Re: Reminder - Barnes & Noble - Open Gaming

  • Alison Hansel
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
      > From: Dave Bernazzani [mailto:dber@g...]

      > > I'll be there.
      >
      > As will I. I've got a small bag-o-games with me and should be at
      B&N by
      > 6:30.
      >
      > Based on rumblings at SSG Saturday, I think Scott was at the 80%
      level to
      > attend as well. Mark, Alison and David were rather less sure but I
      think
      > David said he might make it down.

      Yes, David will definitely be there. If I'm not too tired from the
      workday, I'll be coming along, too!

      --Alison
    • Mark J. Edwards
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
        --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Alison Hansel" <maarnett@h...> wrote:
        > Yes, David will definitely be there. If I'm not too tired from the
        > workday, I'll be coming along, too!

        David without Alison? Is that possible? Are you sure about this?
        ;-)

        I just got the green light, I'll be there! Got my copy of
        Quandary today and I'll bring it along. We don't have to play it or
        nothing, it can just sit on a table and look pretty for the
        passersby.* ;-)

        Mark

        P.S. Note to Scott and any would be "game pusher", this is the less
        in your face, "guilt method" of game pushing. Dave B is very adept
        at this one.
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
          Mark wrote:
          > I just got the green light, I'll be there!

          Excellent! Jenn informs me she might be there for the first game (after we
          go out for dinner) since she hasn't made the B&N gaming for a couple months
          now. If so, it'll be like the days of old!

          > P.S. Note to Scott and any would be "game pusher", this is the less
          > in your face, "guilt method" of game pushing. Dave B is very adept
          > at this one.

          I've got a style all my own! It's adaptive - and subject to the person I'm
          trying to entice into a game I really want to play. Everything according to
          the master plan! muwhahahahahah!

          dber@...
        • Richard Spoonts
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
            Mark,

            I am so glad you found a copy; your nagging was
            beginning to grate. ;-)

            Where did you find it? And how much did it cost you,
            if I may be so bold?

            Richard

            --- "Mark J. Edwards" <dangermouse@...>
            wrote:
            > --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Alison Hansel"
            > <maarnett@h...> wrote:
            > > Yes, David will definitely be there. If I'm not
            > too tired from the
            > > workday, I'll be coming along, too!
            > >

            > David without Alison? Is that possible? Are you
            > sure about this?
            > ;-)
            >
            > I just got the green light, I'll be there! Got my
            > copy of
            > Quandary today and I'll bring it along. We don't
            > have to play it or
            > nothing, it can just sit on a table and look pretty
            > for the
            > passersby.* ;-)
            >
            > Mark
            >
            > P.S. Note to Scott and any would be "game pusher",
            > this is the less
            > in your face, "guilt method" of game pushing. Dave
            > B is very adept
            > at this one.

          • Mark Edwards
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
              Richard Spoonts wrote:

              > Where did you find it? And how much did it cost you,
              > if I may be so bold?

              I posted a WTB (Wanted to Buy) on rec.games.board.marketplace and someone responded. After a small bit of haggling we decided on $20 for the game (apparently it cost $35 new). The only flaw with the game is that it has 2 blue '0' tiles and is missing the yellow '0' tile. He glued a tiny piece of paper on one of the blue zeros to indicate it should be yellow.

              I'm also working on a second copy which I found for $15 on Yahoo auctions. This one is complete but the box is a bit beat up. I plan on replacing the yellow zero from that one and then selling the resulting complete but not quite perfect copy.

              All that said, I've heard that this game should be relatively easy to find at a fleamarket or yard sale for cheap money.

              Mark (OCD is popular around here)

              If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass area, check out Unity Games!

            • mhorn@macromedia.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 9, 2001
                I can make it. for some reason, I was assuming that it was a no-go... but I
                have Battle Line with me and FlickWerk if it's just the two of us. I may
                have to leave a little early.

                this weekend, I got in a game of 3-player Acquire. I've never played it with
                so few people before, but it worked really well, so I'll have that in tow
                (finally broke down and bought one at Scholars).

                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 23 6:59 AM
                  I'll be there, sun-burn and all.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 23 7:40 AM
                    Matt wrote:

                    > I'll be there, sun-burn and all.

                    Whoo-hoo! Big turnout with 5 of us... and I brought mostly 2P stuff!

                    dber@...
                  • Matthew Horn
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 23 8:19 AM
                      No worries, I've got Traumfabrik and Baumeister der Wettstreit in addition
                      to some 2-p games.

                      http://www.gis.net/~dber <http://www.gis.net/~dber> (South Shore Gamers)

                      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                    • cragmyre@hotmail.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 23 8:52 AM
                        Make that six

                        > Whoo-hoo! Big turnout with 5 of us... and I brought mostly 2P
                        stuff!

