Re: [Unity_Games] Another Game Package!

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2000
      If that's how it's coming out, my apologies, I'll never disagree with a thing Dave says again. I wasn't under the impression that only one point of view was in vogue.

      Mark

      "Walter Hunt [ext ]" wrote:

      > Formula for a standard Unity Games Thread, v. 0.1
      >
      > (1) Dave posts some comment about a game, a game idea, a theme, his extensive postings, or
      > his published reviews.
      > (2) Mark gives him a hard time about his preferences, game tendencies, the extent of his postings,
      > the number of his postings, his anal-retentiveness, his spelling, or his grammar.
      > (3) Dave becomes self-effacing.
      > (4) Eddie, Andrew, or I chime in trying to get back on subject.
      > (5) Mark indicates that he didn't mean to offend Dave that much.
      > (6) Dave says that he isn't offended, really he isn't.
      > (7) Return to step 1.
      >
      > It's no wonder we have so much traffic.
      >

      > Web page for Unity Games member database, files, polls, etc.
      > http://www.egroups.com/group/Unity_Games

    • Walter Hunt [ext ]
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2000
        > If that's how it's coming out, my apologies, I'll never disagree with a thing Dave says again. I wasn't under the impression that only one point of view was in vogue.
        >
        > > Formula for a standard Unity Games Thread, v. 0.1
        > >... some humor ...

        No, that's not the point at all and you know it. It's just that you and Dave spend a lot of time insulting each other good-naturedly and then apologizing for sounding harsh. Face to face, you guys do the same thing, but everyone knows it's in fun. I think most of the people on this list know it's in fun by e-mail as well, so I think we should spend more time talking games than apologizing.

        Or at least you guys should vary your delivery somewhat. :-)

        Walter
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2000
          "Walter Hunt [ext ]" wrote:

          > > If that's how it's coming out, my apologies, I'll never disagree with a thing Dave says again. I wasn't under the impression that only one point of view was in vogue.
          > >
          > No, that's not the point at all and you know it. It's just that you and Dave spend a lot of time insulting each other good-naturedly and then apologizing for sounding harsh. Face to face, you guys do the same thing, but everyone knows it's in fun. I think most of the people on this list know it's in fun by e-mail as well, so I think we should spend more time talking games than apologizing.
          >
          > Or at least you guys should vary your delivery somewhat. :-)
          >
          > Walter

          My apologies, I wasn't in the best of moods when typing that. Doh, I'm sorry again, now I'm taking up time apologizing. ;-)
          Anyhoot, it seemed like your post (which I realize was in total humor) was portraying an innocent Dave as the persecuted martyr to my evil Roman emperor. It's obviously more of a two way street than that.

          Nonetheless I'll take the point to heart, if poor Dave ever posts to this list again, I'll put the kid gloves on when typing my replies.

          Mark

          --
          Mark Edwards
          dangermouse@ize=aone.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 3, 2000

            > My apologies, I wasn't in the best of moods when typing that. Doh, I'm sorry again, now I'm taking up time apologizing. ;-)

            Football fans. Who says neutronium is the densest material in the universe? :-)

            > Anyhoot, it seemed like your post (which I realize was in total humor) was portraying an innocent Dave as the persecuted martyr to my evil Roman emperor. It's obviously more of a two way street than that.

            Well, obviously. I'd just rather talk about games than about Dave's feelings. Or yours. Or mine.

            > Nonetheless I'll take the point to heart, if poor Dave ever posts to this list again, I'll put the kid gloves on when typing my replies.

            Now _that's_ humor. "If poor Dave ever posts..."

            ----------------------
            Walter H. Hunt
            Senior Technical Writer
            VistaSource, Inc.
            114 Turnpike Rd., Westboro, MA 01581 whunt@...
            (508) 870-0300 ext. 391

            millihelen (n.) -- That quantity of beauty required to launch one ship.
          • Mark Edwards
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 3, 2000
              "Walter Hunt [ext ]" wrote:

              > Well, obviously. I'd just rather talk about games than about Dave's feelings. Or yours. Or mine.

              Heheh, true enough. I just have a hard time judging when trading banter with Dave that he'll take offense or not. When I take offense I simply fire back, but Dave's a more sensitive soul.

              > > Nonetheless I'll take the point to heart, if poor Dave ever posts to this list again, I'll put the kid gloves on when typing my replies.
              >
              > Now _that's_ humor. "If poor Dave ever posts..."

              Heheheh, no really I'm serious! I emailed him privately (and the kid gloves were definitely off) in reponse to his last post and I haven't heard from him since! It's been less than a day, but Dave usually responds within hours if not minutes. I think I've single handedly driven him into exile!

              Mark

              --
              Mark Edwards
              dangermouse@...