Bazaar - Sid Sackson

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2000
      Well - I finally nailed my copy of Sid's classic Bazaar. I had placed some
      $15 bids (I can't see spending much more than this for a used game except
      under extreme circumstances) on copies in the past (both 3M and Discovery
      Toys editions) and never even came close. Most went for mid to upper $20's.

      This week there were something like 6 copies up for auction so I picked the
      first of them and went to $25 max bid. It's a Discovery Toys Special
      Edition and unplayed (gems still in original sealed plastic bags). I
      managed to get it for $21.50 which is slightly more than I was hoping for,
      but better than I was willing to pay.

      I'll be sure to bring it to B&N in the coming weeks...

      Maybe we need a "Sackson" night with Acquire, Bazaar, Samarkand, KK&K,
      Buried Treasure, Can't Stop, etc (I only have a home grown version of Can't
      Stop but maybe someone has a real copy).

      dber@...
    • Walter Hunt [ext ]
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2000
        > Well - I finally nailed my copy of Sid's classic Bazaar.

        One of my favorite "light" games. I have a 3M edition.

        > I'll be sure to bring it to B&N in the coming weeks...

        I'd like to see a Discovery edition; please bring it on 8/5.

        > Maybe we need a "Sackson" night with Acquire, Bazaar, Samarkand, KK&K,
        > Buried Treasure, Can't Stop, etc (I only have a home grown version of Can't
        > Stop but maybe someone has a real copy).

        Both Dan M. and I have copies of this excellent game. There's at least one copy on
        eBay this week.

        ----------------------
        Walter H. Hunt
        Senior Technical Writer
        VistaSource, Inc.
        114 Turnpike Rd., Westboro, MA 01581 whunt@...
        (508) 870-0300 ext. 391

        millihelen (n.) -- That quantity of beauty required to launch one ship.
      • Dan Cashmore
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2000
          > Maybe we need a "Sackson" night with Acquire, Bazaar, Samarkand, KK&K,
          > Buried Treasure, Can't Stop, etc (I only have a home grown version of Can't
          > Stop but maybe someone has a real copy).

          I have Can't Stop, and would be glad to bring it along for such a theme
          night (or any other time someone asked me to)
          -Dan