Games for Sale

  • Bob Scherer-Hoock
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2001
      Here's a list of games I'm trying to sell - I'll be posting this list
      eventually, with the prices quoted, to r.g.b.m.

      BUT AS A SPECIAL FOR UNITY GAMERS!!!

      I'll knock off $5 on each for you folks since I most like won't have
      to mail them. In other words I'll try very hard to deliver them to
      you
      or to a gaming group where they can be passed to you. Prices are
      negotiable IF you want to purchase three or more (i.e. there is a
      volume discount).

      E-mail me privately if interested, at bobshoock@..., or if
      you have any questions.

      Arctic $20 - Piatnik - age 8 and up tactical game about moving polar
      bears over ice flows.

      Automania $40 - Livingstone Games (Ian Livingstone) business game
      about the auto industry.

      Delfino $20 - Franckh Kosmos - 10 and up abstract game involving
      moving over dolphin tiles, guided by orienting the nose of the
      dolphins in appropriate directions.

      Der Weisse Lotus $30 - TM Spiele - Martin Wallace's game of
      conflict in ancient China.

      Die Weinhaendler $30 - Piatnik - Dominque Erhard's game of
      competing to transport wine and travelers along the Rhine River.
      Gameplay similar to his Condottiere game.

      Entdecker $30 - Goldsieber - Old version. One of my favorite
      games, about exploring uncharted waters to discover islands. In
      shrink wrap.

      Favoriten $30 - Walter Mueller Spiele - Horse racing game with
      clever betting system. In shrink wrap.

      Galaxy the Dark Ages $15 - GMT Games - Reiner Knizia's recent
      rehashing of the Grand National Derby/Titan the Arena system.

      Game of Games $30 - Milton Bradley Ireland - Game chest
      containing 14 short games, ages 7 and up, of all different kinds
      running the gamut from dexterity games to card games. Idea is to
      play them all and find an overall winner. In shrink wrap.

      Iron Horse $30 - DB Spiele - Same game as Metro; this is Dirk
      Henn's self-produced version.

      Ivanhoe $15 - GMT Games - Reiner Knizia's recent redoing of the old
      Attacke game.

      Lotus $15 - Ravensburger - Abstract game of pawn movement and
      blocking, not wholly unlike Dorada.

      Octi $15 - Great American Trading Co. - Abstract strategy game;
      as seen on The Boardroom.

      Paris-Dakar $30 - Milton Bradley Germany - Race game based on the
      cross-continent rally. No English rules.

      Ravensburger Collection $35 - Ravensburger - Another game chest;
      this one has three double-sided game boards and components for 35
      abstract games, including classics like checkers and backgammon.
      In shrink wrap.

      Rette Sich Wer Kann $30 - Walter Mueller Spiele - Known as "The
      Lifeboat Game", a negotiation game that did Survivor long before
      the TV show. In shrink wrap.

      Schoko & Co. $40 - Schmidt Spiele - Business game where players
      own chocolate factories and have to hire staff, buy raw
      materials, produce candy bars, etc. Box is damaged in one corner.
      Components are in good shape.

      Waterloo $30 - Relaxx Games - Two-player conflict game. Board
      setup looks like Stratego, but that's likely where the similarity
      ends. Judging by pictures on the box, there appears to be a
      hidden movement system at work In shrink wrap. No English rules.

      As I said, email me if interested and for more information.

      Bob Scherer-Hoock
    • Campbell MacInnes
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2001

        > E-mail me privately if interested, at bobshoock@m..., or if
        > you have any questions.

        Hey Bob, I'd be interested in a few of these ;)

        > Der Weisse Lotus $30 - TM Spiele - Martin Wallace's game of
        > conflict in ancient China.

        This looks interesting, with a hefty dollop of intrigue. I'd be
        interested in it.

        > Die Weinhaendler $30 - Piatnik - Dominque Erhard's game of
        > competing to transport wine and travelers along the Rhine River.
        > Gameplay similar to his Condottiere game.
        >
        > Entdecker $30 - Goldsieber - Old version. One of my favorite
        > games, about exploring uncharted waters to discover islands. In
        > shrink wrap.

