RE: [Unity_Games] Drahtseilakt//SSG SR

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 6:33 AM
      jsyedidia@...

      >>In fact Aaron seems to be good at every type of game.

      I'll second that. He, Alison and I sat down for what I thought would be a
      close game of Tigris & Euphrates. It turned out to be more a game of Tigris
      & Whoopass as Aaron handed Alison and I are respective hats. Alison's
      strategy was to build up a rather strong kingdon without temples and then
      later absorb nearby kingdoms which she almost got away with but for some
      timely disaster tiles. My strategy, on the other hand, was to quickly build
      temples and then concede them to Aaron in a timely fashion, which I
      succeeded at quite brilliantly, with my leaders spending half the game on
      the sideboard taking treasure baths. Aaron, on the other hand, mixed it up a
      bit, strengthening his kingdoms while simultaneously building and absorbing
      temples, and eventually ended the game by pitching 6 tiles twice in his turn
      to run out the tile bag.

      Final score:
      Aaron: 21, Alison: 14, Matt: 11

      Battle Line
      My awe of this game grows with each playing. Tamara and I were both
      interested in playing this one and deal-master Andrew put us together. Both
      games were close. The first one neither of us played a single tactics card
      as we raced through the deck to get our needed troops cards. I got pretty
      lucky getting exactly the right cards at exactly the right times and took
      three adjacent flags for the win. The second game was down to the wire, as
      Tamara had only two open spots on which to play cards. I had 4 flags and she
      had 3, about to take her fourth, and we were contesting one on which she had
      three 5's. I had a nine on the field and 3 sixes in my hand. Knowing I
      needed some help from the Roman gods, I reached for the tactics pile instead
      of the troop pile and top-decked a Re-Deploy. I bounced my 9 off the board
      and played out the 3 sixes for the win. Close one!