Re: [Unity_Games] Pet hates/loves/sounds

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
      AndAgainMA@... wrote:

      >What turns you off a game?

      Too long. Too fidly (too many special rules). Games with a
      trillion little itty-bitty cardboard counters. Players eliminated
      or generally out of contention early.

      (Please note - I know some people on this list love these types
      of games above, but these are specific to my temperament with
      games).

      >What turns you on? (to a game, that is)

      Elegant rules. Reasonably simple mechanics. Short play time.
      High interaction. Nice components. In two words - "German
      Games". Also enjoy classic abstract games and card games
      (traditional).

      >Gaming music?

      I don't listen to music when playing. I find the game table
      atmosphere wonderful in itself. Sometimes when I play 2P games
      with Jenn, I'll put on Pink Floyd - lots of long melodies without
      too many words to concentrate on...

      dber@...