        Most definitely interested in this.

        > Rette Sich Wer Kann $30 - Walter Mueller Spiele - Known as "The
        > Lifeboat Game", a negotiation game that did Survivor long before
        > the TV show. In shrink wrap.

        Negotiation! I'm there! Put me down as interested in this one ;)

        Let me know if any have been claimed already. I'm sure we can find a
        common game session to swap cash and goods ;)

        --Campbell
      • Campbell MacInnes
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2001
          DOH!

          Erm, yeah, that was supposed to go to Bob only.

          Sorry.

          --Campbell

          --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Campbell MacInnes" <haleon@s...> wrote:

          > > E-mail me privately if interested, at bobshoock@m..., or if
          > > you have any questions.
          > >
          > Hey Bob, I'd be interested in a few of these ;)
          >

          > > Der Weisse Lotus $30 - TM Spiele - Martin Wallace's game of
          > > conflict in ancient China.
          > >

          > This looks interesting, with a hefty dollop of intrigue. I'd be
          > interested in it.
          >

          > > Die Weinhaendler $30 - Piatnik - Dominque Erhard's game of
          > > competing to transport wine and travelers along the Rhine River.
          > > Gameplay similar to his Condottiere game.
          > >
          > > Entdecker $30 - Goldsieber - Old version. One of my favorite
          > > games, about exploring uncharted waters to discover islands. In
          > > shrink wrap.
          > >
          > Most definitely interested in this.
          >

          > > Rette Sich Wer Kann $30 - Walter Mueller Spiele - Known as "The
          > > Lifeboat Game", a negotiation game that did Survivor long before
          > > the TV show. In shrink wrap.
          > >

          > Negotiation! I'm there! Put me down as interested in this one ;)
          >

          > Let me know if any have been claimed already. I'm sure we can find a
          > common game session to swap cash and goods ;)
          >
          > --Campbell
        • David T
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2001
            If you don't find a customer shave off a lil I'd take all that are left.

            :)
            David

            > Hey Bob, I'd be interested in a few of these ;)
            >

            > > Der Weisse Lotus $30 - TM Spiele - Martin Wallace's game of
            > > conflict in ancient China.
            > >

            > This looks interesting, with a hefty dollop of intrigue. I'd be
            > interested in it.
            >

            > > Die Weinhaendler $30 - Piatnik - Dominque Erhard's game of
            > > competing to transport wine and travelers along the Rhine River.
            > > Gameplay similar to his Condottiere game.
            > >
            > > Entdecker $30 - Goldsieber - Old version. One of my favorite
            > > games, about exploring uncharted waters to discover islands. In
            > > shrink wrap.
            > >
            > Most definitely interested in this.
            >

            > > Rette Sich Wer Kann $30 - Walter Mueller Spiele - Known as "The
            > > Lifeboat Game", a negotiation game that did Survivor long before
            > > the TV show. In shrink wrap.
            > >

            > Negotiation! I'm there! Put me down as interested in this one ;)
            >

            > Let me know if any have been claimed already. I'm sure we can find a
            > common game session to swap cash and goods ;)
            >
            > --Campbell

            > Unity Games turns 1 on July 1, 2001! Thanks to everyone for making
            Eastern MA the best place to game!

          • jake talley
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 4, 2001
              i'll buy your copy of octi if nobody else has claimed it yet. not
              sure when i'm going to see you next though. let me know -- jake.
            • jake talley
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 4, 2001
                dammit. i hate it when this happens.

                --- In Unity_Games@y..., "jake talley" <scud@t...> wrote:
                > i'll buy your copy of octi if nobody else has claimed it yet. not
                > sure when i'm going to see you next though. let me know -- jake.
              • Richard Spoonts
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 18, 2003
                  For the first time in my life, I am interested in
                  selling more than one or two games from my collection.
                  All of the games are in excellent condition except as
                  noted, with some being unpunched or unplayed. Please
                  let me know (off-list) if you have any questions or
                  want to make any offers. Note that offers need not be
                  limited to the games listed. I will indeed be at UG6,
                  if you would like to complete your transaction there.

