Re: [Unity_Games] Re: new people, new groups

  • AndAgainMA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2000
      As some of this morning's many posts indicate, there are challenges, as well
      as pleasures, in finding new people to game with. One is that if you are
      providing the venue, you need to be wary of inviting strangers into it. Most
      of the time, they won't be strangers for long, and good gaming will ensue.

      But still, Dave needs to be wary about who he invites into his place of work,
      and I need to be wary about who I invite into my home. As I pointed out, the
      Big Weekend Hall Thing would be a good place to meet new gamers.

      As Dave pointed out, given that I feel this way, it is strange that I issued
      an invitation to game at my place on a list that includes people I don't
      know. I thought that the risk was low, given that: most of the people on the
      list seem to be known to Dave and/or Mark, so there weren't too many degrees
      of separation; and it was a relatively short-notice invitation for a weekend
      evening, for which many people would already have plans.

      As the list becomes larger, I will be more hesitant to issue such invitations
      on it. But maybe I'll call B&N or Borders in Boston and warn them about how
      much business they're losing by not having a games night...

      Andrew.
    • Mark J. Edwards
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2000
        AndAgainMA@... wrote:

        > As the list becomes larger, I will be more hesitant to issue such invitations
        > on it. But maybe I'll call B&N or Borders in Boston and warn them about how
        > much business they're losing by not having a games night...
        >
        > Andrew.

        Speaking of B&N, there's a Borders bookstore near me (across from Emerald
        Square mall) that has a chess club meeting on Sunday nights. I wonder what kind
        of attendance they get. Seems like a breeding ground for converts! Heheh.

        Mark

        --
        Mark Edwards
        dangermouse@...