Another crossword

  • Matthew Gray
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2001
      Inspired by Dave's crossword, I decided I wanted one with more word
      crossings, so I decided to do a full 15x15 American grid style
      crossword on a game theme. In the end, 56 of 77 of the clues/answers
      were game related in some way, but there's still several that aren't
      at all game related, but you're all smart folks and can probably deal
      with that :-)

      I'm hoping people on this list will enjoy it and "playtest" it a
      little for me, letting me know if any of the clues are way too hard or
      way too easy, or the like. If I release it for general
      internet/r.g.b. consumption, I will have to come up with a new clue
      for 48 Across though :-/

      I'm very interested in how difficult/easy people find the puzzle...

      http://boardgamestuff.com/xword/

      Please don't distribute this URL beyond this list yet...

      ...Matthew
    • Pitt Crandlemire
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2001
        At 03:17 PM 4/30/01 -0400, Matthew Gray wrote:

        >I'm hoping people on this list will enjoy it and "playtest" it a
        >little for me, letting me know if any of the clues are way too hard or
        >way too easy, or the like. If I release it for general
        >internet/r.g.b. consumption, I will have to come up with a new clue
        >for 48 Across though :-/
        >
        >I'm very interested in how difficult/easy people find the puzzle...

        I just completed it in about 30 minutes. Or, maybe I did. I have no idea
        what 46 across is supposed to be (please tell me). I got all of the
        letters in it from other clues except possibly for the last one, which is
        the first letter of 47 down. I'm not sure if I have that correct or not.

        Also, you forget to give a clue for 66 down. As it happens, I had some
        difficulty with the other clues in that area (particularly 54 down and 65
        across) and a clue for 66 down would have been most helpful.

        It was fun, though. I especially liked the clues for 43 across, 31 across,
        and 41 across.

        As for another clue for 48 across, how about "universal soldier"?

        -Pitt
      • Craig Massey
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2001
          I'm going to work on it tonite so don't post any
          answers yet Matthew.

          Great Job - you have just been recruited to do a
          puzzle of some sort for UGIII.

          Craig

          --- Pitt Crandlemire <pittc@...> wrote:
          > At 03:17 PM 4/30/01 -0400, Matthew Gray wrote:
          > >
          > >I'm hoping people on this list will enjoy it and
          > "playtest" it a
          > >little for me, letting me know if any of the clues
          > are way too hard or
          > >way too easy, or the like. If I release it for
          > general
          > >internet/r.g.b. consumption, I will have to come up
          > with a new clue
          > >for 48 Across though :-/
          > >
          > >I'm very interested in how difficult/easy people
          > find the puzzle...
          >
          > I just completed it in about 30 minutes. Or, maybe
          > I did. I have no idea
          > what 46 across is supposed to be (please tell me).
          > I got all of the
          > letters in it from other clues except possibly for
          > the last one, which is
          > the first letter of 47 down. I'm not sure if I have
          > that correct or not.
          >
          > Also, you forget to give a clue for 66 down. As it
          > happens, I had some
          > difficulty with the other clues in that area
          > (particularly 54 down and 65
          > across) and a clue for 66 down would have been most
          > helpful.
          >
          > It was fun, though. I especially liked the clues
          > for 43 across, 31 across,
          > and 41 across.
          >
          > As for another clue for 48 across, how about
          > "universal soldier"?
          >
          > -Pitt

          =====
          Craig W. Massey
          cwmassey@...

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/
        • Matthew Gray
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2001
            > I just completed it in about 30 minutes.

            Wow! And I was worried it was too hard.

            > Also, you forget to give a clue for 66 down.

            Oops, I've added the clue to the web page "66) Charge"

            > As it happens, I had some
            > difficulty with the other clues in that area (particularly 54 down and 65
            > across) and a clue for 66 down would have been most helpful.

            > It was fun, though. I especially liked the clues for 43 across, 31 across,

            Glad you liked those. I was particuarly pleased with 31 across myself :-)

            > and 41 across.

            I'm glad that didn't prove too difficult.

            > As for another clue for 48 across, how about "universal soldier"?

            Maybe. The other possibility is "Pennysylvanian Utility Company", but
            I'm still undecided.

            ...Matthew