Pet hates/loves/sounds

  • AndAgainMA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 6:58 PM
      Prompted by Greg's just-now-asked question of Dave...
      This would be an interesting part of a gamer's profile...

      What turns you off a game?
      First answer that comes to me: advantage to players with good memories (this
      is why I don't think I will ever love Samurai as much as Thru the Des)

      What turns you on? (to a game, that is)
      Doris (don't tell Frank!)

      Gaming music?
      Goishwin, for some strange reason, although I think Bach would go better with
      most Knizia games.

      Andrew.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 7:34 PM
        AndAgainMA@... wrote:

        >What turns you off a game?

        Too long. Too fidly (too many special rules). Games with a
        trillion little itty-bitty cardboard counters. Players eliminated
        or generally out of contention early.

        (Please note - I know some people on this list love these types
        of games above, but these are specific to my temperament with
        games).

        >What turns you on? (to a game, that is)

        Elegant rules. Reasonably simple mechanics. Short play time.
        High interaction. Nice components. In two words - "German
        Games". Also enjoy classic abstract games and card games
        (traditional).

        >Gaming music?

        I don't listen to music when playing. I find the game table
        atmosphere wonderful in itself. Sometimes when I play 2P games
        with Jenn, I'll put on Pink Floyd - lots of long melodies without
        too many words to concentrate on...

        dber@...