                  Atlantic Star (Queen) $12
                  Bailiwick (original editiion) $10
                  Blindes Huhn (Berliner Spielkarten) $5
                  Bohnanza Erweiterungs Set (Amigo) $5
                  El Caballero (Rio Grande, out of print) $15
                  Canasta Caliente (Winning Moves) $5
                  Canal Grande (Adlung, 2 sets) $5 each or $9 for both
                  Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers (Rio Grande) $10
                  Cosmic Encounter (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $20
                  Elfengold (Amigo) $15
                  Elfenland (Amigo) $20
                  Hellas (Rio Grande) $10
                  History of the World (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $25
                  Kendo (Ravensburger) $8
                  Labyrinth Card Game (Ravensburger) $5
                  Mind Trap (Pressman) $10
                  Paris Paris (Abacus) $13
                  Peppino the Clown (Ravensburger, very cute game for
                  very young kids) $10
                  Pig Pile (R&R Games) $8
                  Play on Words (Winning Moves) $5
                  Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25
                  Set (Set Enterprises) $6
                  Stocks and Bonds (3M, slightly worn box) $8
                  Toscana (Rio Grande/Piatnik) $12
                  Wizard (US Games) $4

                  Thanks for reading.

                  Richard

                  http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                • Mark J. Edwards
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 18, 2003
                    At 03:20 PM 9/18/2003 -0700, Richard Spoonts wrote:
                    >Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25

                    Richard,

                    I'll take that Quandary (if still available). It'll make a great prize
                    table item.

                    Mark

                    "Just look at him. Square. The shape of *EVIL*" - Plankton
                  • Felix Rodriguez
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 19, 2003
                      I'll take Canal Grande and Toscana if they are still available.

                      >For the first time in my life, I am interested in
                      >selling more than one or two games from my collection.
                      > All of the games are in excellent condition except as
                      >noted, with some being unpunched or unplayed. Please
                      >let me know (off-list) if you have any questions or
                      >want to make any offers. Note that offers need not be
                      >limited to the games listed. I will indeed be at UG6,
                      >if you would like to complete your transaction there.
                      >
                      >Atlantic Star (Queen) $12
                      >Bailiwick (original editiion) $10
                      >Blindes Huhn (Berliner Spielkarten) $5
                      >Bohnanza Erweiterungs Set (Amigo) $5
                      >El Caballero (Rio Grande, out of print) $15
                      >Canasta Caliente (Winning Moves) $5
                      >Canal Grande (Adlung, 2 sets) $5 each or $9 for both
                      >Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers (Rio Grande) $10
                      >Cosmic Encounter (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $20
                      >Elfengold (Amigo) $15
                      >Elfenland (Amigo) $20
                      >Hellas (Rio Grande) $10
                      >History of the World (Hasbro/Avalon Hill) $25
                      >Kendo (Ravensburger) $8
                      >Labyrinth Card Game (Ravensburger) $5
                      >Mind Trap (Pressman) $10
                      >Paris Paris (Abacus) $13
                      >Peppino the Clown (Ravensburger, very cute game for
                      >very young kids) $10
                      >Pig Pile (R&R Games) $8
                      >Play on Words (Winning Moves) $5
                      >Quandary (milton Bradley, out of print) $25
                      >Set (Set Enterprises) $6
                      >Stocks and Bonds (3M, slightly worn box) $8
                      >Toscana (Rio Grande/Piatnik) $12
                      >Wizard (US Games) $4
                      >
                      >Thanks for reading.
                      >
                      >Richard

                    • W. Eric Martin
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 19, 2003
                        > I'll take that Quandary (if still available). It'll make a great prize
                        > table item.
                        >
                        > Mark

                        .<*sput, sput*>. Gah, I miss a chance to get Quandary because I'm in
                        freakin' digest mode. Better I should bear the weight of a hundred
                        individual messages than miss such a chance again.

                        Eric-4

                        --
                        W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
                        * Fight intrusive advertising! - http://www.BadAds.org *
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 21, 2003
                          Felix,

                          Both games are yours, if you still want them. Your
                          total is $17. Will you be at UG6? If not, I am often
                          in the Davis Square area and could arrange to drop
                          them off at your apartment.

