[OT] Job thingie

  • Campbell MacInnes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2001
      Yep, sorry, another OT post.

      Just know of a few job opportunities at my company and figured I'd
      give a head's up to anyone who may be looking around. If you're not
      interested, this post has nothing to do with gaming, so flee now!

      A couple of slots have opened-up in my department due to expansion.
      Official titles would be "Data Support Analyst". As you can guess,
      the job is basically a customer support role, with equal parts
      customer interaction and down and dirty playing with internet-related
      hardware. Pay is, from what I can glean, consistent with industry
      standards.

      We handle mostly DSL and email issues, with T1's also being a
      possibility (especially if you have the know-how), as well as various
      other forms of data connectivity and ISP services.

      For those without much technical backround, but are looking to make a
      change to one, it is very much a trainable environment, though
      obviously those with experience will start with a higher salary. I
      myself started more than a year ago with only a modicum of computer
      and net savvy, and through on the job training and outside schooling,
      have become quite skilled in what we do.

      There's a good deal of opportunity here as well, since the department
      is currently small, but we are looking to do a good deal of expansion
      due to changed circumstances and new opportunities, so you'd be
      getting in at "the start" so to speak.

      The company is Network Plus, a telecommunications company based in
      the Boston area, but with a footprint extending from New Hampshire to
      Florida. Unlike most other DSL providers, we are extremely stable
      financially, as more than half our revenue comes from the local and
      long-distance services that were the company's original bread and
      butter.

      Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know at haleon@...

      Okay, okay, enough OT posting, I'm done ;)

      --Campbell