Re: An unlear futu..

  • William Romaniecki
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14 10:49 PM
      I agree with Mark. Pardon his intemperate remarks. Alas, I believe he his a Red Sox fan and is suffering from PTS. He may also be suffering withdrawal symptoms because his favorite club in Attleboro was closed down.

      This group can serve to put people together for game sessions outside of closed groups. Chat about the game sessions would be interesting.

      I'm looking into the cost of renting the KoC hall in Attleboro. Maybe we could try one Saturday session and see if there is interest in more. Maybe bimonthy sessions would be more practical? Maybe the site can rotate?

      Both the old NSGamers nd the Easton group collapsed when the persons running them were not able to continue. Alan Moon used to publish a monthly newsletter that kept interest high. It was a lot of work, but Alan really had nothing else to do.  The web would make communication easier.

      Speaking of games, I got chance to play three three player games of "Web of Power" last night. The game plays better than it looks. When I first read the rules, my first impression was ho-hum. What made the game work was the three ways of scoring - two of which only score at the end of the game. The games took less than an hour. We also got in two games of "Modern Art".

      Bill
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15 5:31 AM
        "William Romaniecki" <billrom@...> wrote:

        >This group can serve to put people together for game
        >sessions outside of closed groups. Chat about the game
        >sessions would be interesting.

        Yes - I'm thinking this is how I should have approached the list. My
        hindsight is typically a bit better than my foresight (or
        present-sight!). Again, I had built it up as something else in my
        mind and as such it weighed heavily on me. I think my new frame of
        mind approach and the change of the charter will be fine.

        >Speaking of games, I got chance to play three
        >three player games of "Web of Power" last night.

        Neat game. We've been playing it at the SSG for a bit now (I've only
        played 4 and 5 player games of it). It's not great, but good and
        plays in about 1 hour with reasonably fast players which is a big plus
        in my book. It does have a bit more luck in the draw of the cards
        than I would like, but it's a clever short game to be sure.

        dber@...