Game Components... KoplowGames

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2001
      We've had this discussion before and I remember someone mentioning
      KowplowGames (which I just saw again this morning on rec.games.board).

      http://www.koplowgames.com/

      What I didn't realize before is they are in Boston at:

      369 Congress St.
      Boston, MA 02210
      (617) 482-4011

      Any chance anyone on this list works or lives near there and would mind
      picking me up a few things (spare wooden pawns, colored cubes, etc) in the
      next couple of weeks/month for me? If so, please contact me and thanks!!

      PS - Response for Saturday is looking good. Will enjoy seeing many of you
      there!

      dber@...
    • Pitt Crandlemire
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2001
        At 09:10 AM 3/29/01 -0500, Dave Bernazzani wrote:
        >We've had this discussion before and I remember someone mentioning
        >KowplowGames (which I just saw again this morning on rec.games.board).
        >
        >http://www.koplowgames.com/
        >
        >What I didn't realize before is they are in Boston at:
        >
        >369 Congress St.
        >Boston, MA 02210
        >(617) 482-4011
        >
        >Any chance anyone on this list works or lives near there and would mind
        >picking me up a few things (spare wooden pawns, colored cubes, etc) in the
        >next couple of weeks/month for me?

        FYI, Koplow is local but a) they don't have any kind of public sales
        outlet, b) they don't sell directly to the public, and c) they sell only in
        bulk. They'll actually be happy to sell to you if you call and tell them
        you are a hobby store (Bernazzani's Bazaar!) but you'll definitely have to
        place the order by phone. First, though, you'll have to call them to
        request a catalog and price list (the catalog's online but the price list
        isn't).

        -Pitt
      • Walter Hunt {the HOtC}
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
          >FYI, Koplow is local but a) they don't have any kind of public sales
          >outlet, b) they don't sell directly to the public, and c) they sell only in
          >bulk.

          These statements are 90% true. The 10% false represents their presence at
          Origins and GenCon. At the cons, they often share space with Carol Mollica
          of Games People Play, and they have oodles o dice, pawns, chits, etc.
          (Though I don't remember wooden cubes).

          I'll be at GenCon this year, but that isn't until the first week of August.
          If anyone can wait that long, I can pick up stuff then.

          Walter.