Havoc 17 - miniatures convention

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
      For those of you that have an interest in miniatures, there's a convention, sponsored by Battle Group Boston, coming up at the end of April (28th - 29th) at the Fort Devens Sports Arena in Ayer MA.

      Go here for details: http://communities.msn.com/battlegroupbostonshavoc

      One of the games being run is called "Dungeon Crawl". I played an early prototype of the game years back when I visited the BGB group. Here's a blurb from Peter Mancini, the designer of the game and one of the BGB head honchos:

      > One of them is my game called Dungeon Crawl that can best be
      > described as conceptually similar to "Dungeon!", "Warhammer
      > Quest", "Hero Quest" and "Wiz War" with an emphasis on screw-your-
      > buddy. Someone once described it as so unbalanced its balanced.
      > Definitely worth a laugh and a lot of fun to play. I use miniatures,
      > Master Maze and a couple of special wiz-warish card decks I came up
      > with.

      The Master Maze stuff is really incredible. Fully painted resin lock together floor pieces to make up a dungeon. Just really cool, if very expensive. As Peter describes it definitely has a Wiz War feel to it. Good fun.

      Mark

      P.S. Here's the homepage for the Dwarven Forge folks, the makers of Master Maze: http://www.dwarvenforge.com/about.html I found the sets cheaper at some other retail site, but I don't remember where.

      If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass area, check out Unity Games!
    • Kornfeld, Lewis A
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
        There will also be a Puffing Billy tournament. Several games of Robo Rally,
        and someone is going to be doing Settlers of Catan.

        For those of you that have an interest in miniatures, there's a
        convention, sponsored by Battle Group Boston, coming up at the end of April
        (28th - 29th) at the Fort Devens Sports Arena in Ayer MA.

        Go here for details: http://communities.msn.com/battlegroupbostonshavoc

        One of the games being run is called "Dungeon Crawl". I played an early
        prototype of the game years back when I visited the BGB group. Here's a
        blurb from Peter Mancini, the designer of the game and one of the BGB head
        honchos:

        > One of them is my game called Dungeon Crawl that can best be
        > described as conceptually similar to "Dungeon!", "Warhammer
        > Quest", "Hero Quest" and "Wiz War" with an emphasis on
        screw-your-
        > buddy. Someone once described it as so unbalanced its
        balanced.
        > Definitely worth a laugh and a lot of fun to play. I use
        miniatures,
        > Master Maze and a couple of special wiz-warish card decks I
        came up
        > with.

        The Master Maze stuff is really incredible. Fully painted resin lock
        together floor pieces to make up a dungeon. Just really cool, if very
        expensive. As Peter describes it definitely has a Wiz War feel to it. Good
        fun.

        Mark

        P.S. Here's the homepage for the Dwarven Forge folks, the makers of Master
        Maze: http://www.dwarvenforge.com/about.html I found the sets cheaper at
        some other retail site, but I don't remember where.

        If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass
        area, check out Unity Games!

        Web page for Unity Games member database, files, polls, etc.

        To UNSUBSCRIBE from the Unity Games mailing list, please send an email to:
        and Unsubscribe from there.