Rheinlander?

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
      I was reading a session report from a group in the UK that was highly
      favorable of Rheinlander. They've played it a few times and really seem
      to be enjoying it. I read somewhere else that it had certain
      similarities to Acquire and Big Boss in particular (although I'm curious
      if the writer was stretching things at that point).

      I'd heard so-so reports on it, specifically from Greg S., but this new
      info intrigued me so I went about searching for reviews and prices. Lo
      and behold I came upon *another* review from "Alison from New York", who
      gave it 4 out of 5 stars, thumbing her nose at those nay-sayers! ;-)

      Alison, do you own a copy of this game? If so could you bring it along
      to some future game session? I'd like to give it a whirl.

      Thx,
      Mark

      NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...
      surprise and fear... fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and
      surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear,
      surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to
      the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons... Amongst our
      weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise... I'll come in again.
    • Alison Hansel
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
        Mark Edwards <dangermouse@m...> wrote:

        > I was reading a session report from a group in the UK that was
        highly
        > favorable of Rheinlander.
        >Lo
        > and behold I came upon *another* review from "Alison from New
        York", who
        > gave it 4 out of 5 stars, thumbing her nose at those nay-sayers!
        ;-)

        > Alison, do you own a copy of this game? If so could you bring it
        along
        > to some future game session?

        I sure do. I sure can.

        I'm going to have to stop submitting reviews now that I
        know some people are out there reading them!

        --Alison