is
                        detailed tactical combat of first from the role playing
                        game "universe") no magazine for Star Trader

                        Magazine games not in boxes (large envelopes):
                        The Battle for Cassino (WW II)
                        Kharkov (WW II)
                        The Chinese War (What if Russia and China went to war)
                        Cobra (WWW II)
                        Patton's Third Army, no magazine
                        Stonewall (Civil War) unbroken counter sheet
                        Rescue from the Hive (Sci-fi) unbroken counter sheet, no magazine
                        The Return of the Stainless Steel Rat (Sci-fi) unbroken counter sheet

                        From Avalon Hill (boxed):
                        Guadalcanal
                        Battle of the Bulge
                        Stalingrad
                        Third Reich (first edition)
                        Starship Troopers

                        Other publishers
                        "Alien Space Battle Manual" (miniatures with cardboard pieces, to be
                        played on large floor, you have to guess exact angles (protractors
                        included) for shooting
                      • Phil Alberg
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 25, 2009
                          I am putting a number of games up for sale, with delivery occurring at
                          UG XV. Please let me know via private email which games you would
                          like.

                          The List:

                          $30 Games
                          ========
                          BattleLore (opened, but all components still in shrink)
                          Hameln

                          $20 Games
                          ==========
                          Battle Masters (includes a second set for spare parts)
                          Russian Campaign
                          Speed Circuit (contains several additional tracks)
                          Tombouctou (a.k.a. Timbuktu. Rules are in English)

                          $10 Games
                          ==========
                          Australian Rails (in a tube)
                          Bioviva
                          Circus Minimus
                          Drunter & Druber
                          Mammoth Hunters (Rio Grande version)
                          Master Labyrinth
                          Scotland Yard

                          $5 Games
                          =========
                          221B Baker Street
                          Anybody's Guess
                          Bible Pictionary
                          Cartagena (Venice Connection edition)
                          Control Nut
                          Crazy Derby
                          Deluxe Wizard (US Game Systems edition, contains dials that indicate
                          player bids)
                          Demons AND Death Maze (2 old SPI games that I combined into one box)
                          Encore
                          Freight Train (Mayfair edition, missing 1 locomotive and 1 Tank card)
                          I Bet I Know
                          Mine!
                          Outburst
                          Paris Paris
                          Powerplay
                          Rainbows
                          Scream Machine
                          Teraforming
                          Top Secret (A TSR roleplaying game)
                          Upwords
                          Wooly Bully

                          $2 Games
                          =========
                          Annihilator/One World
                          Big Top
                          Flinch
                          Fury of the Norsemen
                          Helltank
                          Ice War
                          Lords of Underearth
                          Moby Pick
                          Rivets
                          Starleader Assault
                          Sticks and Stones
                          Won Over

                          You may view an up-to-date listing of these games by navigating to my
                          Trade List on Boardgamegeek:
                          http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Spielfreak?own=1&ff=1

                          Thank you for your consideration.

                          - Phil

                          --
                          Eastern MA Gaming
                          http://www.unitygames.org/

                          "But how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?"

                          important, not the winning."
                          - Reiner Knizia
                        • Phil Alberg
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 11, 2010
                            I am putting a number of games up for sale, with delivery occurring at
                            UG XVI. Please let me know via private email which games you would
                            like.

                            The List:

                            $50 Games
                            ==========
                            Fast Food Franchise (in shrink)

                            $20 Games
                            ==========
                            Antler Island
                            Die Neuen Entdecker (English translation included)
                            Medieval
                            Settlers of Canaan
                            Settlers of the Stone Age

                            $15 Games
                            ==========
                            Manhattan
                            Perikles (in shrink)
                            Streetcar

                            $10 Games
                            ==========
                            Bioviva
                            Gheos

                            $5 Games
                            ==========
                            Anybody's Guess
                            Bible Pictionary
                            Castle (includes second copy, which is in German)
                            Control Nut
                            Crazy Derby
                            Encore
                            I Bet I Know
                            Outburst
                            Rainbows
                            Teraforming
                            Upwords

                            $2 Games
                            ==========
                            Flinch
                            Moby Pick

                            http://boardgame.geekdo.com/collection/user/Spielfreak?trade=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

                            Thank you for your consideration.

                            - Phil

                            --
                            Eastern MA Gaming
                            http://www.unitygames.org/

                            "When the whole world fits inside of your arms
                            Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm?"
                            - Jack Johnson

                            important, not the winning."
                            - Reiner Knizia