Re: [Unity_Games] Chinatown [speaking of Funagain reviews]

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2000
      Given that this is a negotiation game with boardplay -
      I'm not surprised it was a luke warm reception for it.
      I have yet to play it, but given the rules, and
      reviews, it seems like this game really places a
      premium on dealmaking skills and if you have bad tiles
      and can't deal your way into a better position, you
      are doomed to have a bad game and probably an
      unenjoyable one at that.

      I've tried it once with some that weren't great deal
      makers and wanted to optimize their deals instead of
      working with the theorey that one should make deals
      optimized or not and lots of them. I liked it, but i
      can see how it might drag.

      --- Dave Bernazzani <dber@...> wrote:

      > I recall the one playing at the SSG was rather
      > lukewarm - some
      > seemed to like it and others not so much. I still
      > haven't been
      > able to try my copy yet (although it's been played).
      > Anyone out
      > here played it more than once know what's what with
      > the game?
      >
      > --
      > Dave Bernazzani
      > dber@...
      > http://www.gis.net/~dber (South Shore Gamers)
      >

      > Web page for Unity Games member database, files,
      > polls, etc.
      > http://www.egroups.com/group/Unity_Games
      >
      > To UNSUBSCRIBE from The Unity Games mailing list,
      > please send an email to:
      > Unity Games page above and Unsubscribe from there.

      =====
      Craig W. Massey
      cwmassey@...

      http://invites.yahoo.com/