Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Reminder - Barnes & Noble - Open Gaming

    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
      > I'll be there.

      As will I. I've got a small bag-o-games with me and should be at B&N by
      6:30.

      Based on rumblings at SSG Saturday, I think Scott was at the 80% level to
      attend as well. Mark, Alison and David were rather less sure but I think
      David said he might make it down.

      dber@...
    • mhorn@macromedia.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
        I should be there as well.

        As will I. I've got a small bag-o-games with me and should be at B&N by
        6:30.

        Based on rumblings at SSG Saturday, I think Scott was at the 80% level to
        attend as well. Mark, Alison and David were rather less sure but I think
        David said he might make it down.

        dber@...
        http://www.gis.net/~dber <http://www.gis.net/~dber> (South Shore Gamers)

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        The Public Record Portal!
        <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/18/1800us_search/bee1.gif>
        First Name Last Name
        FIND ANYONE Right Now!
        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=177441.1350886.2940839.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700052896:N/
        A=604667/R=!1/!*http://www2.1800ussearch.com/search/start.cgi?adID=190000500
        2>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=177441.1350886.2940839.2/D=egroupmail/S=17
        00052896:N/A=604667/rand=269869002>

        Web page for Unity Games member database, files, polls, etc.

        To UNSUBSCRIBE from the Unity Games mailing list, please send an email to:
        and Unsubscribe from there.

      • Alison Hansel
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
          > From: Dave Bernazzani [mailto:dber@g...]

          > > I'll be there.
          >
          > As will I. I've got a small bag-o-games with me and should be at
          B&N by
          > 6:30.
          >
          > Based on rumblings at SSG Saturday, I think Scott was at the 80%
          level to
          > attend as well. Mark, Alison and David were rather less sure but I
          think
          > David said he might make it down.

          Yes, David will definitely be there. If I'm not too tired from the
          workday, I'll be coming along, too!

          --Alison
        • Mark J. Edwards
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
            --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Alison Hansel" <maarnett@h...> wrote:
            > Yes, David will definitely be there. If I'm not too tired from the
            > workday, I'll be coming along, too!

            David without Alison? Is that possible? Are you sure about this?
            ;-)

            I just got the green light, I'll be there! Got my copy of
            Quandary today and I'll bring it along. We don't have to play it or
            nothing, it can just sit on a table and look pretty for the
            passersby.* ;-)

            Mark

            P.S. Note to Scott and any would be "game pusher", this is the less
            in your face, "guilt method" of game pushing. Dave B is very adept
            at this one.
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
              Mark wrote:
              > I just got the green light, I'll be there!

              Excellent! Jenn informs me she might be there for the first game (after we
              go out for dinner) since she hasn't made the B&N gaming for a couple months
              now. If so, it'll be like the days of old!

              > P.S. Note to Scott and any would be "game pusher", this is the less
              > in your face, "guilt method" of game pushing. Dave B is very adept
              > at this one.

              I've got a style all my own! It's adaptive - and subject to the person I'm
              trying to entice into a game I really want to play. Everything according to
              the master plan! muwhahahahahah!

              dber@...
            • Richard Spoonts
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
                Mark,

                I am so glad you found a copy; your nagging was
                beginning to grate. ;-)

                Where did you find it? And how much did it cost you,
                if I may be so bold?

                Richard

                --- "Mark J. Edwards" <dangermouse@...>
                wrote:
                > --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Alison Hansel"
                > <maarnett@h...> wrote:
                > > Yes, David will definitely be there. If I'm not
                > too tired from the
                > > workday, I'll be coming along, too!
                > >

                > David without Alison? Is that possible? Are you
                > sure about this?
                > ;-)
                >
                > I just got the green light, I'll be there! Got my
                > copy of
                > Quandary today and I'll bring it along. We don't
                > have to play it or
                > nothing, it can just sit on a table and look pretty
                > for the
                > passersby.* ;-)
                >
                > Mark
                >
                > P.S. Note to Scott and any would be "game pusher",
                > this is the less
                > in your face, "guilt method" of game pushing. Dave
                > B is very adept
                > at this one.

              • Mark Edwards
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
                  Richard Spoonts wrote:

                  > Where did you find it? And how much did it cost you,
                  > if I may be so bold?

                  I posted a WTB (Wanted to Buy) on rec.games.board.marketplace and someone responded. After a small bit of haggling we decided on $20 for the game (apparently it cost $35 new). The only flaw with the game is that it has 2 blue '0' tiles and is missing the yellow '0' tile. He glued a tiny piece of paper on one of the blue zeros to indicate it should be yellow.

                  I'm also working on a second copy which I found for $15 on Yahoo auctions. This one is complete but the box is a bit beat up. I plan on replacing the yellow zero from that one and then selling the resulting complete but not quite perfect copy.

                  All that said, I've heard that this game should be relatively easy to find at a fleamarket or yard sale for cheap money.

                  Mark (OCD is popular around here)

                  If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass area, check out Unity Games!

                • mhorn@macromedia.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 9, 2001
                    I can make it. for some reason, I was assuming that it was a no-go... but I
                    have Battle Line with me and FlickWerk if it's just the two of us. I may
                    have to leave a little early.

                    this weekend, I got in a game of 3-player Acquire. I've never played it with
                    so few people before, but it worked really well, so I'll have that in tow
                    (finally broke down and bought one at Scholars).