                          Thanks.

                          Richard Spoonts

                          --- Felix Rodriguez <far3@...> wrote:

                          > I'll take Canal Grande and Toscana if they are still
                          > available.

                          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                        • acgreenwald
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 27, 2005
                            I am selling the games listed below. This is my one time only
                            listing and it will not be repeated. Except for noted items at the
                            end, all games were published by Simulation Publications Inc. (SPI),
                            an outfit that went bankrupt about 1980 whose assets were purchased
                            by TSR, whose assets were later purchased by WOC. SPI was a
                            competitor to Avalon Hill. Their games were generally not available
                            in stores, only by direct mail order. Virtually all of these games
                            are "wargames" or historical simulations (as the company referred to
                            them) of great battles.

                            All are 2 player games unless other wise indicated. All of the
                            games consist of a rules booklet (8-16 pages) a paper map and sheet
                            of cardboard counters. The company put out a magazine six times a
                            year that contained a game, generally with a smaller map (8.5 by 11
                            inches to double that size) and with fewer pieces (100 to 200) than
                            larger boxed games that they offered for sale - map size 22 by 34"
                            with 400 pieces. Not included on this list are their monster games –
                            map size a few square feet with 2000 to 4000 counters taking two
                            teams of 3 players each a few hundred hours to complete. These are
                            not exaggerations, playing all of world war 2 on a small scale takes
                            a lot of time. The boxed games contain a die (or 2) and I took some
                            empty boxes and put 2 or 3 of the smaller magazine games in each.
                            The boxes are about 11 by 22" with 24 compartments for sorting the
                            cardboard pieces and covers to keep things in place. All games
                            (unless noted) are complete to the best the best of my knowledge.

                            I will not be UG9. I normally attend the MVGA group in Holliston
                            and will arrange to deliver games elsewhere. I have not yet listed
                            these on EBAY and may just wholesale sell them to a dealer. I have
                            not set prices. The magazines alone list (ebay) for $2 each and
                            most games are $5 to $8. Some items are more desirable. Please
                            contact me off line at acgreenwald@... I will be traveling
                            this weekend (why I am not at UG9) and will get back to interested
                            parties next week.

                            Game title publication date

                            Firefight `76
                            Invasion America '76 (future fiction)
                            Mech War `77
                            Modern Battles '75 (4 small games together-Chinese Farm, Golan,
                            Wurzburg, Mukden)
                            Patrol `74
                            Sinai `73
                            Sniper `73
                            Sorcerer '75 (fantasy fiction-can be played by more
                            than 2)
                            Starforce '74 (future fiction)
                            Strategy I '71 (senarios from ancient to future)
                            Westwall '76 (4 small games, Arnhem, Hurtgen Forest,
                            Bastogne, Remagen)

                            The following games are from S&T or Aries magazine. Magazine
                            included unless noted.
                            Many games boxed together (+) but can be separated.

                            The Plot to Assassinate Hitler + Conquistador (early version of new
                            world explorer games)
                            Kampf Panzer + Tank
                            PanzerArmee Afrika + The East is Red + Sixth Fleet
                            Combined Arms
                            "CA" + magazine + "Moves" issue on game
                            Battle for Germany (2, 3 or 4 player)
                            Operation Olympic (imagined invasion of Japan in WW2) no magazine
                            Panzergruppe Guderian
                            The American Civil War + Road to Richmond

                            Albion – (fantasy combat)
                            Vector 3 + World Killer (Sci FI)
                            Voyage of the BSM Pandora + Wreck of the BSM Pandora (Sci Fi –
                            inspired by the movie "Alien")

                            And the only one I might keep:
                            Star trader + DeltaVee (first is for up to 6 players, second is
                            detailed tactical combat of first from the role playing
                            game "universe") no magazine for Star Trader

                            Magazine games not in boxes (large envelopes):
                            The Battle for Cassino (WW II)
                            Kharkov (WW II)
                            The Chinese War (What if Russia and China went to war)
                            Cobra (WWW II)
                            Patton's Third Army, no magazine
                            Stonewall (Civil War) unbroken counter sheet
                            Rescue from the Hive (Sci-fi) unbroken counter sheet, no magazine
                            The Return of the Stainless Steel Rat (Sci-fi) unbroken counter sheet

