Re: [Unity_Games] B&N Gaming - July 31, 2000

  • Dan Cashmore
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 11:30 AM
      My thoughts on the games...

      > Lord of the Leprechauns by KRIMSUS...Generally we didn't feel any great sense
      of accomplishment with this game...Ratings were all near 5 (which is kind).
      That pretty much says it all. I think I gave it a 6 and on the way home
      thought that was 2 points too many.

      > Aladdin's Dragons.
      Now this is my kind of game. I know the blind bid thing isn't for everyone
      (I gather that Mark in particular disdains it), but I really enjoy this
      mechanism. A good twist on it in A.D.--that you bid all your tokens at once
      on several different kinds of booty. Although each round of the game
      follows the same sequence, I didn't feel that the game play got too
      repetitive because your primary bidding goals change as the game moves
      along. I did feel like it may have gone a round or two too long, but that
      probably had more to do with my hopes to get a third game in before the
      store closed than with any fault of the game. I think we also forgot to
      leave out some Victory Tokens for a 4-player game, which would have
      shortened it a bit.

      > During our game of AD - the other three players sat for a game of
      > Members Only.
      Didn't play, but this looks fun.

      An enjoyable session.