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 23, 2001
                      I'll be there, sun-burn and all.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 23, 2001
                        Matt wrote:

                        > I'll be there, sun-burn and all.

                        Whoo-hoo! Big turnout with 5 of us... and I brought mostly 2P stuff!

                        dber@...
                      • Matthew Horn
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 23, 2001
                          No worries, I've got Traumfabrik and Baumeister der Wettstreit in addition
                          to some 2-p games.

                        • cragmyre@hotmail.com
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 23, 2001
                            Make that six

                            > Whoo-hoo! Big turnout with 5 of us... and I brought mostly 2P
                            stuff!

                            > --
                            > Dave Bernazzani
                            > dber@g...
                            > http://www.gis.net/~dber (South Shore Gamers)
                          • Campbell MacInnes
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 23, 2001
                              --- In Unity_Games@y..., Matthew Horn <mhorn@m...> wrote:
                              > No worries, I've got Traumfabrik and Baumeister der Wettstreit in
                              addition
                              > to some 2-p games.

                              I brought the paper towels.

                              --Lew Zealand
                            • Mark Edwards
                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 10, 2001
                                If you can't find any takers come down to my house! This'll be the
                                last week that GSG is on a Monday night as next week it'll move back to
                                Tuesdays.

                                Mark

                                Campbell MacInnes wrote:

                                > Hey, is anyone else going to B&N today? I should be able to attend,
                                > and I know of another fellow (from Boston Gamers) who will likely pop
                                > his head in as well.
                                >
                                > Any takers?

                                If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass
                                area, check out Unity Games!

                                "Hey dad? ... wanna have a catch?"

                              • Walter H. Hunt
                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 11, 2001
                                  Campbell MacInnes wrote:

                                  > Hey, is anyone else going to B&N today? I should be able to attend,
                                  > and I know of another fellow (from Boston Gamers) who will likely pop
                                  > his head in as well.
                                  >
                                  > Any takers?

                                  I may stop by on the way home from Lodge. Warning, tuxedo alert!

                                  Walter.
                                • Matthew Horn
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                    Dave B wrote:
                                    >>The Monday B&N has sort of fallen off since about September of
                                    >>last year. A few of the folks had babies...

                                    Actually, a SUSPICIOUSLY large number of B&N attendees and their spouses had babies... and this was about the same time that Campbell stopped showing up, too. Hmm....

                                    I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a nice place to play.
                                  • Mark Edwards
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                      Matthew Horn wrote:

                                      > Dave B wrote:
                                      > >>The Monday B&N has sort of fallen off since about September of
                                      > >>last year. A few of the folks had babies...
                                      >
                                      > Actually, a SUSPICIOUSLY large number of B&N attendees and their
                                      > spouses had babies... and this was about the same time that Campbell
                                      > stopped showing up, too. Hmm....

                                      Just out of curiosity, where were you going with that? Each
                                      possibility seems more ludicrous than the next! ;-)

                                      > I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a nice
                                      > place to play.

                                      I too will be trying to make it as often as I can. I'll also try to
                                      bring Nick to help out Campbell's cause. You'd be amazed at how well
                                      cute babies (he takes after me) work as chick magnets.

                                      Mark

                                      If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass
                                      area, check out Unity Games!

                                      "Hey dad? ... wanna have a catch?"

                                    • unitycam
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                        --- In Unity_Games@y..., Matthew Horn <mhorn@m...> wrote:
                                        > Actually, a SUSPICIOUSLY large number of B&N attendees and their
                                        spouses had babies... and this was about the same time that Campbell
                                        stopped showing up, too. Hmm....

                                        My team of lawyers have advised to make "no comment" on this, as any
                                        HYPOTHETICAL child support costs would bankrupt me....hypothetically
                                        speaking.

                                        > I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a
                                        nice place to play.

                                        Yes, it is a fun place to play, I may get there on occasion as well.

                                        --Campbell
                                      • David Fontes
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                          Just as a heads-up to the vast multitude of you who live on Cape Cod, I _am_
                                          working on getting an open gaming night at the B&N in Hyannis (which
                                          recently opened in a new location - bigger, with a cafe). Possibly starting
                                          in March.

                                          On an... er, um... UNRELATED note, anybody know of any good solitaire games?
                                          -David

                                          >> I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a
                                          > nice place to play.
                                          >
                                          > Yes, it is a fun place to play, I may get there on occasion as well.
                                        • Craig Massey
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                            --- David Fontes <dfontes@...> wrote:

                                            > On an... er, um... UNRELATED note, anybody know of
                                            > any good solitaire games?

                                            Well are you looking for a solitaire card game or
                                            something a bit more beefy?

                                            If the latter, Roads & Boats has several single
                                            solitaire scenarios that are actually pretty
                                            interesting.

                                            Has anyone tried any of the single R&B scenarios?
                                            Given that it is a mini monster and therefore doesn't
                                            get pulled out often, it could be an interesting
                                            exercise to have a bunch of people try the same
                                            scenario over a given time frame and see who scores
                                            highest. Any takers?

                                            =====
                                            Craig W. Massey
                                            cwmassey@...