                        > --
                        > Dave Bernazzani
                        > dber@g...
                        > http://www.gis.net/~dber (South Shore Gamers)
                      • Campbell MacInnes
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 23 9:14 AM
                          --- In Unity_Games@y..., Matthew Horn <mhorn@m...> wrote:
                          > No worries, I've got Traumfabrik and Baumeister der Wettstreit in
                          addition
                          > to some 2-p games.

                          I brought the paper towels.

                          --Lew Zealand
                        • Mark Edwards
                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 10, 2001
                            If you can't find any takers come down to my house! This'll be the
                            last week that GSG is on a Monday night as next week it'll move back to
                            Tuesdays.

                            Mark

                            Campbell MacInnes wrote:

                            > Hey, is anyone else going to B&N today? I should be able to attend,
                            > and I know of another fellow (from Boston Gamers) who will likely pop
                            > his head in as well.
                            >
                            > Any takers?

                            If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass
                            area, check out Unity Games!

                            "Hey dad? ... wanna have a catch?"

                          • Walter H. Hunt
                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 11, 2001
                              Campbell MacInnes wrote:

                              > Hey, is anyone else going to B&N today? I should be able to attend,
                              > and I know of another fellow (from Boston Gamers) who will likely pop
                              > his head in as well.
                              >
                              > Any takers?

                              I may stop by on the way home from Lodge. Warning, tuxedo alert!

                              Walter.
                            • Matthew Horn
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                Dave B wrote:
                                >>The Monday B&N has sort of fallen off since about September of
                                >>last year. A few of the folks had babies...

                                Actually, a SUSPICIOUSLY large number of B&N attendees and their spouses had babies... and this was about the same time that Campbell stopped showing up, too. Hmm....

                                I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a nice place to play.
                              • Mark Edwards
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                  Matthew Horn wrote:

                                  > Dave B wrote:
                                  > >>The Monday B&N has sort of fallen off since about September of
                                  > >>last year. A few of the folks had babies...
                                  >
                                  > Actually, a SUSPICIOUSLY large number of B&N attendees and their
                                  > spouses had babies... and this was about the same time that Campbell
                                  > stopped showing up, too. Hmm....

                                  Just out of curiosity, where were you going with that? Each
                                  possibility seems more ludicrous than the next! ;-)

                                  > I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a nice
                                  > place to play.

                                  I too will be trying to make it as often as I can. I'll also try to
                                  bring Nick to help out Campbell's cause. You'd be amazed at how well
                                  cute babies (he takes after me) work as chick magnets.

                                  Mark

                                  If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass
                                  area, check out Unity Games!

                                  "Hey dad? ... wanna have a catch?"

                                • unitycam
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                    --- In Unity_Games@y..., Matthew Horn <mhorn@m...> wrote:
                                    > Actually, a SUSPICIOUSLY large number of B&N attendees and their
                                    spouses had babies... and this was about the same time that Campbell
                                    stopped showing up, too. Hmm....

                                    My team of lawyers have advised to make "no comment" on this, as any
                                    HYPOTHETICAL child support costs would bankrupt me....hypothetically
                                    speaking.

                                    > I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a
                                    nice place to play.

                                    Yes, it is a fun place to play, I may get there on occasion as well.

                                    --Campbell
                                  • David Fontes
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                      Just as a heads-up to the vast multitude of you who live on Cape Cod, I _am_
                                      working on getting an open gaming night at the B&N in Hyannis (which
                                      recently opened in a new location - bigger, with a cafe). Possibly starting
                                      in March.

                                      On an... er, um... UNRELATED note, anybody know of any good solitaire games?
                                      -David

                                      >> I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a
                                      > nice place to play.
                                      >
                                      > Yes, it is a fun place to play, I may get there on occasion as well.
                                    • Craig Massey
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                        --- David Fontes <dfontes@...> wrote:

                                        > On an... er, um... UNRELATED note, anybody know of
                                        > any good solitaire games?

                                        Well are you looking for a solitaire card game or
                                        something a bit more beefy?

                                        If the latter, Roads & Boats has several single
                                        solitaire scenarios that are actually pretty
                                        interesting.

                                        Has anyone tried any of the single R&B scenarios?
                                        Given that it is a mini monster and therefore doesn't
                                        get pulled out often, it could be an interesting
                                        exercise to have a bunch of people try the same
                                        scenario over a given time frame and see who scores
                                        highest. Any takers?

                                        =====
                                        Craig W. Massey
                                        cwmassey@...