                            From Avalon Hill (boxed):
                            Guadalcanal
                            Battle of the Bulge
                            Stalingrad
                            Third Reich (first edition)
                            Starship Troopers

                            Other publishers
                            "Alien Space Battle Manual" (miniatures with cardboard pieces, to be
                            played on large floor, you have to guess exact angles (protractors
                            included) for shooting
                          • Phil Alberg
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 25, 2009
                              I am putting a number of games up for sale, with delivery occurring at
                              UG XV. Please let me know via private email which games you would
                              like.

                              The List:

                              $30 Games
                              ========
                              BattleLore (opened, but all components still in shrink)
                              Hameln

                              $20 Games
                              ==========
                              Battle Masters (includes a second set for spare parts)
                              Russian Campaign
                              Speed Circuit (contains several additional tracks)
                              Tombouctou (a.k.a. Timbuktu. Rules are in English)

                              $10 Games
                              ==========
                              Australian Rails (in a tube)
                              Bioviva
                              Circus Minimus
                              Drunter & Druber
                              Mammoth Hunters (Rio Grande version)
                              Master Labyrinth
                              Scotland Yard

                              $5 Games
                              =========
                              221B Baker Street
                              Anybody's Guess
                              Bible Pictionary
                              Cartagena (Venice Connection edition)
                              Control Nut
                              Crazy Derby
                              Deluxe Wizard (US Game Systems edition, contains dials that indicate
                              player bids)
                              Demons AND Death Maze (2 old SPI games that I combined into one box)
                              Encore
                              Freight Train (Mayfair edition, missing 1 locomotive and 1 Tank card)
                              I Bet I Know
                              Mine!
                              Outburst
                              Paris Paris
                              Powerplay
                              Rainbows
                              Scream Machine
                              Teraforming
                              Top Secret (A TSR roleplaying game)
                              Upwords
                              Wooly Bully

                              $2 Games
                              =========
                              Annihilator/One World
                              Big Top
                              Flinch
                              Fury of the Norsemen
                              Helltank
                              Ice War
                              Lords of Underearth
                              Moby Pick
                              Rivets
                              Starleader Assault
                              Sticks and Stones
                              Won Over

                              You may view an up-to-date listing of these games by navigating to my
                              Trade List on Boardgamegeek:
                              http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Spielfreak?own=1&ff=1

                              Thank you for your consideration.

                              - Phil

                              --
                              Eastern MA Gaming
                              http://www.unitygames.org/

                              "But how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?"

                              important, not the winning."
                              - Reiner Knizia
                            • Phil Alberg
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 11, 2010
                                I am putting a number of games up for sale, with delivery occurring at
                                UG XVI. Please let me know via private email which games you would
                                like.

                                The List:

                                $50 Games
                                ==========
                                Fast Food Franchise (in shrink)

                                $20 Games
                                ==========
                                Antler Island
                                Die Neuen Entdecker (English translation included)
                                Medieval
                                Settlers of Canaan
                                Settlers of the Stone Age

                                $15 Games
                                ==========
                                Manhattan
                                Perikles (in shrink)
                                Streetcar

                                $10 Games
                                ==========
                                Bioviva
                                Gheos

                                $5 Games
                                ==========
                                Anybody's Guess
                                Bible Pictionary
                                Castle (includes second copy, which is in German)
                                Control Nut
                                Crazy Derby
                                Encore
                                I Bet I Know
                                Outburst
                                Rainbows
                                Teraforming
                                Upwords

                                $2 Games
                                ==========
                                Flinch
                                Moby Pick

                                http://boardgame.geekdo.com/collection/user/Spielfreak?trade=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

                                Thank you for your consideration.

                                - Phil

                                --
                                Eastern MA Gaming
                                http://www.unitygames.org/

                                "When the whole world fits inside of your arms
                                Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm?"
                                - Jack Johnson

                                important, not the winning."
                                - Reiner Knizia